CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nubienatty

+59
nattyblog
QuietButterfly
Serenity23
curlsunfurled
priceless
Notthecoolmom
coilykinks
swoodward
mrsmackey
NhappyJackie
jamaicacurl
NylaCoils
iri9109
krazy coils
TMS
.:Eden:.
CurlsGalore
LadyMika
crvng4mr
Curly_Aquarius
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
mstokes2008
newcurlieque
Nikcoils
missmoriah
sunbaby
AfrikanLatina
tashafawn24
tiashaunteƩ
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
DvaAuNaturel
traveljunkie08
Cherry: extraordinary!
Muz
LaToya28
ktoliver5303
Juices-n-Berries
KinkyNappyHappy
MahoganyCurls
MellowOne
Lynnieluve
Karyn
bholmes87
CocaColaCutie
BlondeByDesire
Intelligentbeauty
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
neethair
SheeTacular
curly+kinky+fierce
dajewel
ChrsLvsBks
CocoEuro
Blackbeauty
FierceNerd
NubieNatty
63 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

nubienatty - Page 38 Empty Re: nubienatty

Post by neethair 6th June 2010, 7:03 pm

Hey Chica-

You are off the hook. LMAO... but it was good seeing you and all of the DC Divas. AK... Danny Davito... REALLY *head to the side*,

nubienatty - Page 38 Dannyd-guessitsdannyLMAO we are sooo goin to fight...I love me sum Nubie......

Both you and Dva's skin looked great. So jealous! You know you work at MAC as the lead make-up artist so stop fakin like you are a newbie to the make-up game.

The owl bag is hot. I can see you Rockin it.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 10:32 am

@mika; yall NY meetups should be huuuuuge!

@neet; lmaooooo stop it...OMG!!

@swood; umm yea im definitely not gonna keep searchin for those, that maybe a "buy it now" if i find it on ebay nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_neutral u are so bad and its rubbin off on me!

@jc; isnt it funny how somethin just grabs ur attn and u start to obsess over it...weird!! those owls have been naggin me since i seen it in my backyard but whats even more crazy is...i had already started buyin the owl accessories in Jan...hmmm nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_scratch

Sooooo, today i was so inspired by hurricane, coco n the anonymous fro haver, from the meetup i decided...hmm maybe i should rock mine too! i had been TRYIN to keep it up lately since experiencing shedding but since its starting to get so hot, im bout to start doin wngo's every 2-3 days. well....i meant to do that last week but it came out so good i ended up keepin it for 5 days, EEEK!!

i had took a break from my qhemets to try my hairveda order and since i ended up w/good results i ended up NOT washin that out n stretchin it too **sigh** darn u for bein so good (green tea butter, almond glaze n cocasta oil nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_mad ) i did also use some of my sampled whipped clouds **siiiiiigh** it should be a crime for products to be too good cuz its gonna cause me to go bankrupt! i did recently add the sitrinillah dc to my order...Y??? cuz i just love dc'in and im gonna be dc'in more than ever this summer.

im really tryin to narrow my products down by the time i approach my year anniversary. after hearing how pammy pie (kbn) had to throw away most of stash from goin bad, im startin to re-evaluate my pj-ism cuz my drawers are getting heavy and i notice the consistency of using the same products are more effective (as well as keepin em in protective styles) So my goal is to get down to my TOP 3 of everything; poos, condish (well this may vary to more than 3) dc and stylers. my top 2 gels so far is eco and kbn lavendar so im on the hunt for my 3rd. Any oils i will always keep in stock but i just come to this conclusion becuz since ive swung my overtime funds to makeup now nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_rolleyes (thnx makeup thread) and other accessories...i would HATE to be investing so much into products only for them to go bad later. So after my oyin purchase this month (or next) im definitely goin back on the Stash Challenge, i gotta take it one day at a time.

i wanted yall to enjoy the "silouette" of my fro
nubienatty - Page 38 ?attid=0

Stay Tuned this week for my NEW vents!! i got 3 so far nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 10:45 am

Morning Nubie!! Just stopping by to say hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Smile

Oh, and I feel you on having to use products, I had to throw away a lot of body stuff because I've had it for YEARS and I'm clearly not going to use it. All of that money gone to waste. ~sigh~ luckily I don't have that same problem with hair stuff yet (except some Carol's Daughter stuff I decided to try while relaxed that I'm just going to get rid of). That's another reason I want to find stuff locally, it tends to be less expensive than buying stuff online, which means I won't feel as bad when I don't use it all. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th June 2010, 11:52 am

love the pics!!!! hahaha nubie...guess what...my hair is twisted up again. LOL. good seeing you girl!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th June 2010, 6:48 pm

Hey Nubie, hope Mon was good.

