CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter???

4 posters

Go down

Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter??? Empty Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter???

Post by makeupvixen 28th October 2010, 4:02 pm

Ok LA gals, where ya'll at? LOL

How are you treating your hair this winter. I'm asking because we get so much advice about how to not use glycerin in the winter and to do mostly protective styles and how things draw moisture from the air but what about us gals in Los Angeles? We don't get snow and really harsh cold weather here.

So does it really matter if we avoid glycerin? Does it matter if change our summer and winter regimen?

What are you ladies doing for the winter?
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter??? Empty Re: Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter???

Post by TheRYL1 31st October 2010, 5:54 am

Hey Makeupmaven!

You know...I wondered the same thing...does this really apply to us because the weather really doesn't change, unless it's raining! LOL

Personally, I switched the glycerin in my spritz for aloe vera gel over a month ago, and my hair has loved it. I see a big difference, so I don't know if it's the glycerin or the weather! LOL

Other than that, I really haven't changed any other ingredients.

If we happen to hit a cold & rainy patch, I'll either braid or twist and throw on a hat! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter??? Empty Re: Los Angeles Natural Hair for the Winter???

Post by Naturally Esq 31st October 2010, 10:11 am

Northern Cali is similar to LA, just a few degrees cooler. May I join this thread?

I am not changing anything for Winter. I always avoid products with glycerin because due to the low humidity, glycerin makes my hair dry. No protective styles for me because I waited too long to show off my natural curls.
Cool
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 31st October 2010, 6:25 pm

Naturally Esq wrote:Northern Cali is similar to LA, just a few degrees cooler. May I join this thread?

I am not changing anything for Winter. I always avoid products with glycerin because due to the low humidity, glycerin makes my hair dry. No protective styles for me because I waited too long to show off my natural curls.
Cool

I can so relate to showing off the curls...I did the same thing a few weeks ago when it was raining...and I had no problem whatsoever with dryness! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st November 2010, 2:59 pm

I hardly do anything different since we go from 60 degress and rain to 80 degrees and clear skies in a matter of 24 hours. If the weather person is right and we have storm watch due to some drizzle. I will bun up my hair whether it is in twist or out free. I also have a wig a throw on my head when we got some rain days more than 2 in a row.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down