CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Hair and Your Personal Style

+20
ktoliver5303
snappynappy
jamaicanmecurly
poeticlyspkng
Vee
Moni
goombagirl
NubieNatty
TheRYL1
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Lilith_Eve
ChrsLvsBks
Karyn
LadyMika
deeply_rooted_chick
Curly_Aquarius
lumii
jac.attack
JNelly
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Natural Hair and Your Personal Style Empty Natural Hair and Your Personal Style

Post by JNelly 18th April 2010, 3:23 pm

Hey Ladies,

Do you find that since you have been sporting your natural tresses that you have stepped up your style game? My style has been so boring and conservative, since I have been wearing my hair a bit more wild, I have found that I have been more creative with the way that I dress. I especially pull inspiration from natural hair blogs with funky fashionistas like moptop maven or adore daily. Has this occured with anyone else?
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair and Your Personal Style Empty Re: Natural Hair and Your Personal Style

Post by jac.attack 18th April 2010, 3:33 pm

I think now that my hair is natural I feel more confident dressing the way I've always wanted to. I guess I think it fits my casual "hippie/boho" style more since my hair is more effortless like my style. I have seen people I've gone to school with change their style since going natural. It's like you gain this sense of self and start taking chances and being who you really are. idk just my opinion.

jac.attack

Back to top Go down

Natural Hair and Your Personal Style Empty Re: Natural Hair and Your Personal Style

Post by lumii 18th April 2010, 4:10 pm

it just changed automatically.. I just don't feel like putting on certain things because they don't match my hair
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by JNelly 18th April 2010, 5:06 pm

I feel the same way Lumi.
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 18th April 2010, 5:26 pm

I tend to wear what pulls together with my hair therefore making a statement.
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 18th April 2010, 7:05 pm

I used to love wear jeans at all times of the year. Now that is getting warmer I'm a on sun dress graze! If it has a near tribal pattern, or a pattern of bright colors I got for it.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 18th April 2010, 7:53 pm

I know my hair has led me to buy more feminine clothing. I'm usually the tomboy with cargo pants or jeans (with ratty hems of course), beat up Converse or my trusty combat boots and a t-shirt. These days, I have more dresses and skirts in my closet. I also own A LOT of earrings now. Smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 18th April 2010, 9:03 pm

LadyMika wrote:I know my hair has led me to buy more feminine clothing. I'm usually the tomboy with cargo pants or jeans (with ratty hems of course), beat up Converse or my trusty combat boots and a t-shirt. These days, I have more dresses and skirts in my closet. I also own A LOT of earrings now. Smile

I am still this girl, but I agree that when I wear my hair out I tend to dress more feminine (I've already bought a skirt AND two dresses Very Happy). It's crazy.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th April 2010, 9:45 pm

Yes, I actually accessorize a bit more. Today, in fact, I picked up a few belts. I want to get some bold necklaces and bracelets to take my style to the next level.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 19th April 2010, 7:18 pm

Actually I started dressing more feminine last year before I had made my mind up to go natural. Before that it was usually jeans and a t-shirt. Now that I am natural, I seriously want to go shopping for more dresses and skirts and some awesome wedges (however I'm holding back because I really want to lose some weight or inches first).
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 9:58 pm

I have also taking a liking to bangles and more earring necklace sets, I can spend like 30 upward on jewelry it is crazy!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by JNelly 19th April 2010, 11:00 pm

I love accessories too Curly Aquarius, lately I have been into scarves a lot. Its a serious addiction and I need help lol .
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th April 2010, 11:02 pm

Yes I agree it forced me to take my glam factor up a notch!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th April 2010, 11:09 pm

lumii wrote:it just changed automatically.. I just don't feel like putting on certain things because they don't match my hair

I agree! I feel the same way.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 11:11 pm

JNelly wrote:I love accessories too Curly Aquarius, lately I have been into scarves a lot. Its a serious addiction and I need help lol .
I need help too girl don't feel bad!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th April 2010, 2:20 am

Yes, I've found myself buying more "frilly" blouses, in addition to bigger earrings.

And I'm finding mascara is becoming a staple! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by JNelly 20th April 2010, 2:24 am

For some reason I have been really into blush and bronzer. I've been stepping up my make-up game too !
JNelly
JNelly

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th April 2010, 8:10 am

mine INSTANTLY boosted from the very beginning. i feel so reborn. my style is more accessorized but my shoe game has NOT changed, lol...i now moreso shop in supporting black owned cuz this secret society of natural hair has afforded me to meet so many people. i love it. sometimes i venture out and dress really funky; i.e. wearing mixed prints [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . its fun n funky to look different and putting together an outfit to make me stand out...added with whats goin on wit the top of my head is just the cherry on the top! im such a masterpiece!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 20th April 2010, 10:30 am

NubieNatty wrote:mine INSTANTLY boosted from the very beginning. i feel so reborn. my style is more accessorized but my shoe game has NOT changed, lol...i now moreso shop in supporting black owned cuz this secret society of natural hair has afforded me to meet so many people. i love it. sometimes i venture out and dress really funky; i.e. wearing mixed prints [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . its fun n funky to look different and putting together an outfit to make me stand out...added with whats goin on wit the top of my head is just the cherry on the top! im such a masterpiece!!!

Are there any black owned stores in the PG area? I'm local to you. Thx.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 20th April 2010, 2:41 pm

I think my style has naturally evolved. I've always been fairly girly, but for the past year I've been wearing skirts and dresses almost all the time. I can't remember the last time I wore my jeans. I've been natural for two years, so this has more to do with discovering that I can still wear dresses in the winter than going natural! Also, it doesn't hurt that I have even more confidence to do me, regardless of what other people think. The result: I get compliments on my hair and outfits all the time!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 20th April 2010, 4:59 pm

Yes my style has become more creative. I think I am inspired by all the hair and fashion blogs I have been reading. I love it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th April 2010, 9:36 pm

I think I have been inclined to add more accessories and for some reason i've been wanting to play up my eyes more. I need everything to be up to par with my hair, versus the other way around. When I had a relaxer, I felt if my hair wasn't on point, it voided my entire look but now the outfit and accessories have got to be right for Thelma!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 20th April 2010, 11:20 pm

My jewelry and makeup changed almost instantly... I put much more effort into both. I don't feel like my clothing/style has changed yet... except I haven't left the house in the house sweats since going natural but I rarely did that before. But I love my newfound interest in big earrings and jewelry and makeup! I'm just trying to not go crazy with all the money spending!
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 21st April 2010, 1:15 am

And I just went today and bought me a makeup set and more products, well in my defense it was 8.99 regular 30.00 so I guess I can skate this time. Now I am gunnin for some gladiator sandles or wedges with a cute sun dress and bolero....I am soooo sad, I needa quit ALL IN THE NAME OF NATURAL!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 21st April 2010, 2:01 am

It hasnt changed.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next