I can't see the pics!

I like that idea of finding your top 3. And I agree that using products that work over time gives you a better outcome...I think I might know what my top 2 are and maybe even 3 of some things.

Stash Challenge? Ain't happening unless someone takes my paycheck!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 7th June 2010, 10:46 pm

Can't see the pics Sad I 'm sure they are lovely Nubie! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by curly-me-naturally 8th June 2010, 12:30 am

I know what you mean about the Make up !!! arrggggg! cause now I'm buying make up .....and Miss Nubie its some part your fault , your make up be on point !

I already wear the false lashes , but I didn't care for the eye shadow , but seeing you and some of the other ladies . now I'm trying to be cute too ! lol

But now some of my product stash cash is on make up.
curly-me-naturally
curly-me-naturally

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th June 2010, 12:34 am

Oh man! I was SO looking forward to seeing your pics, but I couldn't either! I wanted to say that you looked really cute at the meet up. You all seemed to have a lot of fun!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th June 2010, 3:10 am

Hey Nubie! I've been looking into the Oil Cleansing Method. I'm going to start using it this week. How has it been working for you?

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th June 2010, 10:41 am

hmm, i wonder why yall cant see my pics from yesterday nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_scratch

MONDAY PICS...TAKE 2:

nubienatty - Page 38 Mon_pi10

nubienatty - Page 38 Mon_pi12

nubienatty - Page 38 Mon_pi13

hopefully, that works better! i think i was in lazy mode cuz it didnt download correctly so i just did the "cut n paste" from my email.

@curlyme; so do u do ur own lashes or get em done? i wanted to do some lashes again but i KNOW i aint got a steady hand to do em myself. i even had a nerve to feel bold enuff to get a DIY lash kit from target ($5) and its been sittin for a good 2-3 yrs now. i just feel like if i attempt it myself i'll be all up in somebody face thinkin im cute n the next thing i know a piece of lash is fallin off lookin crazy. i did go to Ming Lee to get em done ONE time but im not careful enuff to remember to wash n be gentle around my eyes when i wash my face nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_neutral , needless to say...after a good week or 2 i went to have em removed and the solution burned my dmn eyes and i cant stand ANYTHING bein close to my eyeballs cuz my reflexes are horrible so i kept flinchin...all i could think about was that scene in the Ray Charles movie when he was a kid n his vision got blurry! EEEK! the eye gunk... nubienatty - Page 38 Affraid

@eden; heeeey girl. i love the ocm cuz its easy n its a breeze! normally i do castor n evoo but in a pinch i use just plain ol' avocado oil which i also love in itself cuz its thick. i need to work on gettin more consistent with it becuz i normally do it AFTER i see a pimple. like i havent done one since last week but i know i need to step it up cuz its gettin warm. i'll probably switch to using my aveeno cleanser and moisturize w/coconut in the am n doin an oil cleanse at night n moisturize w/my hair butter.

soooooo, im oh so tired cuz i stayed up watchin the Hip Hop Honors last night!! OOOOOOMMMMMMGG!! i always get so HYPE when i watch any type of hip hop award shows but definitely the honors cuz i retreat back to the good ol' days. u know how an old song can remind u of a certain point of time in ur life? well the beginning of cash money n no limit days was basically my high school times. i enjoyed every minute **crip walking** so since it was for the south, i guess i wasnt hype but "crunk". then of course my babydaddy's was all performing; master p (always had a crush on him for some strange reason), bone crusher and rick ross (i want to rub their bellies) and nelly! **sigh** when 50 cent gains his weight back he can get back on my "get it" list.

so anyhoo, i can talk about my pro's n con's on award shows all day..but since im on it...i'll say that 1. i didnt know mystikal was out of jail and im so glad he cut them 3 braids he had on his head; 2. im SO mad master p didnt perform my favorite song "where the hot girls at, right ch'ere, right ch'ere, ova de're uuuuuuh" (sn: his brother silk the shocker is STILL a borin azz rapper nubienatty - Page 38 Sleep ) 3. i want trina's body nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_silent and THANX to Uncle Luke for my first class of sex education!!

