CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Products for Hold

2 posters

Go down

Products for Hold Empty Products for Hold

Post by Ms.Fenty 13th October 2010, 9:53 pm

Hi Ladies, recently my braid outs have not been lasting as long as they used to, I can generally save it by re-braiding just the front every 2-3 days. But I want it to last as long as it used to Crying or Very sad . I've been using Motions light styling foam for about the last 5-6 months of my journey, but coming up on the 9th month it's not working as well anymore. Anyway, I tried some ecostyler yesterday on just the front section and it came out really good. But when I think of gel on my hair from root to tip, I think breakage, especially on fragile transitioning hair.

So in your opinion(s) is it okay to use gel for my braid outs? Do any of you ladies use gel to hold a braid out or twist out with/without consequences?
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Products for Hold Empty Re: Products for Hold

Post by Treece 14th October 2010, 5:12 pm

Alcohol free gel is fine my opinion. I use Eco styler for my braid outs, your don't need a whole lot. I put a moisturizer and an oil on before the gel. I also wash my hair out every other day, or every day. Eco styler comes off very nice with just water, but I condition too after. Some ladies have noticed dryness after a year of using Fantasia IC everyday. If used sparingly any alcohol free gel should be fine.

Rebraiding hair at night can just take a few minutes, just take a clump of hair, wet/moisturize it (don't make it soaking wet) so it can set over night, and put on a silk cap. This can save you from using gel every single day. I'm not a big fan of letting things like gel stay on my head for more than 2 days.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 14th October 2010, 11:13 pm

Thanks for your input... It looks like you just did your BC 3 days ago? Congrats!!! Your hair looks really good

But anyway I do use the methods you mentioned for re-braiding at night, but I'm thinking that seems to defeat the purpose of low manipulation, also it takes me much more than a few minutes to re-braid my SUPER THICK and tightly coiled hair. I guess its partly my own laziness but I just want to throw on a satin cap and go to bed, like I used to....
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 15th October 2010, 12:23 am

Thanks for the compliment. Smile And you're welcome, I tried to help. Razz

Have you tried just 2 large braids or twists? if your hair can fit. I know what you mean about being lazy though, sometimes the night can get away from you and then you're too tired. I haven't tried pinning my hair up at night (and I think it's too short) but that may work??

Maybe some other ladies can come through with more thoughts.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down