CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago....

+22
Stephy0306
Cupcake415
Kez
jadore04
SwirlyCurls90
jeanlouisangel
laleepop14
CurliQsue
curlya
KinkyNappyHappy
deeply_rooted_chick
Umph
~*Kiana*~
PyreFli42
blkbeauty2010
pie
Niqui36
sweetdrk1
Sweet Tee
Lynnieluve
letha
tweedledee
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago.... Empty So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago....

Post by tweedledee 19th November 2010, 11:40 pm

I did it by myself and I am having a hard time getting all of these scraggly relaxed ends off. Every time that I think that I have cut them all, it seems like more pop up! Is there a method that I can use to get them all off or do I just sit here and snip for the next hour?
tweedledee
tweedledee

Back to top Go down

So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago.... Empty Re: So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago....

Post by letha 19th November 2010, 11:58 pm

Congrats.. bounce woot! run

Can't wait to see pics..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago.... Empty Re: So, I just BCed like 10 minutes ago....

Post by Lynnieluve 20th November 2010, 12:58 am

Congratulations!!! I cant wait to see pics!!!

If you cut it in sections, you should pretty much be able to get them all. It took me 2 hrs to do Self BC (hubby helped too).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 20th November 2010, 3:45 am

It took me a couple of weeks to get all of the strays.

But I just kept snipping.

So I feel your pain... Smile
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th November 2010, 11:35 am

Congrats! How did you do? Show us pics!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 20th November 2010, 12:06 pm

I wanna see! I wanna see! lol. When I cut mine I did it over the course of a week. Finally let someone I trust go through it for me to get all the scragglys.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by pie 20th November 2010, 2:37 pm

Yep, it took me a couple of weeks too. Everytime I thought that I had gotten all, another would pop up........... Very Happy Congrats on your BC!!!
pie
pie

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 20th November 2010, 2:58 pm

Hip hip hoorayyyyyyy!!! Congrats and you must post pics. It may take a while. I got mine professionally done and even still it was another week or two before I could get all my raggedy ends off. If youre going to continue to do it at home I soooo hope you have hair scissors and a trusty friend who can assist you with the back. I would suggest wet hair. Although you just bc'd your wet hair will reveal your natural texture and the permed ends will either stick out like a sore thumb LITERALLY or lay limp. Good luck and welcome
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by PyreFli42 20th November 2010, 4:00 pm

Congratulation!!! Can't wait to see pics! Like a few people have already said, I self-BC'd (both times..sigh) and it took at least a couple of weeks to snip all of the relaxed ends.
PyreFli42
PyreFli42

http://public.fotki.com/pyrefli42/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 20th November 2010, 4:09 pm

Congrats....can't wait 2 see
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by tweedledee 22nd November 2010, 12:08 pm

Here's my pics! No matter how many forum post I read or youtube videos I watched, I still have no clue what I doing! Question....Does it matter that I didn't use expensive hair scissors for my BC? The ones I used were cheap but they were new and sharp. My hair is really dry and I thought maybe it was because of my ends not being cut properly???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

tweedledee
tweedledee

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 22nd November 2010, 12:11 pm

Congrats! Very Happy
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd November 2010, 1:46 pm

GORGEOUS!!!

You dont have to use expensive scissors. If you used hair cutting shears, that's all that matters. As far as the dryness, that comes along with the BC. Most naturals experience dryness after they BC. I would suggest deep conditioning often and co washing. You could even baggy overnight to help your hair retain moisture.

Congratulations again!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 22nd November 2010, 1:49 pm

very pretty
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd November 2010, 2:01 pm

You hair is beautiful!!! Congratulations on your BC!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 22nd November 2010, 2:20 pm

Congratualations! I like the flower in your hair. Also, regarding dryness I second Lynnieluve suggestions; try the baggy method. It helped me ALOT!
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliQsue 22nd November 2010, 2:49 pm

Congrats!!!!!!!! dance
CurliQsue
CurliQsue

http://www.twitter.com/ImmortalGypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 22nd November 2010, 6:45 pm

tweedledee wrote:Here's my pics! No matter how many forum post I read or youtube videos I watched, I still have no clue what I doing! Question....Does it matter that I didn't use expensive hair scissors for my BC? The ones I used were cheap but they were new and sharp. My hair is really dry and I thought maybe it was because of my ends not being cut properly???

That looks very good on you!!!! I did my BC myself and over time I got rid of all the relzxed ends. It definitely wasnt in that one sitting because after a while I think your mind starts to play tricks on you!! So maybe next week when you wash search for those left over straight ends and snip away!!!

Congrats and I was lost too, its all about trial and error now and experimenting and getting to know your natural hair in its natural state.
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 6:59 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl...Blessings. It took me over two and half to cut the locs off, and that is supposed to be easier than the perm. It looks gorgeous so enjoy this journey flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 22nd November 2010, 7:03 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl...Blessings. It took me over two and half to cut the locs off, and that is supposed to be easier than the perm. It looks gorgeous so enjoy this journey flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by SwirlyCurls90 22nd November 2010, 7:16 pm

CONGRATS!!!! Smile I too self bc'd and it took FOREVAH lol. I suppose it was a bit easier for me cuz I was cutting off color, not relaxed ends, but give yourself time. Small sections, don't rush.

SwirlyCurls90

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 22nd November 2010, 7:53 pm

your hair is beautiful!! in 6 days it will be a month since my BC and im just now figuring out how to keep my hair from looking dry; Lynnie kinda broke it down for some, but your hair is still "used to the relaxer". I recently discovered (today) actually lol that my hair doesn't really need to be shampoo'd as often as it needs to be COWASHED. . it seems like your hair is very coily so cowashing is going to be your best friend!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 23rd November 2010, 1:24 pm

You look so beautiful, so does your hair, it actually really suits your face and petite frame.
I would do it wet - i have a few relaxed ends left and they're far more visible when wet - if you can, just keep your scissors on hand and snip as you see bits!
Congratulations xxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 23rd November 2010, 2:21 pm

tweedledee wrote:I did it by myself and I am having a hard time getting all of these scraggly relaxed ends off. Every time that I think that I have cut them all, it seems like more pop up! Is there a method that I can use to get them all off or do I just sit here and snip for the next hour?

I also self BC'ed...
And had the same problem as u... I kept on seeing random straight strands...

But after I self BC'ed I had Hubby-2-be even up my hair... So don't worry, I am sure many of us had this problem :-)
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 23rd November 2010, 2:25 pm

Im thinking about doing BC myself, congratz

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next