CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural College Student

+3
curlya
rayray19
aprilslove08
7 posters

Go down

Natural College Student Empty Natural College Student

Post by aprilslove08 1st November 2010, 12:58 pm

I'm a junior in college and over the summer i did my big chop but I am having trouble finding hair styles that work for my schedule and the weather here in ohio.....Help!!!

aprilslove08

Back to top Go down

Natural College Student Empty Re: Natural College Student

Post by rayray19 1st November 2010, 1:15 pm

i'm also a college student (sophomore) and did my BC over the summer as well!!!

I didn't transition long at all so i have a short twa right now..as far as styles go i've been mostly doing wash n' gos and to keep my hair moisturized in the winter months i will be Deep conditioning my hair twice a week and using a heavier moisturizer (qhemets biologics AOHC)..I also wear a lot of hats and beanies to protect my hair as well

how long is your hair?? can you do twist or braids in it??
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st November 2010, 1:42 pm

@rayray19; i am thinking about wearing more hats / beanies this winter too. (hopefully I can get away with them at work. (we'll see). My questions is; Are you concerned about the materials of the hats snaging or causing breakage to your hair? I'm thinking about putting a layer of material in the knit caps; what do you think?

curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 1st November 2010, 1:59 pm

College Junior here also, BC in August!! My hair has gotten long enough to wear twists, I twist on Sunday after (washing and a deep treatment), wear them all week and rock a twist out on Friday and Saturday. I find that this works well with my busy schedule. I plan to do this until winter is over.

HTH
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 1st November 2010, 2:04 pm

curlya wrote:@rayray19; i am thinking about wearing more hats / beanies this winter too. (hopefully I can get away with them at work. (we'll see). My questions is; Are you concerned about the materials of the hats snaging or causing breakage to your hair? I'm thinking about putting a layer of material in the knit caps; what do you think?

yea i put my satin bonnet in my beanies and hats...i saw a youtuber do it, and have been doing it ever since..this also helps keep frizz away also because beanies always gives me crazy frizz!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st November 2010, 4:26 pm

I agree with the other ladies....hats and beanies are a huge help. Twists are a good way to protect the hair and once you have them in, its just a get up and go type hairstyle in the mornings. Braid/twist extensions are a good, easy style for winter months as well.

If your hair isn't long enough to twist you can try half wigs with headband. Or hats/beanies.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 1st November 2010, 4:43 pm

Ebbz wrote:I agree with the other ladies....hats and beanies are a huge help. Twists are a good way to protect the hair and once you have them in, its just a get up and go type hairstyle in the mornings. Braid/twist extensions are a good, easy style for winter months as well.

If your hair isn't long enough to twist you can try half wigs with headband. Or hats/beanies.

im lovin your braids!! did you do them yourself??
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 1st November 2010, 4:55 pm

rayray19 wrote:
curlya wrote:@rayray19; i am thinking about wearing more hats / beanies this winter too. (hopefully I can get away with them at work. (we'll see). My questions is; Are you concerned about the materials of the hats snaging or causing breakage to your hair? I'm thinking about putting a layer of material in the knit caps; what do you think?

yea i put my satin bonnet in my beanies and hats...i saw a youtuber do it, and have been doing it ever since..this also helps keep frizz away also because beanies always gives me crazy frizz!!

Thank you. I will do that.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 1st November 2010, 6:38 pm

Check out 160days2lose on YouTube and she describes very well about how to protect your hair from the wool of hats & coats
Im a college student & have about 3in of growth in my hair
Im not sure how long ur hair is but u can do coils or twist
I jus braided hair this wkend & wk b4 that two strand twisted it
I left the twist in for 3 days then took them out I thought that it was cute This wk I braided it kept the braids in for 2 days I took them out yesterday
Need to find something else to do to it Thinking about cornrows for the winter not sure yet
Good luck flower
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 1st November 2010, 10:06 pm

rayray19 wrote:
Ebbz wrote:I agree with the other ladies....hats and beanies are a huge help. Twists are a good way to protect the hair and once you have them in, its just a get up and go type hairstyle in the mornings. Braid/twist extensions are a good, easy style for winter months as well.

im lovin your braids!! did you do them yourself??

Yes I did! and I love them so far. Plan to have them in for a while.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 1st November 2010, 10:40 pm

wow they look real good..see me and braids aren't friends they drive me crazy..but if i did them myself i wouldn't feel as bad when i take them out early
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilslove08 3rd November 2010, 1:17 pm

i do twist right now and my scholarship doesn't really like for us to wear hats to meetings so i'm trying to not get used to wearing hats

aprilslove08

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 4th November 2010, 9:48 pm

Hey I'm a junior in college also. I haven't bc'd yet but I do see many naturals on my campus... I get so jealous when I see girls that have bc'd It looks stunning. I say you can play up your do with earrings or beanie hats. Good luck and congrats on your big chop! Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down