CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

+8
deeply_rooted_chick
lumii
Ladybug83
cluelesscurl
Curly1
rayray19
SwirlyCurls90
Janique
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video - Page 2 Empty Re: Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th October 2010, 11:20 am

Omg after watching the second video I found so many more and many hot topics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJqz5VLd-M&feature=related
black women vs white man

I hate that they make white men only like black women for sexual reasons. I have dated white men before and they respect me MORE than a black men have. Every man has sex on their mind but this is a lie that they are that bold.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video - Page 2 Empty Re: Dating the Modern Day Black Woman Video

Post by Janique 28th October 2010, 12:14 pm

I happened to watch that video too right after watching the second video. I've never seen or experienced a situation like that with a white guy.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 28th October 2010, 12:19 pm

@ deeplyrootedchick I was reading a thread about AA women dating WM and it was very interesting and full of sterotypes, contradicitons and lies! I agree that all men no matter what their nationality, Love's Sex! (that's a fact!)
I believe they say white men want black women for sex because they want to keep that sterotypical image of black women in place (i.e. Loud, lazy, gold digger, etc. BS basically!) so that we are Not noticed for the respectable women that a lot of our are!
They don't want to believe or deal with the fact that a "White Man" could actually "Love" and "Care" for a black women. I've never dated a white man before but I don't judge anyone for their personal choices either; to each its own. In society the white man is seen at the top of the food chain; so he can't possibly want a women who is considered the bottom of the chain so to speak. But I tell you what they better ask somebody because I have a few friends in interacial marriages, "yes married" and they are loving each other to the fullest kids and all!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 28th October 2010, 12:50 pm

I'm not even gonna lie...if I had a nickel for every chick I knew with this mentality....the situation hasn't gone down EXACTLY like this but uhm....yeah. It's a shame that it happens but.....*shrug*. Everyone wants to have the money and the cars and nobody wants to work for it. Shame.

As for the white man/black women thing? I've never dated a black guy. All my boyfriends were white and my husband is ultra white (ole boy is from Minnesota....catch him on an off day and yes he does say 'eh and ubetcha....burns like a lobster if he looks at the sun sideways). Black guys just weren't into me as a teen. My hair was too this and too that and I was too chunky, I spoke too white, I didn't know how to keep my hand down in class, I thought I was better than everybody blah blah blah same old bullshit. So I dated guys who appreciated what I had to offer. Who loved the fact I had strong opinions and that I could pull random facts out of my head. Thought my curves were banging and weren't upset about my nappy roots because honestly they thought running from the rain was stupid anyway. People are going to be attracted to folks who they find physically appealing and folks who like them for who they are. With the gene pool all over the place you can find some traits on almost anybody, so it boils down to being able to be comfortable with the person you're with. If you run around looking for a video ho that's who you're gonna end up with. To run around blaming white men for black women not wanting to date you, as a black man, is ridiculous and stupid. Change starts with you.

My husband gets on my LAST nerve at times, but his love for me just shocks me sometimes. I'm his favorite person and he loves the simplest things I do just because I did them for him. Why wouldn't I want that?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 28th October 2010, 1:01 pm

@PaganWifey nicely said!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th October 2010, 1:10 pm

@curly 1 it's sad that some people have that distrust of other races but I really dont see why some women will have "loyalty" only to black men even though many of those same women complain about them. *sigh* hopefully some of this stuff goes aways along with older generations. I know my mom preaches some of the stuff in these videos that are wrong.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 28th October 2010, 2:31 pm

@deeplyrootedchick to keep it real I believe that we as black people have had good reason to distrust other races (especially whites) for obvious reasons...u know what I mean? (mainly the older generation).