Also, while im on the subject...what is this "beef" wit nikki minaj n lil kim nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_scratch cuz in MY OPINION this new barbie is definitely no competition for the queen bee and both of em need to knock it off before my girl fox boogie come n rip both of em up. WHERE U AT EVE!!! thats the only thing on the radio yesterday when i went home was their "beef" cuz of what drake said...ok why are we entertaining his bum azz again? yes, he got some crazy metaphors and i MIGHT even get his album...actually no i wont cuz its all gonna be on the radio, but is he really whats hot right now...cuz he can put together metaphors? well dmn it i can too...

**picks up mic**
**dougie fresh beat box**

hmm, lemme see where do i start, i just dropped my keys but it aint alicia's...im sitting at work wonderin how to keep uh...dolla in my pocket cuz i think i have a problem but it aint nothin ur man's money cant solve and...dmn im hungry-hungry for a taco...the bell just rung and i gotta go-hold up..just like a robber; im bout to take a nap and im gonna slobber!

**drops mic**
CALL ME AN OLD MANS TOOTH CUZ IM GONE!!

annnnnnd SCENE!!

ok so back to hair news, i've been doin pretty much...nothing! i oiled my scalp yesterday w/my afroveda shikakai, massaged my scalp and rubbed a dime size of koils butter in my hand n ran it thoroughout my hair. i hate how my hair gets fuzzier n more straight at the top so i normally throw in some chunky twist at night...umm, i didnt do that last night nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_rolleyes . so i just threw up the sides n called it a day! i'll probably co-wash it tomorrow n throw in some more chunky twist and friday will be my "works" day; i'll probably recreate another washngo w/the eco again n band the top to do again...chunky twist! i'll do it first thing in the morning tho' cuz i know it takes a minute to dry AND i'll rake more in the back too! more than likely i'll use my qhemets! i kinda been on n off w/it this month.

nubienatty - Page 38 My_poo10

oh so for the ladies in the dmv who went to previous meetups, i have an update from koily k (karen); she's still proud of her lazyness n low maintenance hair. she relies HEAVILY on the puff (and a headband nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_mad ...im gonna break her out of that one day) but anyhoo, she found a place in va (somewhere in woodbridge) that does twists n outs for $40. mind u...she's done them HERSELF but u know how sometimes u just want to find someone to trust to relax n have em do the work for you...her favorite staple is still the organix coconut serum and she has surprisingly ventured off into makin the eco custard. her hair is about as long if not a tad longer than mine but her shrinkage is ridick. nonetheless, she has a gorgeous head of curls, very thick and extremely coily...all over! she's around the forums here n there but she's not as obsessed as me so i always update her on the scoop! lol

nubienatty - Page 38 Karen_10

Ta-Ta laydeez!! im off to see where i can come up w/$200 for the new iphone...EEEK!! u know how stuff i can buy from ebay for that!! nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_neutral i would say hair products too but my last brand im buying is oyin and some bnb (for some henna n oils). other than that...my pj-ism will be on PAUSE!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 10:56 am

Love the rap. I missed the awards show. I will have to catch up with it later. I know they are going to play it to death.

Cute hair accessory!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 8th June 2010, 11:00 am

lmao. i can't deal with your rapping...call me an old man's tooth cuz i'm gone...really nubie...omg...i'm dying..

thanks for the update on koily k! i meant to ask you about her! her hair is doing great!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 8th June 2010, 11:04 am

nubienatty - Page 38 Lol Nubie, you stupid!!! Bwahahaha!!! You should get you a deal! Seems like it's nothing to get a deal these days. I hardly listen to the radio anymore down here. All they play is Drake, Lil Wayne, and Rihanna...ALL DAY LONG on friggin' repeat! Ugh! I get so sick of hearing them! Some music is just straight gar-bage (in French) now. I guess since I'm getting old the slow jam station and Pandora is what I work with. LMAO! I missed the HHH awards. I'm sure it will be on repeat. You know VH1 does!

