CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Products Should I take with me?

2 posters

Go down

What Should I Take?

What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap19%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 3 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap0%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap6%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap13%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap13%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap25%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]
What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_lcap24%What Products Should I take with me? I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

What Products Should I take with me? Empty What Products Should I take with me?

Post by Moni 18th December 2009, 6:34 am

I'm going home for winter break and am trying to decide what products to take. My black friday orders just arrived today, so I haven't had time to try these out. I'd like to take three products at most: a condition to use as a deep conditioner and leave-in, a moisturizer and a sealant. If I can use one product to moisturize and seal, that would be even better. I wear mostly protective styles, braids and twists with the occasional braid/twistout. My hair tends to be on the dry side, so I'd like as much moisture as possible with a light hold. Here are my options:

Conditioners:

• Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (love it as a DC, never tried as a leave-in)
  • Desert Essence Organics Thickening Conditioner Green Apple & Ginger (never used)
Moisturizers (never used any of them):

• Afroveda Shea-Amla Buttercream
  • AV Hempseed Lock/Twist Butter
  • AV Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter
Sealant (use and love both):

• Coconut oil
  • Whipped Shea Butter
Any recommendations or advice is appreciated!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

What Products Should I take with me? Empty My Vote

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th December 2009, 10:45 am

Afroveda TT butter is the bomb. It is oh so moisturizing. Your twists and/or braids will look and feel great. You can seal with coconut oil. If your hair is thick you should have no problem with the AO HR as a leave in.

You can also add coconut oil when you DC each week. I see you needing only three products - AO HR (cut with water to make it last when using as leave in), ATTGAB and coconut oil (you can take some and warm it for a hot oil treatment).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down