CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They're here, they're here...my products!!!

+6
LaToya28
molove87
jeanlouisangel
Curliana
Lynnieluve
Doris K
10 posters

Go down

They're here, they're here...my products!!! Empty They're here, they're here...my products!!!

Post by Doris K 20th October 2010, 11:38 pm

Just got my very first shipment of hair products (CurlMart)!!!!woot!

Elucence Shampoo & Moisterizer
Oyin handmade burnt sugar pomade
Oyin handmade whipped pudding
& a Denman brush

I am looking forward to using my products this weekend can't wait to see what my twist out is going to look like after using the pomade and whipped pudding. Ladies please share any tips or advice that you may have for a twist out!!! Should I do a dry twist out, is it better to style my hair with the pomade & pudding together while my hair is damp, should I use one of the two products, etc... Whatever you all think will help me achieve a fabulous twist out for the weekend. What a Face
Doris K
Doris K

Back to top Go down

They're here, they're here...my products!!! Empty Re: They're here, they're here...my products!!!

Post by Lynnieluve 20th October 2010, 11:43 pm

I love trying new products!!!

As for your twist out, you should use only one product. For my hair, the pomade works better on wet/damp hair. The whipped pudding works on wet or dry hair for me. Oily products (the pomade is mostly oils) absorb better into my hair when it is damp.

Both products will yield an awesome twist out!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

They're here, they're here...my products!!! Empty Re: They're here, they're here...my products!!!

Post by Curliana 20th October 2010, 11:49 pm

Happy twisting!!!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 20th October 2010, 11:56 pm

Yay!!!!! Enjoy the new products PJ, remember those of us still waiting on ours...like I am for the Qhemet Biologics. They say its gonna be a minute before I get that order Sad
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doris K 21st October 2010, 12:04 am

Thanks Ladies!!! I actually attempted 3 twist outs since I stopped sewing in hair weaves. I have been using a mixture of shea butter, coconut oil, castor oil, & jojoba oil, however I fell like my hair needed some hold. To me it just did not appear to look like a twist out after I seperated my hair. I am hoping that these products will help provide some hold.
Doris K
Doris K

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 21st October 2010, 12:06 am

i like aloe vera gel for extra hold. I've used it with many leave ins and ive never experienced flaking or anything and it doenst leave my hair hard. You can buy it from Giant (if you have one in your area)...Fruit of the Earth is the brand.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 21st October 2010, 12:11 am

I'm excited for you. I love getting new products!! Good luck.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st October 2010, 9:29 am

Yaaay for new products! Elucence shampoo and conditioner are awesome. I have the Whipped Pudding as well, but have yet to use it for twists.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 21st October 2010, 10:08 am

I haven't ordered anything in a while. Let me know how the whipped pudding works for you. Smile
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 21st October 2010, 11:00 am

I ordered from Curl Mart too. I'm hoping my products come today. I ordered the Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade, Curls Whipped Cream and a sample of Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue. I like the way Kimmaytube stretched the merinique in a video she reloaded recently so I thought I'd try it.

Enjoy playing with your new stuff! I can't wait to hear what you think.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st October 2010, 1:19 pm

Everybody, plz remember to give feedback on the Oyin Whipped pudding. Lot of butters going on there, so I am on the fence. It too much, let me know and I will remove that 2x2 from my Black Friday wish list and just get the honey hemp.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd October 2010, 9:33 am

So far, I've found that the WP doesn't give me lasting moisture when my hair is in a fro, but I haven't tried it with twists yet.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 22nd October 2010, 9:54 am

I've use the whipped pudding for twists and it gives great definition and hold, but I didn't get lasting moisture with it. However I absolutely love the honey hemp conditioner.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 22nd October 2010, 10:24 am

That honey hemp conditioner sounds like gold. I haven't heard a bad review on it yet.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 10:44 am

Niqui, just waiting on the "love" word for the Honey Hemp. Water and aloe as the top 2 ingredients my "moving targets." I am a little nervous about the hydrolyzed silk, but it is low on the ingredients list. And no butter (yeah).

Who has used the honey hemp as a leave in? Anybody do twists with it?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down