CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Loves, futures, and presents

2 posters

Go down

Your Loves, futures, and presents Empty Your Loves, futures, and presents

Post by Tia Love 30th October 2010, 12:36 am

Hey loves,

Well I just wanted share a little what is on my mind and I bet many of you feel the same way. Anyway, have you met someone that you liked, but didn't know how they will adapt to your natural hair? I know we have our rituals as women to keep our hair wrapped up at night, but were you afraid to show that side to your guy? Well I just want to say...I've been there.

I used to grudge when I would spend the night over my new guys house and when it came to night time I didn't want him to see my scarf! So I will lay down thinking the whole time, dang I really need to wrap my hair. But, I found a way to get over that fear and post a pic of myself on Facebook and on my phone with a scarf on my head stating: "Meeting a guy and afraid to show him rule 15:" Wearing a scarf on the head"" That way the whole world new what I did and they had to deal with it.

Anyway, I've been wearing my hair a lot without it being straightened. I've been introduced to this guy and we started dating. One day we went to the movies and did the corny movie cuddling. I wore my hair pinned up with curls in the front. He had his head resting on mine and I was thinking, "Uh he's going to flatten my hair." and "Wow, he hasn't adjusted himself in the disliking of my hair being in the way." Later that night, we ended up resting and I didn't have a scarf on my head so I knew everything in the morning will be flat and all over the place. My predictions were correct and it was flat and all over the place. To my surprise, he kept playing with my mop hair. Not only did he see how I look with bogus hair, but he saw my makeup smudged because I was too tired to do anything that night. He still called me beautiful, looked at me the same and didn't make me feel bad about my mop hair.

I wrote this to say, even though I thought about how he would react differently about my morning hair, but he still cherished me. So if you find a guy who likes your true beauty, pursue him and keep him. Because its rare since the media gives everyone these images for what beauty is. That is why we are on Curly Nikki to embrace what was God given. If you find someone who says "Keep your hair straight, because the curls don't work," dismiss him. I been through that with one of my ex's who didn't like my curls and made me feel bad. But, you know that you're beautiful inside and out. I realized a guy is attracted to your confidence if your true to yourself. So give yourself some self love!

-Tia Love
Tia Love
Tia Love

Back to top Go down

Your Loves, futures, and presents Empty Re: Your Loves, futures, and presents

Post by Color_Me_Coily 30th October 2010, 3:00 am

Really Glad He had no problems with you being simply you =D

So on FB the other day I posted a new pic... the first actually of my Natural hair...
a guy I went to high school with *big crush* we still keep in contact but attend different colleges...saw and commented on my picture...He told me my hair was nice and asked what exactly I was letting it do i.e. dreads or what not... I said No and told him I decided on going natural his next response was,

“Kool, I respect that. Most people think straight hair and having perms is the only way one can look beautiful. If you ask me, you're copying "Whites". I think every black female should have their natural hair. It brings out our culture.”

It made me smile Really Wide and I said it’s the things like this that [G]ives [M]e [H]ope within our on african american people ... Very Happy
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by Tia Love 31st October 2010, 4:31 pm

Awwww now that's sweet. I like when African American young men see the natural beauty. It really makes us women less self-conscious about who we are. It really does gives us hope, because we live in a society that doesn't really embrace our roots (kinky hair) lol. And the fact that he was your crush...aaaah makes it 100x better! That's what I'm talking bout girl frn. Strut that natural hair! Wink
Tia Love
Tia Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down