CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream

2 posters

Go down

Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream Empty Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream

Post by Emartini04 25th November 2010, 3:06 am

Ladies I need a few suggestions if possible:

For the warm weather days I was using the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie (which I adored) but can no longer use it due to the cold weather which was causing the product to dry my hair pretty bad. Now that the winter time is here I have no idea on what I should use because it seems like everything either has glycerin or mineral oil. My question is what are you ladies using out there for that extra curl definition in your hair?

I've just been using oils and butter to twist my hair (which leaves an extra nice soft look) but when I go out or have holiday events to attend - I would love to have that extra definition in my hair. (Not into using gel. Only for really urgent WNG's)
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream Empty Re: Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream

Post by LittleOne 27th November 2010, 4:41 pm

Hi Emartini04,

2 suggestions:

1) Mousse: Either Herbal Essences or Kiss My Face (Organic). A good mousse can give you the same definition as gel, but without the crunch.

2) Curl Gel-les'c by CURLS: It's a little pricey, but it works well.

You can find all those products in the "Styling Products - For Natural African American Curls" Section of the Hair Liberty store....www.hairliberty.org/shop. Please let us know how it turns out! Stay warm! Smile
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream Empty Re: Good Winter Time Defining Styler/Cream

Post by Emartini04 27th November 2010, 8:07 pm

Thanks girly. I will definitely try these products. For the gel ..do you use that to twist your hair or for WNG's?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 28th November 2010, 2:11 pm

Curl Gel-les'c is more like a styling lotion. It comes in a bottle. I put it on my soaking wet hair, let it air dry till damp, and then do a twist out. I have fine hair, so that's what I do to make sure my twist out looks full and fluffy. HTH
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down