CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go

3 posters

Go down

1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go Empty 1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go

Post by DreamMerchant 11th October 2010, 11:15 pm

So I am doing the good ol' search and destroy method. I have been doing it since the 1st of October. I have been cutting 100 split, damaged, knotted up, bubbled hairs a day. I but my hair into four quadrants (hmm, 4 sections. I have been teaching math too long). I cut 25 hairs per section. I am hoping to do this until 1 Jan 11. It was either do this or cut 3 inches off my hair. If I cut 100 damaged hairs per day until 1 Jan 11, then I do not deserve to have hair on my head. I have not properly trimmed in years. This is what I get. Sad

Last edited by DreamMerchant on 12th October 2010, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go Empty Re: 1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go

Post by natural83 11th October 2010, 11:26 pm

You must've been reading my mind! lol! Earlier today, I was just saying how I need to do this! (A search & destroy cut). My thing is, I really don't know how to do one because I've never done it on my own. The last time I got a trim was about a year ago, and although I doesn't seem as if I need one, Im sure I do! So how do you go about doing it, as far as knowing what to cut off? Im soooo lost when it comes to that part! I keep contemplating on whether or not I should go to the salon and get a light trim, or do it myself. Im leaning more toward doing it myself, I just hope it doesn't look uneven! Lol!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go Empty Re: 1000 damaged hairs gone, 9000 more to go

Post by Treece 12th October 2010, 1:26 am

Yikes Dream, it seems like you've got your work cut out for you ahead. But at least you can go from there and trim regularly after all this. Smile
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 12th October 2010, 9:58 pm

natural83 wrote:You must've been reading my mind! lol! Earlier today, I was just saying how I need to do this! (A search & destroy cut). My thing is, I really don't know how to do one because I've never done it on my own. The last time I got a trim was about a year ago, and although I doesn't seem as if I need one, Im sure I do! So how do you go about doing it, as far as knowing what to cut off? Im soooo lost when it comes to that part! I keep contemplating on whether or not I should go to the salon and get a light trim, or do it myself. Im leaning more toward doing it myself, I just hope it doesn't look uneven! Lol!

I grab a handful of hair and loo at each strand and then cut. I "trimmed" an inch off about 2 months ago but that was just the ends. I can see my damaged hairs really well if I am cutting my ends infront of the computer that has a white background. They really stand out. I look all the way up as far as I can and then snip the bad parts. Ugh, I cannot believe I waited so long.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down