CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look?

+6
naturalfabulosity
Mrs.ATLien
so1913
ydr
lena73
yokiedokie
10 posters

Go down

KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look? Empty KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look?

Post by yokiedokie 27th November 2009, 11:32 pm

I bought KCCC for the first time about a month ago and so far I'm diggin the results but I haven't perfected my formula yet. I've used it with KCKT, but I find that KT doesn't give me enough moisture. So when I refreshed the style a few days later, I added Qhemet AOHC, and my hair was much more moisturized and still defined. This week I will try a different combo.

I'm curious to know what others products work well with KCCC. What are your combinations?
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

https://www.facebook.com/ystrachan

Back to top Go down

KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look? Empty Re: KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look?

Post by lena73 28th November 2009, 1:18 am

i saw kimmaytube on youtube wear it to bed...with that plastic jerri cap...it was stay moistrized.
i never really thought it about it that way. i used to wear it to bed with a bonnet and it will dry out and i would spray it in the morning ala mahogany curls.
so now i would try using the cap next time.
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look? Empty Re: KCCC: what do you combine with it to achieve your perfect look?

Post by ydr 28th November 2009, 9:01 pm

i used hello hydration (combed it through and left it in) then i applied kccc while my hair was dripping wet. that was the only conditioner i used with kccc. this gave me really curly, wavy hair. also, i had shrinkage but that isnt something that bothers me.

ydr

Back to top Go down

Post by yokiedokie 29th November 2009, 1:31 am

I think I will try it over Aussie Moist and see how that goes. The AM makes my hair feel great after I wash.
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 29th November 2009, 9:58 pm

I'm in the same boat as you...I can see the potential with KCCC just have to find that "perfect" leave in under it. So far I've had decent results using BBD Stretch and the KCNT under it. The BBD Stretch provided more moisture than the KCNT and although the ingredients aren't listed, I don't believe it has oil in it based on the product description, so no adverse reactions with the KCCC. Still searching to perfect using this product with good "consistent" results....

ETA: I'm currently sitting under the dryer (almost fully dry, didn't take long like other products!) with KCCC and KCNT combo, still testing out ratios and application methods. I'm actually REALLY liking the results this time around using these products together. I applied a good amount of the KCNT to saturate my hair and combed through while in the shower making sure I coated my crown area where it's less defined and proned to frizz. Then I added SMALL amounds of KCCC, probably about a dime or knickle size to each half of my hair. Again, combed through while in the shower to evenly distribute. I did final finger styling to position my hair how I wanted to dry. The hair at my temple is extremely thick and kinky, a totally different texture than the other two totally different textures in my hair, so i added a little more of the KCNT and KCCC to those sections to define.

Right now my hair has NO frizz...is soft for the most part (a little more hold at the crown where I concentrated more product, but not "crunchy") and doesn't have that jherri curl look that's easy to get with KCCC. So the key for me is looking like more leave in conditioner, less KCCC.
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 1st December 2009, 1:06 am

I also feel that the KCCC by itself is not moisturizing enough for me.. . So what I do is leave a little of the Aussie moist conditioner in my hair then I proceed to use Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (Spring and Summer) or Carol's Daughter Some of Maguerite's Hair Magic (Fall and Winter) on my hair and seal it with the Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner, then I rewet my hair and apply KCCC to dripping wet hair. . .even though this is a lot [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , it leaves my hair well moisturized till day 3 or 4. On day 3 or 4, I will either apply Carol's Daughter Healty Hair Butter or unrefined shea butter and this is normally enough for me. . .
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by yokiedokie 1st December 2009, 1:27 am

so1913 wrote:
Right now my hair has NO frizz...is soft for the most part (a little more hold at the crown where I concentrated more product, but not "crunchy") and doesn't have that jherri curl look that's easy to get with KCCC. So the key for me is looking like more leave in conditioner, less KCCC.

So1913: Let me know how the style holds up after a few days.

Mrs.ATLien: I am thinking about going this route too, i.e. mixing a more moisturizing leave in with KCKT, sealing with a butter/moisturizer and then applying KCCC.

Thanks for the tips ladies.
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

Back to top Go down

Post by so1913 1st December 2009, 11:57 am

yokiedokie wrote:
so1913 wrote:

So1913: Let me know how the style holds up after a few days.

Mrs.ATLien: I am thinking about going this route too, i.e. mixing a more moisturizing leave in with KCKT, sealing with a butter/moisturizer and then applying KCCC.

Thanks for the tips ladies.

Not to well :/ I think I'm going to throw in the towel LOL. It looked good right after I did it, but not enough hold to get me overnight.

Back to Ecostyler for now...I did use the Knot Today underneath that for the first time, much better results than with the KCCC...I just don't like the protein factor Sad
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalfabulosity 1st December 2009, 3:49 pm

I love HE None of your friziness Leave in under the KCCC when doing a twist n curl also I seal with Jane carter nourish and shine...works for me so far...
naturalfabulosity
naturalfabulosity

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybranch 1st December 2009, 11:52 pm

I've had good results with KBB super silky/ hair milk, but my hair only lasted 3 days. I usually get 5 days with KCKT....ordered some Curl Junkie leave in ...going to give it a try

curlybranch

Back to top Go down

Post by pandzz 29th December 2009, 8:07 pm

1 giovanni direct leave in
2 KCCC
3 finishing sheen of your choice

for 2nd day hair i squirt a little curls quenched curls moisturizer and use a light oil sheen pump spray (fantasia IC)
pandzz
pandzz

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 29th December 2009, 11:38 pm

I use my own leave-in of glycerin and aloe under the KCCC and my curls are soft and well defined. I'm on day 3 Wink
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th December 2009, 1:01 am

Also, I use my own spritz that has distilled water garlic water and a mix of various oils when and if I need to refresh my curls.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracee214 31st December 2009, 6:29 pm

I love Kinky Curly products! I always use the KCKT under the KCCC. I rarely even use the KCCC anymore. If you want to preserve your hair for the next few days, usually I just re-wet my hair not saturate it w/water. But just run my wet fingers through and the curls pop right back up. I also use Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir to cut down on the frizzies. I can usually keep my W-n-G for at least a week and a half and I don't tied my hair up at all. I do however sleep on a satin pillowcase.
Tracee214
Tracee214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down