CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product?

+2
Niqui36
Cupcake415
6 posters

Go down

Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product? Empty Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product?

Post by Cupcake415 4th November 2010, 3:36 pm

Hey Naturals/Curlies,

I have been using "Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in" for the past 2 months. So far it works for ME Very Happy

The first 2 jars I have bought were from a Beauty Supply store...
The 3rd jar I purchased was from Wal-Mart... Rolling Eyes Why NOT? It's the same product right?

Well, one night I washed my hair, got it ready for my Cantu... I open the jar and tell my why is this product: Suspect Watery and jiggly like pudding??? Mind you, this is the Wal-Mart jar!

I just figured maybe they changed something, idk... I decided to use it for a week, and it:
Crying or Very sad
-was NOT moisturizing
-made my hair white
-just wasn't the same

So I compaired it to the remainder of the previous jar I purchased...

Previous Jar: Stiff like butter... Wal-Mart Jar: Watery and jiggly...

I hope that I just purchased a bad batch... I hate when the decide to start messing with products that are perfectly fine... Embarassed

Has anyone experienced this???
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product? Empty Re: Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product?

Post by Niqui36 4th November 2010, 4:43 pm

I tried the Cantu from Walmart some months ago and I did not like it! It was my first time trying it and I purchased it because of all the rave reviews on it. But it was very watery and jiggly and did nothing for my hair.....HATED IT! I just thought that's the way it is. It never occurred to me that it could be different if I purchased it from a BSS.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product? Empty Re: Are you sure you are purchasing the SAME product?

Post by BajanPrincess82 4th November 2010, 4:43 pm

Were the ingredients the same? This has happened to me before (don't remember what the product was), but it had a formula change that I wasn't aware of when I purchased the newer one.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 4th November 2010, 5:46 pm

Maybe the one from the bss had been sitting for a while because I got mine from WalMart as well and it is like pudding.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 4th November 2010, 6:07 pm

Niqui36 wrote:I tried the Cantu from Walmart some months ago and I did not like it! It was my first time trying it and I purchased it because of all the rave reviews on it. But it was very watery and jiggly and did nothing for my hair.....HATED IT! I just thought that's the way it is. It never occurred to me that it could be different if I purchased it from a BSS.

Hmmm, yeah maybe u can try a jar from the BSS...
I wonder if it's just Wal-Mart's that are different, but why would it be that way? Weird huh!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 4th November 2010, 6:09 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Maybe the one from the bss had been sitting for a while because I got mine from WalMart as well and it is like pudding.

Well, I don't know how long they were sitting if they were. But the 2 jars (didn't purchase them at the same time), both worked fine on my hair....

The one from Wal-Mart dried my hair out, and made if white and flakey!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 4th November 2010, 6:10 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Were the ingredients the same? This has happened to me before (don't remember what the product was), but it had a formula change that I wasn't aware of when I purchased the newer one.

It's funny you asked because that is the first thing that I looked at... It all seemed the same study
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 4th November 2010, 8:07 pm

Cupcake-I have a full unused jar never used that I purchased last week from a beauty supply store. I lost the receipt and cannot return it and chickened out on using it for I sticking to the CG method. If you are interested in swapping products please let me know!
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 5th November 2010, 5:51 pm

Cupcake415 wrote:
LaToya28 wrote:Maybe the one from the bss had been sitting for a while because I got mine from WalMart as well and it is like pudding.

Well, I don't know how long they were sitting if they were. But the 2 jars (didn't purchase them at the same time), both worked fine on my hair....

I went to Target today and opened one of the jars of Cantu Leave-in and it was looked solid and creamy just like you described, so maybe it is just the ones from WalMart that are all jacked up lol. You should return it.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 5th November 2010, 6:22 pm

LaToya28 wrote:
Cupcake415 wrote:

I went to Target today and opened one of the jars of Cantu Leave-in and it was looked solid and creamy just like you described, so maybe it is just the ones from WalMart that are all jacked up lol. You should return it.

So the jar you purchased had a solid look to it too?
Ok GOOD Laughing ... I think that is how it is suppose to be... I KNOW that is how it's suppose to be, lol

Yeah because the WAL-MART jar, I knew for a fact just wasn't right Evil or Very Mad
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by blkbeauty2010 13th November 2010, 9:12 pm

i returned a jar from walmart last week. i didnt use it was just having a pj moment but it was like pudding...watery pudding. i watched a youtube video (which inspired the purchase) and the girl who applied it was using a thick cream based product from her jar... maybe the walmart ones are different for some reason
blkbeauty2010
blkbeauty2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 14th November 2010, 12:12 am

blkbeauty2010 wrote:i returned a jar from walmart last week. i didnt use it was just having a pj moment but it was like pudding...watery pudding. i watched a youtube video (which inspired the purchase) and the girl who applied it was using a thick cream based product from her jar... maybe the walmart ones are different for some reason

YES... EXACTLY!!!!!

Well, u are the 5th person to experience that, including me....

NO MORE WAL-MART "Cantu Leave-in"... Yeah, it's suppose to be Thick n Creamy!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down