CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance!

+3
blondie
NubieNatty
genuhhveeve
7 posters

Go down

Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance! Empty Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance!

Post by genuhhveeve 21st December 2009, 2:21 pm

Hello ladies,

I am a 6 month newly natural and in my 15th month of being relaxer free! Whoop!
BUUUT I'm still having dilemma's with styling my hair sometimes. I want the sleek, polished look of most of the girls that I see on CurlyNikki's site and I don't know how on earth to get it. I'm still trying to experiment with products but don't really know how to find what is best for me and brings out my best results. My hair is a humidity beast (real talk) and I've had maybe 2-3 succesful twist/braid outs. My hair shrinkage is cuhraazy and for some reason after I've done a style and go out (usually to church), after a while of being out my hair tends to become poofy and frizzy and the style just turns more shrunken and clumpy(hope I'm describing this right).

Anywho, I was hoping that some of you 3c/TWA girls could give me your hair tips on what styles I should be rocking at this time in my hair journey and post pics of your succesful styles along with what products that you feel would be very helpful in aiding with bringing out the best in my hair and preventing frizz? Thanks so much in advance..this is gonna be a BIG help! I'd truly be lost without this site!
genuhhveeve
genuhhveeve

Back to top Go down

Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance! Empty Re: Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance!

Post by NubieNatty 21st December 2009, 2:29 pm

good leave-ins like garnier sleek n shine, giovanni's are good to control frizz; also rinsing ur hair in cold water too! my new years resolution is to hold off on my pj-ism (which is out of control); so im gonna ATTEMPT to use one brand of product for at least 2 wks so i can note the difference in which one works best for my hair. for MY hair gels like IC, aloe vera work good to control my frizz!

as far as styles, there's a section on the cn community that talks allll about styling tips for twa's!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance! Empty Re: Calling all 3c TWA's!! In major need of Hair Assistance!

Post by genuhhveeve 21st December 2009, 3:00 pm

Perfect! I have Garnier's sleek n ' shine leave in conditioner! I also have thier serum now I'm not sure if it's sleek n' shine or frizz control or something like that but it should be able to work too right? I need gel too! I'm so scared of it though lol But everyone talks about IC gel and Ecostyler gel what's the difference?
genuhhveeve
genuhhveeve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd December 2009, 1:31 am

Elasta QP Feels Like Silk liquid gel
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 23rd December 2009, 2:57 am

That orange cholesterol. Omg magic
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by jerseygirl 23rd December 2009, 3:24 am

I am a TWA and I did the BC in Sept 2009 and I have been using Kinky Curly Products. It leaves my TWA popping with curls and well moisturized! it takes some work to figure out how much to use on your hair, a little goes along way and too much will leave white specs all over your hair and you have wash abd do it all over. It is a all natural product and the more you use it the better it gets for your hair. I love my Kinky Curly Product Line and it is all I use! That and water for next day hair! It has never failed me yet and my hair smells good, looks good!
jerseygirl
jerseygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd December 2009, 10:11 am

Hey Jersey girl!! I love the curls!!

@Gen, I think you have some good suggestions to start off. Keep at it! I don't know my hair type and I gave up trying to figure it out. Some things/styles/products work for some and others don't. Get to know what your crown of glory likes and go from there.

HTH
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by genuhhveeve 23rd December 2009, 3:32 pm

@brittanypooh OMG I KNOW! I bought an extra big tub for sale at Sally's and girl, oh my goodness i was in love. I recently bought another tub of Cholesterol but it's the regular kind..oh well..whatever will do the job!

@blondie Elasta QP huh? Officially on my shopping list!

@sweetdrk1 Thanks girl! I definitely have a lot of exploring to do with my hair this winter break. Gotta get in tune with it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
genuhhveeve
genuhhveeve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd December 2009, 3:38 pm

@genuhhveeve - just the Feels Like Silk...I don't recommend the whole line, but the FLS is the business!
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by genuhhveeve 23rd December 2009, 4:18 pm

@Blondie Alright then! And how often and when do you apply it?
genuhhveeve
genuhhveeve

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd December 2009, 4:29 pm

After I wash is when I apply it. In the mornings, I may apply a bit here of there as needed. I am working on 6 day hair and have only applied it 2x since the wash....and that was just on the halo to control random frizz.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 27th December 2009, 11:47 pm

Herbal Essence Totally Twisted was my hair salvation this winter. Also - watch Mahogany curls videos on You tube she does some cute stuff and she is a 3bc I think.
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down