CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Hair! Can I Henna it away??

3 posters

Go down

Grey Hair! Can I Henna it away?? Empty Grey Hair! Can I Henna it away??

Post by kimc 15th October 2010, 10:05 am

Can't stand the grey hair that I have. When I was locked my stylist would use a very dark rinse to cover the grey. Now that I am loose, and doing most of my own hair care, will Henna wash that grey right out of my hair? What is the best Henna to use? What are the risks? Thank you confused
kimc
kimc

http://imakinkygurl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Grey Hair! Can I Henna it away?? Empty Re: Grey Hair! Can I Henna it away??

Post by Free2Be 15th October 2010, 4:07 pm

I use Celebration Henna from Mehandi.com

It is the best for covering MY gray hairs, which, in fact are snow white, not gray. LOL I'll see if I can post a close-up so you can see how bright it makes them. I have used henna for 6-8 mos., about once a month and it's supposed to darken over time, but on brand new grays, it's as red/orange as ever. So be wary of that.

If I decide not to henna again, but get a rinse or other color, I'd be happy to send you a box I have left of the Celebration henna. I'll let you know via PM.

*I just took these with my webcam, so they're a bit dark. But I bet you can seee the orange, right? And this is 2 weeks post-henna. Again, it only shows up on the gray hairs this brightly and like I said, my gray is really bright white, so it drinks up the color. Not really the look I'm going for, but I'm still afraid to use real hair dye. Hope this helps you make a decision.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Free2Be on 15th October 2010, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding henna photos)
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 15th October 2010, 4:15 pm

I use henna on my gray! I mix mine with various things to alternate the reddish color of henna. I have used beet juice straight from a can of beets to get a auburn color. I have used carrot juice to get strawberry blondish color. Most recently I have used coffee- darkens the orange to more of an auburnish red color.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 15th October 2010, 4:30 pm

Nyla, did the coffee give you a headache? When I used Cocoa I had a headache for a day after.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 15th October 2010, 4:59 pm

No- i didnt get a headache at all!! My gray grows fast so I am planning to henna every 2 weeks!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down