CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVOO Stains??????

+3
rayray19
Curlock Holmes
anz30
7 posters

Go down

EVOO Stains?????? Empty EVOO Stains??????

Post by anz30 17th October 2010, 1:22 pm

Hi Curlies!

So I finally started using real evoo in my hair. Before I was using that little green bottle in the hair section, but after reading and hearing how great everyone's results are with evoo I switched and I love what it does for my hair.

However, I am leaving my mark everywhere I go. It is so embarrasing. I spent the weekend at a friend's house and ruined her pillowcases with my oil hair. I have messed up some of my own, but it's really embarrasing to have messed up someone elses. Embarassed

Is it because I'm using too much, or is this common? Please help because I don't want to give it up. confused

Thanks!

Anz
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

EVOO Stains?????? Empty Re: EVOO Stains??????

Post by Curlock Holmes 17th October 2010, 1:30 pm

yeah, I'd say you're probably using too much. If using less doesn't help, maybe mix it with a lighter oil that your hair absorbs so it's not as heavy and doesn't sit on your hair.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 17th October 2010, 2:33 pm

this summer my head left a oil stain on the couch my mama literally but 2 towels were i laid at lol evoo is a very thick and greasy oil..your hair doesn't always absorb all the oil which leads to stains..i switch too coconut oil its less greasy and my hair absorbs it all
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 17th October 2010, 3:06 pm

Jojoba is another oil that is less greasy and does not stain like EVOO. You might also try using a little less oil. I have to remind myself sometimes that less is more. I get a little heavy handed with products.

I have BSL 4alphabet soup hair with a little 3a/b/c thrown in at the nape for confusion. I have to be careful because my nape does not need as much product as the top or the sides. geek
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 17th October 2010, 4:31 pm

I mix EVOO and jojoba together--works like a charm. You are definately using too much if you leave grease stains. If you are concerned about leaving stains, put a plastic cap over your head and put your bonnet on top of it. It's still comfortable and I sleep like that every night without a problem with pillow stains. Just for good measure, I carry a travel pack of baby wipes with me to wipe off shiny areas (especially behind the ears). Your bathroom mirror lies to you until you step out in public, lol.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 18th October 2010, 4:55 pm

I would agree with everyone else that you are using too much.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th October 2010, 11:05 pm

When I get oil stains on my clothing while cooking, I put dish detergent on the stain to keep it from setting and wash. Most times it comes right out. My Nana used to use baby powder to absorb the oil.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down