Your hair looks nice a soft! Cute twistout!!!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th June 2010, 11:39 am

Hey Nubie,

I missed the awards show too but will catch it another time. Your hair looks soft and fluffy in yesterday's pics.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th June 2010, 1:00 pm

lol, thanx guyz!

so have yall read ur coil review this month?

http://www.thecoilreview.com/tcr-final/

they have some good articles in there, one that caught my eye; which i thought was for us pj's! i thought it was ironic that i had JUST talked about curving my obsession and to read this article "rehab for ringlets: calculator challenge" just made me CONFIRM what i was already thinking. So this week im gonna do an overhaul of products and really break my stash down. i think i accummulate so much and hold on to them vs giving em away becuz i fear that once i pass it on, i'll want it back and miss em. YES IM STINGY!! it took alot for me to give cherry my faaaavorite gel from koilsbn but it also felt good to know it would benefit another newbie who's goin thru the same twa stage i once belong to. But what do ya know, AFTER i read the article kbb sends me an email about some dmn $5 shipping **biting lip** i......just.....cant!!

Annnnnd i also thought of crissy q when i read "relax, relate, revert" lol. i know how it feels to be in a rut about the same ol' style. here u are sittin wit a twa n ur lookin at pics all day of gorgeous, creative styles from other laydeez saying "thats what i want to do". i can scream patience, patience, patience all day only becuz i know from personal experience but its definitely easier said than done.

soooo when u guys get a chance check out the coil review this month, they have some good reads! ok im off to check the rest of my blogs cuz i wasnt able to get to em yesterday! THEN i'll be back to check on yall...again...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th June 2010, 1:11 pm

Hey Nubie...

Thanks for sharing the link. I've already decided and I plan to add up what I've spent on products since I've been natural and I plan to save that amount before I buy another product!! So I'm getting what I need this month because I start this July 1st...pray for me!! LOL

Love you Monday hair du!! Too cute...I'm rushing but I'll be back to catch up on what I've missed since Friday!!

Later!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 8th June 2010, 1:58 pm

Girl you are too much lol! I give up on the rap!
Dang it I missed the honours show too! I'll catch it on repeat. Your har looked great (the Monday pics).
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 8th June 2010, 3:45 pm

Hey! I'm a follower of "Thank God I'm Natural" on FB and saw she has some photos posted of you from the meetup you guys had on Saturday! Cute pics.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th June 2010, 3:59 pm

Serenity23 wrote:Hey! I'm a follower of "Thank God I'm Natural" on FB and saw she has some photos posted of you from the meetup you guys had on Saturday! Cute pics.
I checked the pictures out on her site. Thanks for mentioning this S23.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 8th June 2010, 4:04 pm

.:Eden:. wrote:
NubieNatty wrote:my BH Original, i loooove this piece becuz of course yall know i like my B.A.B.s (big azz bows) and this piece reminds me im not an old head...yet, so i get to escape back to my youngin days and i cant wait to rock this wit a simple denim outfit.
nubienatty - Page 38 My_goo11

I am so hatin right now. I'm still waitin on my bow and goodies confused
Sooooo sorry Eden!!! nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_sad I seriously will get on it! I didn't wanna send you an invoice and then you not get the package for months and months (like everyone else did. Sorry guys!)

But believe me I'm gonna crank them out once graduation is over and done with! Only got one more final this Friday *wiping my brow*
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 8th June 2010, 4:28 pm

BH; u need an assistant, lol
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th June 2010, 4:29 pm

Hey Nubie...with yo shy self! nubienatty - Page 38 Icon_razz

I gotta get my travel budget on deck...I wanna see all these faces in person, too! It looked like so much FUN! I would have to live way out here in Cali!!! SMH

Love the pics!!!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 8th June 2010, 6:35 pm

lmao @ the rap...Drake jive is gettin washed up...a YM contract is the devil lol cuz Nicki was nice before she was a Youg Money "Barbie"...and Drake is still decent but he was wayyyyyy better while he was still underground & the only ppl who knew who he was were ppl who watched Degrassi & prolly didnt even know he rapped...i hate how artists i like get corrupted by mainstream...if that happens to Wale i'm huntin somebody down!!!!!!!!!! Lupe too lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th June 2010, 6:56 pm

You are a fool. i am glad you dont drink because you will have me bustn a gut if you did.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 8th June 2010, 7:44 pm

Cut, Cut, nubie we're going to have to do that whole rap scene over again.
I need more passion, more intensity, dig down deep
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum