CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair!

3 posters

Go down

Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair! Empty Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair!

Post by Cupcake415 19th November 2010, 6:59 pm

Hello Naturals n Curlies...

So I have seen a few people that do nice Roller n Rod sets in their NATURAL Hair...

I want to do a Roller/Rod set in my hair... Is it possible confused ? I mean, I know u can put rollers in your hair, but the sets that I have seen on people their curls look so smooth as IF they had a perm... But they say it's their NATURAL hair...

So do any of you have suggestions as to what products I should use for this? I am going to get the smallest roller/rods since I have a twa afro
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair! Empty Re: Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair!

Post by EMarie 19th November 2010, 7:52 pm

I've been messing with mine and different products....its definitely possible.

I still have to get the roots as straight as possible...and my head under the dryer all the way once the rollers are in...LOLOL

Good Luck!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair! Empty Re: Roller/Rod Set Style for Natural hair!

Post by Cupcake415 19th November 2010, 7:59 pm

@EMarie:

Either way, will I have to use a blow dryer or Head/Helmet dryer???

I was trying to avoid heat, if possible!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by EMarie 19th November 2010, 8:03 pm

I've heard of people doing it without heat....check YouTube. I definitely need heat to straighten my hair so I put a heat protectant on my hair!
EMarie
EMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by DivaDreamgirl 19th November 2010, 8:32 pm

Roller sets are my signature style! My hair is about 4 inches and I use the green magnetic rollers with the spikes. I use these because the rollers without them are too smooth and they won't catch the ends like I want them to. I never use a dryer. The rollers are well-vented so I can sleep on them and they are dry in the morning. I usually use kimmaytube leave-in and elasta qp wrap foam because it is alcohol-free. When I take them out in the morning I separate each curl into 3 or 4 with jojoba on my hands then pick out my roots and my hair is soft with fluffy curls!!

HTH!
DivaDreamgirl
DivaDreamgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 19th November 2010, 8:54 pm

DivaDreamgirl wrote:Roller sets are my signature style! My hair is about 4 inches and I use the green magnetic rollers with the spikes. I use these because the rollers without them are too smooth and they won't catch the ends like I want them to. I never use a dryer. The rollers are well-vented so I can sleep on them and they are dry in the morning. I usually use kimmaytube leave-in and elasta qp wrap foam because it is alcohol-free. When I take them out in the morning I separate each curl into 3 or 4 with jojoba on my hands then pick out my roots and my hair is soft with fluffy curls!!

HTH!
:

woot! GREAT, Becuz I really Don't plan on using heat! Thank Goodness!!!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down