CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roller Setting

+3
Jazzyrin
naturallynola
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
7 posters

Go down

Roller Setting Empty Roller Setting

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 21st March 2011, 8:40 pm

I am a WNG girl all the way but as my hair is getting longer I am finding that I have to be way more careful to avid knots. It never used to be a problem but now every once in a while I'll find 2 strands that have twirled around each other an knotted. So of course I have to cut em out (or snap it off with my nails Embarassed bad, I know...) Anyway It's just becoming a pain in the butt so I though maybe I should start stretching my hair more often. I wanted to try a roller set. I was wondering what products/techniques are best. I was gonna use perm rods. I'd appreciate the help ladies. Thanx

Back to top Go down

Roller Setting Empty Re: Roller Setting

Post by naturallynola 21st March 2011, 9:51 pm

My best bet is using curlformers. My second best bet are flexirods. I prefer the curlformers in terms of the results--very smooth and silky! My hair takes a while to dry and the flexirods don't help with that. I use JC Wrap & Roll. Love that stuff. I also like that it is so easy to transition to a nice updo around day 3 or so. I just never got the hang of perm rods.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 22nd March 2011, 2:32 am

perm rodssssss suckkkkkk i had the worst experience with them theyre impossible!! i say go with flexi's, magnetic rollers, or curlformers...or the dominican wash n set just dont get it blown out
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 22nd March 2011, 10:21 am

I love perm rods. It curls all the way to the root. I use Eco styler Olive oil gel and my shea mixture on the ends. I think these were taken on day 5. Good luck, I hope you find what works for you.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd March 2011, 11:54 am

I like flexirods and perm rods. I like perm rods b/c my hair seems to dry faster on them but flexis are easier to sleep on. I would definitely say anytime you're doing a rollerset make sure you smooth (this is so important to get a pretty, not frizzy curl) the hair with whatever setting lotion/foam you're going to use and when you're putting you're roller on, make sure the hair is pulled taught. Also, I have found that I get better results when I use ends papers. They make it so much easier to pull the rollers off b/c you don't have to worry about ripping your hair off. If I think of anything else I will let you know. HTH!

@Morshaye
You're roller set is so pretty!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 22nd March 2011, 12:25 pm

I love curl formers because of how much I suck with magnetic rollers. They are just so easy to put in! I use them to stretch mostly then style accordingly
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 22nd March 2011, 1:04 pm

Ok so I got magnetic rollers, papers, long bobby pins... I also bought Elasta QP feels like silk thermal styling spray (anyone used this?) its supposed to be for heat styling and sets and stuff. Am I missing anything? Oh yea also, do you roll your hair when wet or damp? Can you roll dry stretched hair (my hair is clean conditioned and in french braids right now which stretches my hair almost straight.)

@moreshay PRETTY!

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 22nd March 2011, 1:30 pm

@Moreshay, I love your rod set!!!

@Ambitious_Tiff great advice girl in regards to the use of end papers etc. most people don't know to use them to help with rod setting!!

@Craving_Curls Good luck girlie, practice makes perfect the more you do it the better and faster you'll get!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 22nd March 2011, 2:23 pm

I think you've got everything. Make sure you have batteries in your camera to take pics, lol. I roll on damp or dry (it'll be damp when you put the setting lotion on).

@Luscious Mahogany
Thanx! I've been around the rollerset block a time or two, lol.
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Morshaye 24th March 2011, 1:48 am

Thank you ladies.
Morshaye
Morshaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content