CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!!

+7
Allycoils
TLog77
Ambitious_Tiff
sweetdrk1
EbonyQueen
Naturally Esq
chynadoll8799
11 posters

Go down

ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!! Empty ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!!

Post by chynadoll8799 19th September 2010, 6:16 pm

Ok, maybe not quite THAT serious but am I the only one that finds that after an acv rinse (i make my own recipe of a few tbsps of acv, a few tbsps of evoo, and the rest is just about 3-4 cups of water....) my hair is VERY soft, and so incredibly manageable and hte curls of my (4-5 months worth of) new growth are incredibly defined.
Is this supposed to happen?
is it a GOOD thing?
cant be too sure since im new to this.
Im not upset, I kind of like the curl....well for me its more of a wave....definition.

thanks for your input in advance! Laughing

chynadoll8799

Back to top Go down

ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!! Empty Re: ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!!

Post by Naturally Esq 19th September 2010, 6:18 pm

It is a good thing because the ACV has removed the product buildup and balanced your hair's pH.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!! Empty Re: ACV/EVOO rinse is a......texturizer in DISGUISE???!!!!!

Post by EbonyQueen 25th December 2010, 12:43 am

thanks for sharing Smile
EbonyQueen
EbonyQueen

https://www.facebook.com/ImperialDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2010, 12:47 am

I love ACV rinses when I had more hair my curls would be outta of control. I have to try it now that I did my 2nd BC
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 25th December 2010, 1:20 am

@ Sweetdrk1
YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!! Very Happy bounce
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 25th December 2010, 1:30 am

How do u do it? Do u spray it on let it sit for a while and rinse?
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2010, 1:39 am

Ambitious_Tiff wrote:@ Sweetdrk1
YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL!! Very Happy bounce
thank you!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2010, 1:40 am

TLog77 wrote:How do u do it? Do u spray it on let it sit for a while and rinse?
if you google ACV you will find a recipe with the measurements, but no you do NOT rinse it out. I do one monthly..my curls love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 25th December 2010, 1:43 am

ACV rinses make my hair INCREDIBLY dry and so tangled! I wish I got the results that others did.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th December 2010, 1:45 am

Allycoils wrote:ACV rinses make my hair INCREDIBLY dry and so tangled! I wish I got the results that others did.
what ratio are you using? and how often where you doing it?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 25th December 2010, 2:02 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
Allycoils wrote:ACV rinses make my hair INCREDIBLY dry and so tangled! I wish I got the results that others did.

I've only done it twice, and it was about 2 -3 months in between the first time and second time. I used about half a cup each time and rinsed it out. the 2nd time I used it was after using baking soda in my hair, so it was to bring the pH back to normal.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th December 2010, 4:49 am

ACV rinse is the bomb!!
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 25th December 2010, 4:02 pm

Allycoils wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:

I've only done it twice, and it was about 2 -3 months in between the first time and second time. I used about half a cup each time and rinsed it out. the 2nd time I used it was after using baking soda in my hair, so it was to bring the pH back to normal.

a half a cup?!!!! Wow, that's a lot...

For my APL hair, I use three tablespoons in 2 cups of warm water...
What ratios are you ladies using? I may have to add the EVOO next time!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 25th December 2010, 6:02 pm

Oh okay! Since it's a rinse, I assumed that you would rinse it out. LOL
Thanks, sweetdrk1. I'll google it.

TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 25th December 2010, 7:07 pm

TLog77 wrote:Oh okay! Since it's a rinse, I assumed that you would rinse it out. LOL
Thanks, sweetdrk1. I'll google it.

I have used it for years and I always rinse it out.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 25th December 2010, 7:49 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:
Allycoils wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:

a half a cup?!!!! Wow, that's a lot...

For my APL hair, I use three tablespoons in 2 cups of warm water...
What ratios are you ladies using? I may have to add the EVOO next time!

wow . . . well I guess that's the problem, LOL. I'm so heavy handed with EVERYTHING! Maybe I'll try it again in 2 wks, after my big chop.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 25th December 2010, 9:10 pm

I think I want to try an ACV rinse my next wash.

I'm off to google recipes now..
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 25th December 2010, 11:22 pm

This is the receipe I found when researching...
"Apple Cider Vinegar Mix
1-2 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 cups room temperature distilled water
A couple drops sage oil (optional)"

I will try it too and see what the results are... Let me know if anyone finds a different receipe.

curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 26th December 2010, 11:36 pm

I tried ACV rinse today. 2c Water 2tbs ACV. 2tsp EVOO. Applied after co-wash. The results weren't significant. I may try again wo EEVO. Its may have sealed my hair while the ACV was trying to strip it. Kind of counteracting it. Just a thought...
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 26th December 2010, 11:56 pm

TLog77 wrote:I tried ACV rinse today. 2c Water 2tbs ACV. 2tsp EVOO. Applied after co-wash. The results weren't significant. I may try again wo EEVO. Its may have sealed my hair while the ACV was trying to strip it. Kind of counteracting it. Just a thought...

That's why I apply it before conditioning and rinse it out. I use it to remove product build up and restore pH balance.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 29th December 2010, 8:25 pm

My scalp is irritated. I heard a couple people say that ACV gave them scabs on their scalps. I hope that's not happening...
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 29th December 2010, 8:27 pm

Next time, I think I'll just use a clarifying shampoo.
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down