CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

need help deciding on a new styling product

+5
Renny
kbelle
Me-n-mykurls
rayray19
curlista
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

need help deciding on a new styling product Empty need help deciding on a new styling product

Post by curlista 5th November 2010, 12:18 am

I want something very moisturizing that can last a few days. Most of my styling products only last a day or two for moisture. Also I want it by multi-functional, i.e. for twists, braids, wash n gos. I can't decide between these 3:

http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Qs-Curly-Q-Custard-p-893.html

http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AOHC

http://oriorganics.com/oricustbu.html

curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

need help deciding on a new styling product Empty Re: need help deciding on a new styling product

Post by rayray19 5th November 2010, 2:26 am

well im a qhemet AOHC cream lover!! so i would say go with that one..its a GREAT moisturizer..i did my twist out with it Wednesday and my hair is still soft!! a little goes a long way..my hair soaks it up and i never have that greasy feeling
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

need help deciding on a new styling product Empty Re: need help deciding on a new styling product

Post by curlista 5th November 2010, 3:10 am

I keep hearing good things about so that might have to be my next purchase lol. Thanks for your input! Smile
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Me-n-mykurls 5th November 2010, 5:08 am

i just recently bought the sample size of bee mine curly butter....IT WORKS whenever i do a twist out or braid outs it last for a day by day two its a HOT MESS....This is the only product that i tried that gives me great hold soft hair that is moisturized!

Me-n-mykurls

Back to top Go down

Post by kbelle 5th November 2010, 10:01 am

1. Qhemets AOHC - is the shztz! Soft, moisturized hair for days!
2. And Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer (and I use that underneath the Bee Mine Curly Butter) for twists/twist outs. Gives great definition, no frizz.
kbelle
kbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 5th November 2010, 6:52 pm

@Me-n-mykurls @kbelle i had considered buying bee mine as well but i wasn't sure because of the word "butter". My hair doesn't love a lot of oil and can feel greasy after a day or two if i put too much. So i wasn't sure about the bee mine curly butter.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 5th November 2010, 7:32 pm

One styling product for it all. I'm experiementing with Curls Whipped Cream right now and moving on to the Curl Souffle soon. I haven't used any of the products you're thinking about, but I thought I'd stop by and say "That looks like my hair in the AVI!"

Good luck finding something. Please check out my review in Products for the Curls Whipped Cream for a WNG and soon Curly Nikki will be posting a review she used it in her hair for twist.

Last edited by Renny on 5th November 2010, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More to say)
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 5th November 2010, 10:52 pm

Thanks Renny, I've heard a few opinions on the curls souffle in comparison to curls whipped cream. i've heard there pretty similar and the souffle is just cheaper. Oh yea, so how'd the Darcy's Botanical work out for u?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th November 2010, 1:06 am

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th November 2010, 1:22 am

Curlista,

I love the Darcy's Deep Conditioner. I wrote a review the other day. I also really like the Cherry Kernal butter for moisturizing my ends and scalp. That's all I've used so far. I have the vanilla madagascar styling butter, but I haven't tried it yet. It looks way to heavy for my hair. I'll have to see. Maybe for some twist since I'm trying to protective style a couple of times a month.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th November 2010, 1:26 am

Oh ok, yea i used the styling butter mostly for twists, it gives good hold. I'm not loving the Shea Moisture smoothie right now, that's why I'm looking for something. I don't know why but when I put it on my hair feels dry/stringy but dries somewhat moisturized but not much. *shrug*
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 6th November 2010, 11:39 am

Oh, Curlista - Did we do the swap? I forgot. I really liked the Shea moisture, but I had frizz and it got dry by day three. Since using it I had discovered I had that reaction to all things shea butter. That's why I wasn't using it. I'm going to pick up some Elasta QP Mango and Olive Oil Butter today. It's been on my list for awhile.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th November 2010, 3:19 pm

Yea we did lol and yea i don't know why it's not working for me, oh well. Maybe one of these products will work for me.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th November 2010, 5:04 pm

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 6th November 2010, 6:33 pm

BUMP
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 7th November 2010, 1:29 pm

Curlista, I just bought the Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream b/c I heard such good things about it. I purchased it to moisturize though, not to use as a styler. I used it for the first time last night with Oyin Shine and Define as the styler. I haven't taken my hair down yet today so I don't know if I like it yet, but last night when I was braiding my hair it felt amazing.

