CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen in need of styling advice

+3
Mz. CiCi
krissyc39
oyindaaluko
7 posters

Go down

Teen in need of styling advice Empty Teen in need of styling advice

Post by oyindaaluko 16th July 2010, 2:25 pm

i really need adive on how to protect my hair because its breaking apart. i know it's because i do not know how to style my hair at all. i can barely twist my hair let alone braid it. and im getting traction alopecia from apparently pulling too hard. does anyone else share my problem???!!!!

oyindaaluko

Back to top Go down

Teen in need of styling advice Empty Re: Teen in need of styling advice

Post by krissyc39 16th July 2010, 5:03 pm

You sound like you need some intense deep conditioning treatments. Look into henna, it's really strengthened my hair and gave it a really sexy red sheen.

What's your regimen? Chances are you're using products that are damaging your hair

Check Styling and Profiling for cute, protective updo styles
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 19th July 2010, 12:21 pm

Two strand twists are my staple. I <3 em and they don't have to look perfect. Do more deep conditioning treatments and baby your hair.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 22nd July 2010, 8:59 pm

Well first I would visit a salon to see a professional's Point of View of what you need to do. I've been doing my hair since the 2nd grade and I've learned a lot about hair care,etc. You definitely need to research about your hair type and this forum will definitely help you out. What I would advise you to do is to keep your hair moisturized. I do Protein Treatments for my hair to strengthen it and I also Deep Condition it. I alternate between protein treatments and DCing every other week. I CoWash my hair once a week or whenever I feel like it. So I would advise you to visit a salon for professional help and care.
NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 24th July 2010, 11:39 am

cornrows are always good you can rock hose for a while then rock the braid-out when your ready , for another while . flat twist outs and twist outs too
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 24th July 2010, 7:30 pm

First, I agree with the ThaQueen you definitely should get a professional's opinion first whether it's a doctor to define the hair loss or a beautician but that should be your 1st step. Secondly, try not to much so much stress on your roots. With that said, cornrows or flat twists are the last thing you want to do. They will put stress on your roots causing tension. Now I don't know how to solve your breakage problem which is why i agree with getting a professional's opinion. But heed their advice and only use low manipulation on your hair (no tight ponytails, buns, etc.) Loose twists could be fine and definitely moisturize/deep condition like Krissy said.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by vcoutureex3 25th July 2010, 6:46 pm

I'm getting ready to go back to school, by buying new clothes and trying out new hairstyles, but i'm mostly stuck doing twist because i don't want my hair to break. i've decided to buy peppermint oil to help my hair grow long and strong.
What hairstyles i can do that won't break my hair, and will be easy to do during the school year?
vcoutureex3
vcoutureex3

http://vcouturex3@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zinny 4a kinks 25th July 2010, 10:44 pm

@vcouturee = i think you would like chunky twist outs theyre quick to do at night and i love how they look on my hair - and sometimes you can do a small but not too small twist out and wear it for a whole week - there are many youtube videos on how to preserve it that seem to work .. btw your hair looks gorgeous ! and it looks perfect for a fro hawk , when i started wearin my fro hawk everyone in school loved it i think its funky , young and perfect for people our age Teen in need of styling advice Icon_biggrin + its easy

also , one time i braided my own hair in box braids - i didnt blow it out b.c the heat is unnecessary and all it does is make it longer .. and i didnt do them tooo tiny either just small enough . and i wore it with a stretchy headband and i added a flower clip on the side of the headband . i wore it for one week - i think i couldve gone longer but i missed my hair lol

and is the peppermint oil good ??

Ezinne Smile
zinny 4a kinks
zinny 4a kinks

http://twitter.com/C_Ezinne_O

Back to top Go down

Post by vcoutureex3 27th July 2010, 1:30 am

I hear the peppermint oil is great for those who are trying to strengthen their hair, and trying to grow it out like me.
i was thinking about doing chunky twist outs but i wasn't sure if my hair could take it, i really don't want it to break, i'm trying to prepare it for henna Smile. Also do you know how i could define my curls more?
But i'm trying to get people on my forum, so here it is: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/peppermint-oil-anyone-t5366.htm

vcoutureex3
vcoutureex3

http://vcouturex3@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NFW_THA_QUEEN13 3rd August 2010, 12:30 am

[color=black]Well now is the time for you to start taking care of your hair.d]Tha_Queen's Tips:
[b]*Avoid products with Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Petrolatum as an ingredient because they can clod you pores leading to breakage.
*Deep Condition Hair at once a week or every other week.
*Do Hot Oil Treatments to keep hair moisturized.
***REMEMBER:moisture is the key to healthy hair
*Only Detangle hair while it's conditioned.
*Do a protein treatment 2x a month to strengthen hair.
*When styling hair, be sure to seal the ends with oil or shea butter.
*Avoid heat for as long as you can.
*Take hair vitamins
*Watch YouTube videos and practice and you'll be a PRO before you know it. Just as long as you do the things above and keep your hair in a ponytail you'll
be fine! Hair grows longer if you keep it simple.

NFW_THA_QUEEN13
NFW_THA_QUEEN13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down