CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

+19
Mimi
*CurlyNikki*
makeupvixen
techne
TruBeautyPrsprs
jamaicacurl
tiashaunteé
Dricka
countrychickd
naturalmommyGA
back2nap1120
dajewel
sweetdrk1
curly+kinky+fierce
Moni
brittany_smiley
Erica5417
oooop2
d.denise
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!! Empty You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

Post by d.denise 15th November 2009, 12:16 am

So here's the deal:

You didn't do ANYTHING to your hair last night...just slept on your satin pillowcase. One of your friends just called and said she is just leaving her house - on her way to pick YOU up! Why??? Well she just got invited to [insert "cant say no opportunity here": the Grammy's, intimate Maxwell concert, a dinner at the White House with Barack and Michelle, front row at Fashion week, etc.] and she chose YOU as her +1. (Lucky You!) But you haven't done anything to your hair!! So you have to get dressed, semi-do your makeup (you can do that in the car), AND do your hair by the time she gets to your house!

So....what's your go-to style??? The style you KNOW turns out right everytime and that only takes 15 or 20 minutes (if you already know what you're wearing lol)???? And if you don't have the go-to style yet, what would your ideal go-to style be??? remember, You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!!

*selfish post disclaimer: clearly I have been in this situation multiple times and I had no idea where to start lol. i just stood looking in the mirror for 10 of the 30 minutes and then just dunked my head in water and prayed lol. I need some creativity in my life so this is a somewhat selfish post - shoot me (but first leave your comments) :-)*
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

You only have THIRTY MINUTES!! Empty Re: You only have THIRTY MINUTES!!

Post by oooop2 15th November 2009, 12:28 am

I would wet my hair real fast. Add some leave in condish, my shea mix, and some gel. Pull hair up into a high bun and accent bun w/some flowers. That's definitely my to go style when my twistouts look a miss and I'm short on time.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th November 2009, 1:55 am

Co-wash with Suave Naturals Coconut. Condition with Ken Paves daily conditioner and follow up with Ken Paves Curl Balm, finish with a mix of Tui oil/coconut oil. That combination works perfectly every time and the hair gets bigger as it air dries. Hopefully it dries quickly so I don't get Maxwell too wet when I jump on stage and throw myself at him Smile
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 15th November 2009, 2:23 am

Lol dunk it n water add leave in small part in the middle 2 bobby pins on either side and call it a day cuz it curles nicely and as it air drys it gets bigger and curlier. *profile pic*
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?r4e80eddd&refi

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 15th November 2009, 3:00 am

Lightly coat my hands with coconut oil, undo the braids that are probably in my hair and rock a fly braidout! (also my profile pic)
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 15th November 2009, 3:16 am

Moni ugh I love ur hair. How'd u do that. Grr x/ (weird angry face)
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th November 2009, 3:44 am

What a great topic! lol! I would get that hair wet up and add some Herbal essence totally twisted & coconut oil..manipulate while wet and get my butt in the car! lol....hopefully i would be wearing a twist out so it would prob just be a curly fro!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 15th November 2009, 2:47 pm

Lol @ Erica! Blast the heat while you're in the car on your way lol.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 15th November 2009, 3:53 pm

brittany_pooh wrote:Moni ugh I love ur hair. How'd u do that. Grr x/ (weird angry face)

Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's a braidout, which is my signature warm weather style. I washed, conditioned and moisturized, then braided my hair into 8 braids, which I pulled up into a topknot to dry. A day or two later, once it's fully dry, I lightly coat my hands with coconut oil, then unbraid, seperating each braid just a little. Too much manipulation will reduce definition and encourage frizz. I leave it out for about a week, before starting over on the weekend. At night, I sleep with my hair completely out on a satin pillowcase. If I think I need more moisture at night, I'll add something light and water based like darcy botanical's peach kernel milk, rebraid, and seal with coconut oil. Otherwise, I just let it get bigger throughout the week. I always use Giovanni Direct as my leave in and seal with coconut oil. Sometimes I also add shea butter on the ends.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by brittany_smiley 15th November 2009, 4:25 pm

Moni does it get tangled or matted. How can I stop that if I try ur hair style
brittany_smiley
brittany_smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th November 2009, 4:41 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:What a great topic! lol! I would get that hair wet up and add some Herbal essence totally twisted & coconut oil..manipulate while wet and get my butt in the car! lol....hopefully i would be wearing a twist out so it would prob just be a curly fro!

