CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog

3 posters

Go down

Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog Empty Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog

Post by naturallychelsea 28th November 2010, 11:10 pm

For a long while I have juggled the idea of creating a blog for curly teens back and forth. My dream is for there to be site solely dedicated to catering for the special needs of curly teens. I find we are a small minority floating around the web and it would be nice to rally everyone around for support. I know from personal experience that it is hard to go natural in highschool. We are just finding ourselves and searching for acceptance so going against the status-quo and risking ridicule and outcast from our peers is tough to say the least. I also want the site to be a tool to boost the already fragile egos of many teenage girls.

I have many ideas for the site and would love to see it come to fruition. However, as the old adage goes; anything worth doing should be done right. So I am requesting the help of a computer savvy curly who can aid me with the design and general set up of the site. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

From a curly teen
Chelsea
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog Empty Re: Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog

Post by KandyLandKurls 28th November 2010, 11:26 pm

I think it would be a great idea, your right there isnt many teen blogs for naturals ..I say give it a try
KandyLandKurls
KandyLandKurls

Back to top Go down

Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog Empty Re: Help with Creating a Curly Teen Blog

Post by naturallychelsea 29th November 2010, 8:29 pm

bump bump Razz
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 30th November 2010, 2:42 am

What blog platform are you going to use? You should look around and see which ones have templates you like. I have a free blog through Blogger. I have my own domain name that I point to my blog. Let me know if anything I'm saying is way over your head. Trust me though, I'm not super technical.

Also, look into learning a little html code, if you don't know some already. Just simple coding can help with the tweaking of your blog. A little code helped me tweak my link to my blog in my signature.

There are plenty of sites that have basic info.

On color: If you like a certain standard blog template but don't care for your color options, you can search the web for color sites. I like going to ColourLovers.com for color inspiration. The color codes are on the sight as well. Templates (at least ones in Blogger) will allow you to put the color coding into the template fields. No coding needed.

I don't know what help you need. You may not even know. LOL. Just ask for specifics. Good luck and just get going. Don't worry about things being so perfect. Find you a nice clean template and build on it as you go. Good content is most important. Take care.

Last edited by SummerSkye on 30th November 2010, 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fix link code)
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 30th November 2010, 8:40 am

Thnx summer I have heard good things about blogger so I thought it would be a good start. Also, Im trying to look into hotmail coding to customise the site. I am looking to get a custom banner for the site and hopeful forum.

Lastly, I think that as for further customising I might need a little help with all of this coding.

But thank you soo much Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down