I also use the Bee Mine Luscious Balance Moisturizer and The Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter with great results. I do not find it to really be a "butter" per se. It is definitely more of a loose cream to me and is not heavy at all.
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 7th November 2010, 3:36 pm

Ok, thanks PrincessRN for your input Smile Let me know how the Qhemet works for you. And which would you say you like better the Bee Mine moisturizer or the butter?
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 7th November 2010, 5:31 pm

I just used the shea moisture smoothie (a very small amount per section) along with the shea moisture shine and hold spray for a twistout. It came out very defined last night (and very shiny) but only time will tell how it holds up. I feel like the spray is a little miracle in a bottle! :-)

SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 7th November 2010, 6:16 pm

SummerSkye: I recently did a swap for the shea moisture smoothie and for some reason my hair doesn't like it...i don't know why. It makes my hair feel straw-like going on and doesn't give much moisture after my hair dries : scratch
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 7th November 2010, 6:25 pm

Alot of the products people here are very moisturizing, but in my experience don't have much hold. Ex. Qhemet AOHC would be great for twists but not a wng. Is that what you were looking for? I like the Curl Soufle from the Original Fragrance Shop. It's multi-functional and moisturizing.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 7th November 2010, 7:37 pm

Juices-n-Berries: I want something moisturizing with a little hold. I don't like my hair crunchy but I like a little hold otherwise my hair will frizz and won't last long. If it doesn't have hold, I'm not opposed to using a gel on top if I have to though.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 7th November 2010, 8:13 pm

Renny...let me/us know how you like the QP....I haven't used it for my braid outs yet....but i love it for my ends (they have been so moisturized) and my edges. I've been in a bunning challenge, so I'd love to know you're result. I think we have pretty similar hair (fine and not in love with shea butter). Also is your review of the DC posted on this site?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 7th November 2010, 9:22 pm

I'll let you know. I agree, we could be hair twins. Here's a link for my review.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/products-f4/darcy-s-botanicals-deep-conditioning-mask-my-review-t7222.htm
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRN 7th November 2010, 10:43 pm

curlista wrote:Ok, thanks PrincessRN for your input Smile Let me know how the Qhemet works for you. And which would you say you like better the Bee Mine moisturizer or the butter?

I think I would have to say that I like the Bee Mine Moisturizer better than the butter because the moisturizer gave me amazing moisture, it smells fantastic, and was not heavy or greasy at all. My hair stayed moisturized all day. I have started using the moisturizer and the curly butter together as a moisturizing/styler combo (moisturizer first, then butter on top) and the results have been great. I think this combo is definitely a winner for me as I have been fighting dry hair for a loooong time and could not find anything that worked.

As for the Qhemet Amla & Olive cream, I am still uncertain about it. When I took my hair down today, I loooooved that I had very little shrinkage, but my hair was definitely not as moisturized as I expected, in fact it felt a little dry with not great definition and some frizz. This may be my fault however because I used very little product last night. I tend to be heavy handed and because it is a "heavy" cream and other reviews said a little goes a long way I was afraid to over do it and end up with greasy hair so I really think I may have not used enough. I am giving it another try tonight. I was a lot heavier handed and we'll see how it comes out tomorrow.

Aaaaah, this natural hair thing...it's all trial and error afro
PrincessRN
PrincessRN

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 8th November 2010, 12:15 am

PrincessRN: Yea I completely agree with the 'trial and error' comment, ughh it's so confusing. I'm also a college student so budget is important and I can't keep spending lol. Bee Mine is a little pricier than Qhemet so i don't know if I'll purchase it right now. Maybe later when I'm not so tight with my budget.
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next