CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

acv rinse

+2
naturallynola
veebaby87
6 posters

Go down

acv rinse Empty acv rinse

Post by veebaby87 25th October 2010, 7:32 pm

i am i fairly new natural!!! and i have been reading more and more about different things to make my hair soft and curly...i do have a question about the acv rinse...how often do u do them and when is the right time to do them?
veebaby87
veebaby87

Back to top Go down

acv rinse Empty Re: acv rinse

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 9:35 pm

The answer lies with you because it depends on your methods. If you are a heavy product user, weekly or biweekly may be appropriate. If not, perhaps monthly. If you notice dull hair, buildup on the scalp, using alot of alkaline products (most are), ACV will clarify the hair and scalp, as well as restores the ph balance. Some people don't shampoo at all and they incorporate cowashing and ACVs into their routine. Oil and butter laden regimens = buildup = ACV helpful. Also, to effectively evaluate a new product, ACV rinse its helpful because nothing is coating the hair to potentially tarnish your evaluation of that product. Don't use if there are any scratches or other open wounds on the scalp. If you have been scratching, I would defer using it until you have an itchless, calm scalp,.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 25th October 2010, 9:42 pm

I agree with naturalnolagirl..since i co wash daily and use alot of oil and moisturizer in my hair i so a acv rinse once a week (usually like mid week)
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 25th October 2010, 10:13 pm

I only use it before I do a Henna treatment. Which was once a week and has now change to once a month. However, I am still working out my HG regimen so bear with me... Next month I may be back to once a week. silent
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by kelleemudiva 26th October 2010, 11:11 am

I usually acv rinse once a week. My hair didn't seem to like the Aubrey Organics Moisturizing Shampoo, so instead of wasting more money I decided to try the acv since I already had it in my kitchen. I have been rockin the coils lately (which I wear for about a week) and I easily get product buildup in my hair. I put the acv and water in an applicator bottle and get it all over my scalp and rub to lift the dirt. Then I'll rinse and pour the remainder onto my hair and rub. Rinse and add a clarifying conditioner (VO5 Kiwi) to get the smell out and detangle. When I'm done my hair is squeaky clean. I usually follow up with a deep conditioner.
kelleemudiva
kelleemudiva

Back to top Go down

Post by veebaby87 26th October 2010, 12:30 pm

thanks so much guys i think ill try it this weekend and let u know what happens!!!
veebaby87
veebaby87

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 28th October 2010, 5:09 pm

I tend to give my hair an ACV rinse once a week. Yes you do smell like a salad for a little while but it does make your hair really shiny and bouncy. Also if you have an itchy dry scalp it helps sooooo much.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down