CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with my Braid outs !!!

+2
rubylouisedesigns
Stephy0306
6 posters

Go down

Help with my Braid outs !!! Empty Help with my Braid outs !!!

Post by Stephy0306 15th October 2010, 11:57 am

Hi im new to this forum and i joined it because i love how every one gives great advice and support for growing your hair out natural. Ok so Smile .... this is my first month without a relaxer and i have some new growth but not alot. Ive been using braid outs as my transitioning hairstyle and at first i did my braid outs horrible. My hair is short but medium thick. And usually i do 4 rows which comes out to be like 12 braids. I want my curls to have more definition in the back but the back keeps coming out krinkly instead of as curly as the front do. but the back if i do the braids bigger the roots come out straight and the ends r curly. So the front comes out nice but the back doesnt lol. the products i use to do my braid outs is Carols Daughters "Healthy Hair Butter". I like it because it makes my hair soft when i take the braids out and help to give my hair definition. Plz help ! scratch Sad

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Help with my Braid outs !!! Empty Re: Help with my Braid outs !!!

Post by rubylouisedesigns 15th October 2010, 10:04 pm

Stephy0306 wrote:Hi im new to this forum and i joined it because i love how every one gives great advice and support for growing your hair out natural. Ok so Smile .... this is my first month without a relaxer and i have some new growth but not alot. Ive been using braid outs as my transitioning hairstyle and at first i did my braid outs horrible. My hair is short but medium thick. And usually i do 4 rows which comes out to be like 12 braids. I want my curls to have more definition in the back but the back keeps coming out krinkly instead of as curly as the front do. but the back if i do the braids bigger the roots come out straight and the ends r curly. So the front comes out nice but the back doesnt lol. the products i use to do my braid outs is Carols Daughters "Healthy Hair Butter". I like it because it makes my hair soft when i take the braids out and help to give my hair definition. Plz help ! scratch Sad

I had the same issue when I transitioned. I did a wash& then I used permrods (plastic rollers with rubber bands )or flex rods to do straw sets with them. Then sit under the dryer. They come in diff sizes so I would use the smaller in the back & bigger in front . Straw sets are heaven sent. Great way to get curls without a ton of fuss
sunny
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 16th October 2010, 8:16 pm

ok thx very much, im starting to feel like i want to perm my hair because im tired of not finding haristyles tht work well for me, its easier just to perm and get it blowed out at the salon, but im gonna try to stick with it.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by molove87 16th October 2010, 8:45 pm

Do you like any form of braids? micros, synegalese twists, sew-in.. It was overwhelming starting off, just trying to learn everything and figuring out what's going to work for my hair BLAH BLAH BLAH lol, so I kept putting hair styles in, of course with breaks in between.

About 9 months into my transition I started wearing my hair out, and I was SCARED! Only because this was the first time I had attempted to do my hair and was a lost pup Sad I couldn't relax it because they would have been time wasted and it wasn't worth it. I guess I'm trying to say be patient. Try twists, because braids DO NOT work for me, and if you still feel unlucky, put it away for a while and come back to it! Once I saw more of my new growth and could see what I was working with, I put my thinking cap on lol. I asked random natural heads I would see, YT, and the net has been my best friend.

Keep posting forums, the ladies here are so helpful. Don't give up.
molove87
molove87

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th October 2010, 9:14 am

Transitioning is all about patience and I'm not that creative so I turned to YT channels like PrettyDimples01 for inspiration. Since I didn't like to do my hair at all, I transitioned with partial and full weaves. Every six weeks I redid my installations and during the last three months I wore twist n curls using grey perm rods to blend the textures. I also keep a jar of CD's Healthy Hair Butter with me and use unrefined shea butter for sealing.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 17th October 2010, 10:05 am

Tha ladies, im gonna try, i 22 i have a hard time with patience... i like the braid out on me but when i go out side people stare at your hair like it looks crazy. lol My braid outs come out like a jerry curl/ curly fro. i want the curls to look more like curls and not stringy. The products i use is Cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and palmers coconut oil. I air dry then take a spray bottle, wet one section of my hair alittle and add those products and braid it. my hair comes out soft but the curls are not tht curly.

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 17th October 2010, 11:40 am

I just dont feel sexy ladies, plus i am a mom so im to busy , so i dont fix myself up everyday and the hairstyle is making it worst

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 17th October 2010, 4:17 pm

@Stephy: Perhaps you can try coil outs instead. I don't like the way my hair looks with braidouts and prefer twistouts instead.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravie11 18th October 2010, 3:13 am

I use a foam setting lotion and do twist outs and they turn out great.
Ravie11
Ravie11

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 18th October 2010, 9:03 am

I did my 1st twist out last night and everything was fine until I looked at the front.. Still trying to get that look where my hair looks so moisturized right now I am half and half.. So I was unhappy with the front and I just took my hair and pulled it back into a half ponytail and the back of it is curly.. But I won't give up.. This is my 1st time wearing my hair out I am 10 months going on 11 months.. I use Talijah Waajid Lock it up this stuff made my hair curly up instantly and I hadn't even started to twist it yet.. I also use Kimmay tube leave in.. My thing is I think I need to do my twist the way I plan to wear my hair..

Since my transitioning braidouts haven't worked for me either..

I am with you on the not feeling sexy I lost mine when I gained a lot of weight but you will get your sexy back just like I plan to get mine back. Just have to take at least 1 hrs for you and work on your twist outs and hairstyles.. I know its hard believe me.. I work a lot of OT and I have no kids but when I get home it's 7pm and my time is gone for that day already.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 19th October 2010, 6:46 pm

@ Letha.... yes me to im tryna get my braid outs to look more moisturized as well. Ya hair tooks great from ya pic tho

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down