With that said I don't go around thinking that these races, whites what eva are out to get us..lol... and that we shouldn't have closer relationships with them! Society is what it is...and you should be able to live your life that way you see fit and based on what makes you happy especially in this day and age! And if this means dating outside of your race then so be it!!! Smile

No I haven't dated white men as I stated before (i'm not opposed to it), but I have dated Hispanics, Ethiopian, and Portuguese men; so I don't discriminate either!lol Gurl I'm completely over being "Loyal" only to black men because I feel like they lost their loyalty to black women a very long time ago! Until black men make a DRASTIC change in the way they treat and deal with black women I will date whom eva I please!!!!!!
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 28th October 2010, 3:11 pm

Oh and I wanted to add a quick story about my ex. He is black/hispanic mix...he grew up in a pridominately black neighborhood so he considers himself black( looked completley spanish, lol) but had characteristics like the typical black male if you will (no pun intended). Anyways he had the nerve to tell me that I was going to end up with a non-black man because I exspected too much from a black man!

I replyed what (i.e. a job, respect, love, and marriage) what is wrong with that??? I asked him if you were with a women from a diffrent race do you think she would want the same thing? and would she be exspecting too much? lol There was a time... a long time ago when black men took pride in his family and his black wife! What happened???
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 28th October 2010, 3:13 pm

Curly1 wrote:Oh and I wanted to add a quick story about my ex. He is black/hispanic mix...he grew up in a pridominately black neighborhood so he considers himself black( looked completley spanish, lol) but had characteristics like the typical black male if you will (no pun intended). Anyways he had the nerve to tell me that I was going to end up with a non-black man because I exspected too much from a black man!

I replyed what (i.e. a job, respect, love, and marriage) what is wrong with that??? I asked him if you were with a women from a diffrent race do you think she would want the same thing? and would she be exspecting too much? lol There was a time... a long time ago when black men took pride in his family and his black wife! What happened???

It's a vicious cycle.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 28th October 2010, 5:56 pm

Janique wrote:I refuse to ever have children outside the bounds of marriage. It's sort of a reassurance that the man will be there for the long haul if he's willing to commit to marriage.

Amen! I totally agree with you. Very Happy
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 28th October 2010, 6:42 pm

SwirlyCurls90 wrote:
NaturalSinceBirth wrote:Ugh. I seen this video the other day and it makes me sick! I don't act like the stereotypical black woman and I'm tired of being compared to it. Its like we have to prove ourself extra hard just so we don't get put in that category. This is why black people can't get anywhere. We're too busy bashing each other. SMH

Agreed! Unity is the only way we'll get anywhere, but with bs like this, it seems pretty far off smh. And btw I'm from Michigan too! Michigan weather and natural hair don't mix for me lol. It's always so unpredictable!

Omg thats great! I always felt like I was the only natural in Michigan since I don't see any around. But I do agree about this MI weather and hair, the weather is so moody like a female lol.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 28th October 2010, 7:30 pm

Curly1 wrote: Anyways he had the nerve to tell me that I was going to end up with a non-black man because I exspected too much from a black man!

I as hell hope he didnt say that just cuz you were black. I wish a guy would tell me black women arent suppose to be treated as well as other races. I'm a queen : p lol
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly1 29th October 2010, 10:37 am

[Deeply_rooted_chick wrote:
I as hell hope he didn't say that just cuz you were black.]

That's why I was so offended because it seemed as though he said it for that very reason. It CRACKS me up how some of these men out here think that we black women should be satisfied with mediocrity! The shame of it all is that each time I was treated very well... it was by another race.
Curly1
Curly1

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 29th October 2010, 11:49 am

Curly1 wrote:
That's why I was so offended because it seemed as though he said it for that very reason. It CRACKS me up how some of these men out here think that we black women should be satisfied with mediocrity! The shame of it all is that each time I was treated very well... it was by another race.

Hmmmm I wonder where that all started from Suspect maybe I'll take an African American woman studies class. I still have credits open in that area I think...
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Janique 30th October 2010, 1:23 am

@ CURLY 1 I agree...the best I have been treated was by a white guy....IDK why this was in my case, but that's how it happened lol...
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2