CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews??

+2
jeanlouisangel
naturallyfreeMD2B
6 posters

Go down

Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews?? Empty Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews??

Post by naturallyfreeMD2B 16th October 2010, 2:55 pm

I just started using a new daily moisturizer because my hair seemed more oily than moisturized. So I just bout Organics by Africa's Best Maximum Strength Extra Virgin Olive Oil Moisturizing Growth Lotion. Just like any moisturizer I used before I always seal with coconut oil. So far it's OK but I can't really tell if it's doing the job. I was using Elasta QP Mango Butter which I LOVE but I read that it is considered a protein moisturizer. I was worried that using it daily would cause my hair to have too much protein and start breaking. Also, I have used the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie but after applying it the second day my hair had a little white film. I'm confused...Any ideas or comments on using either of these products as a daily moisturizer?

naturallyfreeMD2B

Back to top Go down

Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews?? Empty Re: Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews??

Post by jeanlouisangel 17th October 2010, 7:21 am

Hey Naturally Free, I am struggling to find a cream or lotion based moisturizer that I adore. I have tried many that are out there. But now I just wet with water and glycerine, or my favorite leave in, which is Jane Carter's or Carol Daughter's Black Vanilla, and then seal with oils lilke Coconut, Jojoba or JBCO. then I go. I find that is the best way to keep my hair moisturized and nice, especially in the cold climate I am in..Blessings Smile
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews?? Empty Re: Trying a New Daily Moisturizer...Any comments or reviews??

Post by kinksncurls 17th October 2010, 1:26 pm

I haven't used the organics so I wouldn't know. My suggestion with the protein in the mango butter would be to give it a try and see how it works for you. Everyone's hair reacts differently to protein. For instance, I have fairly thick strands (which should make me more sensitive to protein) and I was worried about using certain products with protein every day and I haven't had a problem with it. I just can't use a protein deep conditioner as a leave in conditioner.
I haven't tried the shea moisture smoothie, but I have tried the shea moisture milk and for me that is a great leave in. If you haven't tried in you should give it a try. I used that and then a butter to seal.
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 17th October 2010, 2:54 pm

qhemets biologic AOHC is the best cream based moisturizer evvvveerrrr!!! i just got mines last week and I've been in love ever since..its very thick so a little goes a long way..it leave my hair sooo soft and well moisturized..i use to love shea moisture smoothie but i think that line causes me to break out so i stopped using it..the only con about the smoothie was it did leave that white film and it didn't mix well with other products in my hair
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by curlya 17th October 2010, 6:26 pm

@rayray19 does qhemets biologic AOHC have protein in it? I've seen you mention it a couple of times and I want to order it; but my hair is protein sensitive.
curlya
curlya

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 17th October 2010, 6:34 pm

curlya wrote:@rayray19 does qhemets biologic AOHC have protein in it? I've seen you mention it a couple of times and I want to order it; but my hair is protein sensitive.

hmm im not to sure..its an all natural product line so i doubt it, but some organic lines do contain protein..my hair is not protein sensitive so it loves most products, so i never given that any thought

but this is some of the ingredients:

Key Ingredients: Our ultra thick cream contains Amla, Brahmi and African Aloe, premium Afro-Indian botanicals used for thousands of years to nourish the scalp and strengthen and condition hair. MSM sulfur nurtures follicles and encourages healthy hair growth, Mediterranean Olive Oil delivers emollience and lubricity while Vegetable Glycerin and pure African Castor Oil lends sheen, softness and intense moisture.
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by MsKayDee 17th October 2010, 9:06 pm

Hi,

I find that when I take olive oil (perhaps you can substitute for any oil) and take a small amount of shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and rub it together in my hands and apply to my hair, it helps to absorb it into my hair and i don't get a white film. I repeat that process for my entire heaqd until I have covered it all. Whenever I have tried to dilute the SMCES with water I feel it just sits on my hair and has that white film. Less is more with shea moisture smoothie! Ditto on RayRay's qhemet product--I have to too and use it in small does and look forward to using it more this winter.
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 25th October 2010, 3:41 am

Hi Naturally free, again..I found it Qhemet Biologics..the Heavy Cream, or the Burdock Root Butter Cream. You will be all set..trust. Much Blessings!
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down