CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stop knots and frizzing

+4
Niqui36
MsJay1121
Free2Be
nikeychic
8 posters

Go down

stop knots and frizzing Empty stop knots and frizzing

Post by nikeychic 20th October 2010, 11:04 pm

hi ladies... i need help, i have type 4 hair what can i put on my hair to stop it from frizzing and knotting at the ends i have tried everything!! PLEASE HELP.geek

thanks in advance Smile

nikeychic

Back to top Go down

stop knots and frizzing Empty Re: stop knots and frizzing

Post by Free2Be 20th October 2010, 11:46 pm

My recommendation is to check your hair texture and porosity and then evaluate if the products you're using are helping or hindering your goals. Check out the Live Curly, Live Free website for more info, particularly this page: Curly Hair Basics

More than knowing your hair type, knowing the porosity and texture will really guide you towards the proper care of your hair. Really, read it. I did again today and it's making so much more sense to me than just knowing I have a type 3 curl, kwim?

Tiffany (at the website provided) explains what causes frizz, etc. etc. You're going to need the right cleanser and conditioner for your hair and again, that will be based on the texture/porosity factor.

It would be easy to just provide you with a list of conditioners, but not knowing what your hair actually feels like and how it performs, those may work against your hair care, rather than for it.

Maybe someone else can help better than I can, but I found that website extremely helpful in improving the health of my hair.

Good luck.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 21st October 2010, 2:12 am

I think the above is awesome!!!
As far as ssk's (single strand knots), you can't totally prevent them (it's just the nature of curly hair), but you can keep them under control. I find I can minimize them if my hair is either in a protective style or stretched style, and is moisturized. Try moisturzing before bed as well as in the a.m., and if you have some length, braid/twist up at night yo keep your ends from coiling upon themselves. Hth!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 21st October 2010, 8:44 am

I haven't had much of a problem with frizzing since I started using that kimmaytube leave in recipe. It worked great from the very first time I used it.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 21st October 2010, 1:27 pm

Niqui, I noticed the same thing. Really, the key to the prevention of tangles in that leave-in is the KCNT. It has marshmallow root and slippery elm. They are mucilaginous herbs. The aloe is there for moisture since it is 99% water. Nickeychic, I would certainly advise considering the exact recipe or at least getting some KCNT. That is my observation and based on what the ingredients do. My personal experience is my tangles melting with KCNT alone. The reason I use the leave in is because my hair stays moisturized for at least 3 days afterwards and I don't comb my hair during the week and really I don't have any real detangling on wash day (once a week).

Free2be thanks for those links. I will be sure and check them out!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st October 2010, 3:11 pm

Natural hair with no frizz & knots? I'm struggling with that myself now that I have a little length. I thought that went along with the texture.

Free2Be thanks for sharing those links...both contain great information.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nikeychic 21st October 2010, 8:50 pm

thank u ladies so much for your input!! i will head to whole food tomorrow, i'm excited!! thanks again!!

nikeychic

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd October 2010, 3:46 pm

protective styling, moisturizing and sealing. using product with marhmellow root, Behentrimoinium Methosulfate (this is not the same sulfates in shampoos), etc. oil rinsihing. and introducing moisture all day everyday. hth

oh and i forgot to add rinsing the deep condish out with ice cold water. this seals the cuticles and makes it harder for the hair to knot

Last edited by dajewel on 24th October 2010, 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 23rd October 2010, 4:59 pm

Dajewel, I am a true believer in all you said. It has turned my life around and I basically don't have tangles, unless I try something different and it lends itself to tangles. Like today I did a green tea rinse and it cause some tangling, but not too bad. Nothng KCNT didn't quickly correct. I don't really protective style, but I will add that I use the Kimmaytube leave in and I don't have tangles and about midway through the week, I have to spritz. Since it has the aloe, that keep my hair very moisturized. The KCNT has marshmallow root in it I have also discovered the power of slippery elm is helpful. Have you investigated any other mucilaginous ingredients? I am always looking to build my knowledge base.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 24th October 2010, 1:52 am

Dear @nikeychic,

Do you suffer from "hand in fro disease"? BTW, I am the queen queen of the 4c shrink-kinky coilies, and I find more knots when I manipulate my hair too much or don't have emollient products on my hair.

nikeychic wrote:hi ladies... i need help, i have type 4 hair what can i put on my hair to stop it from frizzing and knotting at the ends i have tried everything!! PLEASE HELP.geek

thanks in advance Smile

Like the others stated, keep it moisturized and you should see fewer SSK. If you coil, twist, rollerset or gel, don't fiddle with it once it's set! HTH.

Be Blessed!
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 11:17 am

I guess what I should have asked is when does it frizz and knot. There might be some other recommendations someone can provide depending on the answer to this question?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down