CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Styling Product

+2
LaToya28
Rosy_Hair
6 posters

Go down

Styling Product Empty Styling Product

Post by Rosy_Hair 16th April 2010, 12:56 am

Okay ladies, So I'm a new natural and rocking my twa. I'm also a product junkie who has had multiple interventions. But even with my pj-ism I don't have any products for when I do my styles. I was going to get kccc, but I read that it doesn't work well with other products and right now I'm using my hehh and Aubrey organics conditioner( well I just got the Aubrey today so i will be using soon). Plus I have my cocunut oil, raw shea butter, and caster oil that i use pretty daily. So i don't want to get kccc if its not gonna work well with my other stuff.

Also Ive just started breaking out on my face [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and i dont know which product it is. But I have very good skin and i know its something I'm using for my hair. But I have no idea what because I use so much different stuff. Thats another reason my pj-ism has to cease. I think its either my raw shea butter or caster oil. I dont think its my coconut oil, but you never know. If you have any ideas on this let me know. I think I might stop with the oils for a while to see if my face clears and then bring them back one by one..idk

But please let me know of a styling product I can use. I do a lot of twist-outs, so I need it.
Rosy_Hair
Rosy_Hair

Back to top Go down

Styling Product Empty Re: Styling Product

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 8:31 am

Congrats on your bc! I'm a fairly new natural myself and I went out and bought KCCC only to have it not work for me. Of course it does work for a lot of people, but I would go with a cheaper alternative before splurging on KCCC. A lot of ladies love Ecostyler gels especially the olive oil one and you can usually get the 32oz for $2.99 when Sally's has a sale. I also like Long Aid activator gel which runs about $5-$6 at Walgreens and WalMart.

Do you think you might be using too much of the oils? I ask because after cowashing yesterday I use way too much of my shea butter mix. I didn't put any lotion on my face, but somehow it ended up greasy as heck...and I have dry skin! lol So you may want to use less or only use them every other day or so.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosy_Hair 16th April 2010, 1:10 pm

Latoya, u are right! I think im using too much to. So im def going to cut back.And I actually have some ecostyler gel that i havent used yet...bur maybe its time to crack that open. Lol.. But i still want a cream base styler.. But like u said a lot of people have said the kccc didnt work for them. And i would hate to spend that type of money and end up no liking it.
Rosy_Hair
Rosy_Hair

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 16th April 2010, 2:28 pm

curly_strands wrote:... But i still want a cream base styler.. But like u said a lot of people have said the kccc didnt work for them. And i would hate to spend that type of money and end up no liking it.

KCCC is water-based, so if you are looking for a cream styler, it may not be what you'd like ... hth
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by cassadie3 16th April 2010, 3:29 pm

Komaza Califia Pudding is a cream based styler...

I agree that. Eco Styler and KCCC are very very similar. But while I get less shrinkage with the EcoStyler, I prefer KCCC because its ingredients are all natural. The thing is with the KCCC is that a little REALLY goes a long way. I use it for a WnG once a week and it lasts all week long. I've had the same jar for months now...and still have about 1/2 left!
cassadie3
cassadie3

http://naturalselectionblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 16th April 2010, 5:27 pm

I dont use my KCCC at all....I really think it's for those who have a softer finer hair texture and a longer length especially not for a TWA....it causes major shrinkage! I don't really like Ecostyler either...I have a huge tub of it that I am about to throw away...it leaves lil brown flecks in my hair..disgusting!

I use either S-curl activator gel or Care Free Curl activator for my for my wash-n-gos. If I do a twist-out, I twist the hair dry first, then use my spray mix to dampen my hair, rub Qhemet Biologics Honey Balm on my palms and massage each twist, and wrap them with a silk scarf over night.

My skin broke out something horrible too bc I was using way too many oils in my spray mix and they would drip down the sides of my face and my foehead...now I only use one or two oils in my bottle...
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 16th April 2010, 6:02 pm

Hey Curly_Strands I use Kinky Curly and my hair loves it! This is definitely my go-to product and I have a twa! I have to agree that it doesn't play nice with other products and you get serious shrinkage but since I have a twa I don't mind.

What I learned about Kccc (K triple C is what I'm going to start calling it) is that it is part of a system and the products are designed to work together, so by saying that, you can use them separately but the results suck and I think that's where a lot of people go wrong; that and the fact that a tighter curl pattern your hair has to be soaking wet when applying the products.

But I think you get what you pay for when searching for a product. I tried looking for alternatives to K triple c but no luck for my hair! I recently used Fantasia IC (the clear one) and I get the definition but not so much the shine that I have with the K triple C.

But I don't understand why some people complain about the price of K triple C when most people are PJ's and spend all of that and then some on products that may or may not work for them. Sorry Pj's; I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosy_Hair 16th April 2010, 7:49 pm

thank you sooo much ladies!!! all of your answers have help. I did go and buy the kccc from whole foods.. but I made sure its returnable! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So Im going to try it and see what happends.. but u better believe that if I dont like it, I'm taking this baby back! lol

and as far as my skin Poundcake921 I think u hit it on the knob because when i spray my oil mixture it drips on my face too and that's probably what it is. So I'm going to be more cautious now.. and not use as much.

Oh has anyone ever tried the kccc with a twist-out??
Rosy_Hair
Rosy_Hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down