CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elasta QP Glaze

+2
vivacious00
Ebbz
6 posters

Go down

Elasta QP Glaze Empty Elasta QP Glaze

Post by Ebbz 28th November 2010, 6:38 pm

I just bought this from Walmar for $2.69. I couldn't believe it.

I plan to use this with a boar bristle brush (also purchased at Walmart) to smooth my edges and the front of my hair back when i wear my half wig and when I want to pull my twistouts back with a headband sometimes. I might try to make a fro hawk with it as well...

Has anyone ever used it? How did you like it?
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Elasta QP Glaze Empty Re: Elasta QP Glaze

Post by Guest 28th November 2010, 6:59 pm

um..yea, i've used QP ELASTA before, but it wasw waaayyyy before i decided to go natural when my hair was relexed so idk how it may work on natural hair, but i'm sure it will do a good job for ur edges, but they may be greasy later (kinda like the let's jam product by soft sheen & carson) but that's just my opinion....try it out, u make like it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 29th November 2010, 1:42 am

I haven't used this BUT it's acutally on my list of things to be purchased. I've seen a lot of ladies on YT using this that are either transitioning or natural.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th November 2010, 1:47 am

yea..alot of ppl also use it when they have uh relaxer; not too sure about many naturals using it, but then again there are alot of things i DON'T KNOW about natural hair yet; still learning Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 29th November 2010, 2:33 am

I find that QP Elasta gets greasy after a while and drips on my face. Not good for my skin. It also melts in hot weather or even if it's just warm in my house. I think a better alternative is Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Edge Control. Not the most natural product, but it stays in place and doesn't mess with my other products. I use it to slick back my edges once my hair has dried. However I wouldn't recommended this if you don't shampoo. It's thick and has to be shampooed out.

Last edited by SwirlyCurls90 on 29th November 2010, 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th November 2010, 2:35 am

I don't like this product at all. Like someone mentioned, it's just like Let's Jam. It holds for an hour or so, but then it gets all greasy.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 29th November 2010, 3:27 pm

I use it! I have the new Oilve Oil one too that I got from Target. I only use it on my edges and when I'm doing a bun or ponytail.

I only leave it in my hair for about 2 days then wash it out. It's pretty heavy and I like to a clean feeling, just my preference.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 30th November 2010, 1:23 pm

I agree with the other ladies. I only use it on my edges and I do find that it can be sort of greasy after a while. Also if its later on in the day and you touch your hair and put your fingers in your mouth the taste lingers for some while. Sort of like JAM like someone else mentioned..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 30th November 2010, 4:25 pm

laleepop14 wrote:I agree with the other ladies. I only use it on my edges and I do find that it can be sort of greasy after a while. Also if its later on in the day and you touch your hair and put your fingers in your mouth the taste lingers for some while. Sort of like JAM like someone else mentioned..

Don't be eating the Glaze laleepop! lol!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 30th November 2010, 8:54 pm

lol at the comments!

I used some today to pin the sides of my hair back. I was very light with it and so far I have no complaints and I did my hair about 6 hours ago. So I will make sure I only use a little to try not to experience the "grease". But so far so good!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down