CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes hair problems = health problems

4 posters

Go down

Sometimes hair problems = health problems Empty Sometimes hair problems = health problems

Post by naturallynola 14th November 2010, 11:13 am

Traditionally, western societies look at hair for its outward beauty and not signs of what is going on internally. If you experience hair dullness, inordinate hair breakage, hair fall, and balding, check your products and methods and if all seems to be in order, check with your medical provider. This link will tell you why medical evaluation is a good idea.

http://health.yahoo.net/caring/8-things-your-hair-says-about-your-health

The post is from Yahoo, but the information is valid.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Sometimes hair problems = health problems Empty Re: Sometimes hair problems = health problems

Post by Madeaj 14th November 2010, 12:41 pm

I read that article. Its very interesting and explained a few things I suspected but didn't know for sure. Thanks for posting.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Sometimes hair problems = health problems Empty Re: Sometimes hair problems = health problems

Post by jenerett 17th November 2010, 7:46 pm

True, I have incredibly thick hair and two years ago I started having thinnning and my nails were splitting. The thinning of my hair wasn't noticable to other peopl because I have so much hair but I knew it was happenin. Months down the line I started getting very fatigued. Long story short, vitamin deficiency anemia. The doctor put me on iron pills and with a week or two, I felt brand new. My nails took 6+ months to rebound from that though.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 17th November 2010, 8:29 pm

Yes, the condition of hair, skin, and nails are def clues. Jenerett, I am glad you found out what your deficiency was. Many other cultures in other countries are definitely more advanced than we are in this regard.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 18th November 2010, 12:13 am

thanx naturalnolagirl, that was interesting. looks like i'll be buying fish when i go grocery shopping soon

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down