CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training Your Hair

4 posters

Go down

Training Your Hair Empty Training Your Hair

Post by CrissyQ 27th October 2010, 4:15 pm

I have a question, do you think its possible to train you hair to lay a certain way. For example if i always style my hair with a part will it continue to go that way? Hope this makes sense. confused
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Training Your Hair Empty Re: Training Your Hair

Post by asavoy 27th October 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi CrissyQ...

Growing up my mom and aunts always talked about training hair.... I personally think your hair can get used to being a certain way, hence why when you decide to try something completely different i.e. a new cut it takes a few styling sessions before it "lays" the way you want it to... lol

Or maybe its just a myth scratch

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 27th October 2010, 5:28 pm

I think there is some truth to it, but I don't have any scientific evidence. I know that when my hair is straight I have to part it on the left and wrap it from left to right; if I put the part on the right and wrap it from right to left it just won't wrap nicely. Also, I wear a lot of ponypuffs and buns, and when I brush my hair back, I can't brush it straight back or slanted to the left, it has to be slanted to the right. If I don't, it will not lay down and be smooth. I don't know if I've 'trained' my hair to lay a certain way, or if thats just how it grows out of my scalp.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by chynadoll8799 28th October 2010, 9:05 pm

I dont think hair can be "trained" to do anything, really.
If that was possible, once you "train" it to do what you want, isn't new growth coming in already? it would be a never ending process.
I think the only thing hair can be "trained" to do is be straight....with a relaxer....

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down