CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hubby loves me Natural!!

+10
BajanPrincess82
Janique
naturalmommyGA
CrissyQ
deeply_rooted_chick
Runtinkrun
CurlsGalore
tatertotz
priceless
LoveleeMama
14 posters

Go down

Hubby loves me Natural!! Empty Hubby loves me Natural!!

Post by LoveleeMama 31st July 2010, 6:38 pm

Me: Do you like that I wear my hair natural?

Hubby: Yea

Me: Why?

Hubby: Well, cause you seem to have a lot more confidence in your looks, I like that I can run my hands through your hair and not pull out hella hair and grease. You do be in the bathroom for hella long doing your hair but it least it dont smell like burnt hair and oil. No bueno.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love my hubby.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Hubby loves me Natural!! Empty Re: Hubby loves me Natural!!

Post by priceless 31st July 2010, 6:45 pm

ahhhhhhh I think they all like that they can put their hands in it now
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertotz 31st July 2010, 6:47 pm

Awww that's so cute! and once again it's crushing the myth that men don't like Black womn with natural hair. Now if only I could expect this reaction from my boyfriend...his most infamous quote so far has been "There's nothing worse than a light-skinned girl with nappy hair" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ninja what?! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tatertotz
tatertotz

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 31st July 2010, 7:40 pm

If this was a Facebook post, I would like this!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtinkrun 31st July 2010, 7:50 pm

My boyfriend just broke up(2 days ago) with me because I went natural. I don't care, MORE MEN FOR ME( HAHA I joke, I joke) and plus, I've gotten way more compliments now that i've chopped than when I was natural. life.

Last edited by Runtinkrun on 1st August 2010, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runtinkrun
Runtinkrun

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 31st July 2010, 9:37 pm

Yay he's a keeper....welll since ur married I guess you already are keeping him lol
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 31st July 2010, 10:44 pm

My BF is so confusing to me one minute he likes it the next he is making comments like you nappy azz head. I got feed up with him today because he said it one too many times and i gave him the business. At this point I dont care if he never calls me again, i know it feels great that your husband likes it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 1st August 2010, 2:32 am

That's AWESOME!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 1st August 2010, 11:24 am

CrissyQ wrote:My BF is so confusing to me one minute he likes it the next he is making comments like you nappy azz head. I got feed up with him today because he said it one too many times and i gave him the business. At this point I dont care if he never calls me again, i know it feels great that your husband likes it.

Eck my ex did that. You really shouldn't care if he calls back. There is someone out there that is going to love you for you, and not make horrible comments. Who tears down people randomly like that? I'd rather you be real and actually tell me what you think then randomly pull out hate on me.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 1st August 2010, 12:20 pm

Runtinkrun wrote:My boyfriend just broke up(2 days ago) with me because I went natural. I don't care, MORE MEN FOR ME( HAHA I joke, I joke) and plus, I've gotten way more compliments now that i've chopped than when I was natural. life.

Wow he really broke up with you because you went natural? How superficial! That tells me he was with you for aesthetic reasons only. Better to know now then later what type of person he really was and that he would leave you at the drop of a dime if you changed something about yourself physically.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 1st August 2010, 10:32 pm

For the ladies who's men/ex's don't/didn't like their hair...how can a man say he loves you and then make derrogatory remarks about a part of your physical appearance? That is just bass ackwards!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalchic 1st August 2010, 10:39 pm

you know some people are afraid of the unknown, but what they fail to realize it is takes a strong women to go against the grain.....my hubby loves me natural cause im doing what makes me happy, so he supports my constant changing hair style I am very lucky to have him, I get more stares and compliments from stranger now than when i was a permie, lol

ROCK on Curly Chics!!
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 2nd August 2010, 2:32 am

Aww! Smile

Fortunately my boyfriend love my hair. He's nicknamed me Coffy. He is going through a hair journey of his own b/c he's locking. And guess who's been twisting his hair.... tongue lol
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtinkrun 2nd August 2010, 8:57 am

Janique wrote:
Runtinkrun wrote:My boyfriend just broke up(2 days ago) with me because I went natural. I don't care, MORE MEN FOR ME( HAHA I joke, I joke) and plus, I've gotten way more compliments now that i've chopped than when I was natural. life.

Wow he really broke up with you because you went natural? How superficial! That tells me he was with you for aesthetic reasons only. Better to know now then later what type of person he really was and that he would leave you at the drop of a dime if you changed something about yourself physically.

Yeah but you know what, I'm glad, it wasn't that far into the relationship, and i'm not sad at all. I have other things that I need to concentrate on, instead of trying to look like a "dime piece" for my ex boyfriend.
Runtinkrun
Runtinkrun

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 2nd August 2010, 10:14 am

Girl you dodged a bullet. He's a jerk. Seems like he was more attached to your hair than your personality. Eff him! Evil or Very Mad
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by Runtinkrun 3rd August 2010, 9:54 am

AshElleAye wrote:

Girl you dodged a bullet. He's a jerk. Seems like he was more attached to your hair than your personality. Eff him! Evil or Very Mad

And that's teh way I look at it, I'm young and full of life so i'm going to live that way and not have anyone make me or try to tear me down
cheers
Runtinkrun
Runtinkrun

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 3rd August 2010, 10:07 am

LoveleeMama... I love that your husband appreciates you inside and out. That's awesome!

Runtinkrun... You look great, I love your attitude, and it's your simple ass ex-boyfriend's loss..not yours!
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th August 2010, 12:06 am

Awww, I like your hubby's attitude.

I had a weave when I met my boyfriend.....I remember one night he tried to touch my hair and I had to make a quick move, LOL......I was natural underneath, I was just addicted to the pressing comb. I didn't warn him or anything I just showed up at his house rocking a chunky twist out one day and he liked it and still likes it. Every so often he calls my hair sheep's wool or he calls me Q-tip, but I just tell him he's hating cause he wishes he had hair like me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama 4th August 2010, 1:54 am

Thanks for the lovely comments. He was really hesitate whenever we would talk about it. So I just started wearing it curly without saying a word and he loved the look. He just doesnt want me to cut it really short which Im afraid of too.
He's mexican and his mom has always had long curly hair which he loves. He never really understood straightening and relaxers for black women.

Sorry to hear that some men put demands on their women to look a certain way instead of loving them for who they are. When we accept and respect our beauty so will the others in our lives.
No lets see how he feels after I get my sisterlocks.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down