If I haven't said it yet on one of these boards. I LOVE your hair!!! Your name is the perfect fit! Rock that!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 15th November 2009, 4:51 pm

i would do the style that its in my avator, but with fewer twists (6-8 on each side). in fact, i did that last night, and i was happy with the results!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 15th November 2009, 6:46 pm

brittany_pooh wrote:Moni does it get tangled or matted. How can I stop that if I try ur hair style

I find that if it's properly moisturized and sealed after washing, it doesn't get tangled nearly as quickly. I only use leave in conditioner, moisturizer, coconut oil (entire strand) and shea butter (on ends). I find that certain products, especially gels, tend to seal the strands together and that can increase tangles. If it starts to get tangled, moisturizing, sealing and rebraiding overnight makes a huge difference. Also, as I mentioned before, the less manipulation, the better.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th November 2009, 8:39 pm

@sweetdrk1 Thank You!!!!! Fromt the looks of it ur really wearing ur TWA! ...Dont u love the way it looks with turtle necks??!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 15th November 2009, 8:42 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Dont u love the way it looks with turtle necks??!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know! I've been rocking turtlenecks like crazy (even during some unseasonably warm weather, lol). Some cute earrings and a turtleneck and I am ready to go.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by back2nap1120 15th November 2009, 9:08 pm

Love this topic!!

Right now my signature style has got to be the puff so thats what I would go with. A little moiturizer, gel up the sides and im good to go in like 5-7 minute!! That way I have more time to perfect my makeup!!!
back2nap1120
back2nap1120

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 15th November 2009, 9:59 pm

Back2nap1120..I would do the same thing!! lol Whenever my hair does not do what I want it to do..I simply pull it up in a puff! Throw on some banging earrings and do my make up!! Confidence is key!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by countrychickd 15th November 2009, 11:04 pm

If my hair is a hot mess, I'd probably try a wash n go, well a cowash n' go, using VO5, and some Cantu Shea Butter Leave In with some coconut oil and Ecostyler. If my cowash n' go looks crazy...I'd throw a cute headband on and some earrings to make it look funky. I agree, with naturalmommyGA, confidence is key!
countrychickd
countrychickd

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 15th November 2009, 11:12 pm

so agree with naturalmommyGA! confidence will pull your entire outfit together and while you may not think your hair is looking its best, people will be so focused on your smile or your swag they won't even notice!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Dricka 15th November 2009, 11:15 pm

I would have to drive or take a taxi and be late cause ain't no way I can be Maxwell ready in 15 minutes! LOL!
Dricka
Dricka

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 15th November 2009, 11:17 pm

Easy!!!
This is me on the regular, LOL
I jump in the shower co-wash and pull my hair back in a smooth side swept pony. Once out the shower I twist a towel around the pony to soak up the extra water...Bam! ready to go. My hair is the easy part.....it's the outfit that takes me a long time, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 16th November 2009, 11:20 pm

Dricka wrote:I would have to drive or take a taxi and be late cause ain't no way I can be Maxwell ready in 15 minutes! LOL!

aaagghhhhh im dying over here! LMAO... "maxwell ready" thats my new standard for going out lol
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 16th November 2009, 11:35 pm

Oh crap! You made me realize that I don't have a go to style!!

I'd probably just wet my hair, scrunch in some condish and gel and....put some pins in the front and wear it like I always do...waaah! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I really need to figure out a style or a variety of styles quick because we will be taking family Christmas card pics soon....I can't be looking a mess!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TruBeautyPrsprs 18th November 2009, 1:22 am

This sounds like my early morning class routine, after I just finished typing a 10 page paper the night before. So I would:

Spritz with my aloe vera juice/water/glycerin mix and put it up in a faux-fro-hawk (sides pulled up with bobby pins and hair out in the back), dip my hands in coconut oil and fluff the free hair, put in an accessory, grab some huge earrings to set off the look and GOOOOOO!!! Aint no way Im missing the Grammy opening act! No way!!

TruBeautyPrsprs

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 18th November 2009, 11:19 am

Whatever I do, I would not SATURATE my hair with water, because I look like a drowned poodle with wet hair and towel drying is against my rules. I think if it were day 3-5 of twist out I would just wet my hands, put them over my hair a couple times and put a dab of condish of the day in it and go. This is a 5 minute style that stays on me. The day after I take out the set and second day no problem, just go and day 7 I would have to do a quick braid from the bottom of my hair to the front and call it a hawk, put on some punky clothes and rock out my inner grunge (in a glamorous well accessorized way of course)

This hair is day 2, fresh from the bedtime braids and fluffed a bit. so this is all good to go.. bring on the party! [img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

This hair is day 5 and I would have to give it the above mentioned treatment.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

I dunno if I even HAVE a picture of day 7 hair needless to say the ends are the only salvageable part in my opinion, thus the braided hawk.. Razz

Great Topic! Happy to post my first post here!
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next