CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graduation Hairstyle

3 posters

Go down

Graduation Hairstyle Empty Graduation Hairstyle

Post by Sakura 17th November 2010, 8:46 pm

So my college graduation is a little under a month away ( psychology major Spanish minor)and I have no idea what to do with my hair.

I was thinking a twist out. But I have no idea if it will fit under the cap. My family wants me to straighten my hair, but honestly I don't want to. Its been one year since I've straightened my hair and I have no desire to see it straight in the near future. So that's out- sorry family.

But how in the world am i going to get that silly too small for straight hair cap to fit? Shocked I tried a bun a few days ago but that didn't work either. Granted it was a stretched style from a 5 day old twist out..

Does anyone have any ideas on hairstyles I could do?
Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Graduation Hairstyle Empty Re: Graduation Hairstyle

Post by misscece 17th November 2010, 9:54 pm

First things first, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now for your hair, my bestie cut the back of her cap so she could put the cap on. She then pin the back flaps down (I hope this makes sense). She wore a braid out and fluffed it so there wasn't a lot of definition. This gave the illusion that the cap wasn't cut. If you were very close you could tell, but from far away and in pictures no one knew. Now she is very very crafty so I don't recommend this if you're not.

Sorry I'm not much help but if I think of a hairstyle I will come back on. Good luck!
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by misscece 17th November 2010, 9:57 pm

misscece wrote:First things first, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Now for your hair, my bestie cut the back of her cap so she could put the cap on. She then pin the back flaps down (I hope this makes sense). She wore a braid out and fluffed it so there wasn't a lot of definition. This gave the illusion that the cap wasn't cut. If you were very close you could tell, but from far away and in pictures no one knew. Now she is very very crafty so I don't recommend this if you're not.

Sorry I'm not much help but if I think of a hairstyle I will come back on. Good luck!

Not saying that you couldn't attempt to be crafty but I just know myself and probably would opt for some other suggestions Smile
misscece
misscece

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 17th November 2010, 10:00 pm

I graduated in May and I did a flat twist out. I blew out my hair so that it was stretched and I wouldn't have such a hard time putting the cap on. It came out nice, even after the ceremony (and that's with taking the cap off and putting it on several times, and a HOT AS HADES ceremony room- you'll probably do better as your ceremony is in December). Just make sure to use a product with some hold. I used setting lotion but gel may have held up a bit better.

HTH!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura 18th November 2010, 10:06 am

I have never heard of anyone altering their cap before.. I'm not sure that I'm crafty enough for that.

I might have to experiment with the last twist out thing some next week.

As for hold I normally do my twists outs with IC fantasia gel over the Kimmaytube leave in. Though I'm almost out of that gel and might try the ecostyler one. Or maybe I will search the product forum for nice hold ideas.
Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down