CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cover Your Hair

5 posters

Go down

Cover Your Hair Empty Cover Your Hair

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th November 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey curlies! Do any of you ladies resort to wearing decorative scarves as a "protective style" during the cooler months? My Aunt has been wearing scarves for years and her hair is waist length. I came across this site [by way of newly natural's blog] and thought I would share. What do you ladies think?

http://www.coveryourhair.com/israeliTichelIndex.html

mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Cover Your Hair Empty Re: Cover Your Hair

Post by naturallynola 29th November 2010, 12:58 am

Mizcreative, thanks for posting. Lots of very pretty scarves. We just have to make sure to wear a silk or satin scarf underneath b/c they appear to be mainly cotton, and that cotton will zap the moisture from the hair.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th November 2010, 2:39 am

So far, I have not done this, but I've been thinking about buying some for those bad hair days. I think they look really nice with cute accessories and/or makeup.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 29th November 2010, 9:38 am

Those are very pretty. I'm Muslim so I used to cover my hair all the time and I would wear the scarf tied like that. But I used silk or silky scarves because cotton is drying on the hair.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 29th November 2010, 3:21 pm

So far I've ordered from this place and I like them. In fact I have one on right now a white one with blue flowers and black designs. I got the multi pack of 4 for like $25. I do cover my hair at times but I like doing it. It's like cute accessories to me and to jazz it up with nice earrings is great.

I really like the Tichels because they are super thin and your hair can breath, unlike most hijabs. I'm going to be doing a YT review on these tichels some time this week. I don't mind at att that they are not satin or silk because they are super thin, almost sheer (doesn't look that way in the photos) and since I put a moisturizer on my hair before I put my Tichel on, my hair doesn't have any snapping or rough problems. I really like wearing them to work because my building blasts the A/C year round and my hair hates it. So this Tichel helps it and it's so thin my scalp can breath.

Oh and she is having a 30% of sale right now for the holidays (of course I ordered another set, LOL)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 29th November 2010, 7:05 pm

makeupvixen wrote:So far I've ordered from this place and I like them. In fact I have one on right now a white one with blue flowers and black designs. I got the multi pack of 4 for like $25. I do cover my hair at times but I like doing it. It's like cute accessories to me and to jazz it up with nice earrings is great.

I really like the Tichels because they are super thin and your hair can breath, unlike most hijabs. I'm going to be doing a YT review on these tichels some time this week. I don't mind at att that they are not satin or silk because they are super thin, almost sheer (doesn't look that way in the photos) and since I put a moisturizer on my hair before I put my Tichel on, my hair doesn't have any snapping or rough problems. I really like wearing them to work because my building blasts the A/C year round and my hair hates it. So this Tichel helps it and it's so thin my scalp can breath.

Oh and she is having a 30% of sale right now for the holidays (of course I ordered another set, LOL)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OOh, you got me with the 30% off sale. I'm gonna have to order some now! LOL! Smile
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down