CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shea Moisture made me sick!

5 posters

Go down

Shea Moisture made me sick! Empty Shea Moisture made me sick!

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 2:48 am

Hey-
I bought the SM Hibiscus & Coconut smoothie and nearly died! Okay, actually the scent just gave me a horrible horrible horrible headache Mad Is there anyone else that had this reaction? I got the other product in that scent too..same headache. Of course, I didnt know what caused it till too late and it was already on my hair. I can handle the gold/brown label that is frankencinse & myrrh scented though. I acually like that- in moderation. I had to return both to Tar-jay stat! I didn't want to, but my mom was like: Well, go ahead & keep using it, but lie down on the bed after since ur gonna pass out anyway...or you can just return it, silly! My mom is sooo silly Smile

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Shea Moisture made me sick! Empty Re: Shea Moisture made me sick!

Post by Cupcake415 23rd November 2010, 2:17 pm

Lol, Well... I didn't have this reaction. I like the smell.

Although, I don't see it as a Curl enhancer, I use it just for moisture... (Don't feel like returning it, lol)

Got mine for Tar-jay as well!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd November 2010, 2:37 pm

@mokacoffey - You're probably very sensitive to frangrance. I have read where a few other naturals were sensitive to the frangrance used in the coconut and hibiscus line.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by mokacoffey 23rd November 2010, 6:45 pm

@crazy coils: yeah, I am definitely sensitive to smells. It's frustrating because so many natural hair products are heavily scented! I have an unopened jar of coconut oil I'm afraid to open still. I hope that's not a bust. I think I'm ok with natural scents, just not the over the top manufactured ones. I love how taking care of my hair is a daily learning process:-)

mokacoffey

Back to top Go down

Post by J.S.M. 23rd November 2010, 9:56 pm

mokacoffey wrote:@crazy coils: yeah, I am definitely sensitive to smells. It's frustrating because so many natural hair products are heavily scented! [...] I'm ok with natural scents, just not the over the top manufactured ones.

+1

I'm exactly like this. I can't stand heavily-scented, artificial-smelling products, which is why I hate Shea Moisture everything (that, along with the fact that none of their products have ever worked for me at all). It's the same deal with Oyin Handmade, the scents just make me absolutely sick and I'm more than willing to get rid of a product and never use it again solely based on it's scent. I'm perfectly fine with the natural scent of a product/ingredient, though, like unrefined shea butter and Jamaican black castor oil.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 24th November 2010, 2:41 am

I had the same reaction and had to return the whole hibiscus and coconut line. I do realize that I am sensitive to fragrances so before I bought anything from KBB, for example, I visited her store and smelled EVERYTHING before I made a purchase.
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down