CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call me ignorant.....

+2
curl_Gurl
cluelesscurl
6 posters

Go down

Call me ignorant..... Empty Call me ignorant.....

Post by cluelesscurl 7th October 2010, 1:37 pm

What the hell is a texlax?? I know it's in the name but, what's the benefit of doing this. I'm sure chemicals are involved. When I was relaxed I never heard of this. How long has this been around? Yes, I've been under a rock. LOL

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Call me ignorant..... Empty Re: Call me ignorant.....

Post by curl_Gurl 7th October 2010, 1:47 pm

Texlaxing - Allowing the relaxer to loosen the curl pattern by leaving it on for a short amount of time making it easily manageable, not necessarily straight.

"Texlaxed" hair is a term that was coined in the Internet hair world to describe a hair texture that falls between texturized curls and chemically relaxed, straight hair. "Texlaxing" is the intentional underprocessing of hair with a relaxer chemical, and is typically done to create volume, body, and texture in relaxed hair.

resource: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2359794/how_to_texlax_your_hair_simple_texlaxing.html?cat=69
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 7th October 2010, 2:15 pm

I must've been living under a rock as well I never knew what it meant Laughing

Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 7th October 2010, 3:11 pm

[quote="curl_Gurl"]Texlaxing - Allowing the relaxer to loosen the curl pattern by leaving it on for a short amount of time making it easily manageable, not necessarily straight.

"Texlaxed" hair is a term that was coined in the Internet hair world to describe a hair texture that falls between texturized curls and chemically relaxed, straight hair. "Texlaxing" is the intentional underprocessing of hair with a relaxer chemical, and is typically done to create volume, body, and texture in relaxed hair.

resource: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2359794/how_to_texlax_your_hair_simple_texlaxing.html?cat=69 [/quote]

Thanks, all I can say is WOW!!! To each his own.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 7th October 2010, 4:14 pm

I didn't know what it was either. Further question. Is texlaxed the same thing as a texturizer (sp)? Because a long time ago I think/thought a previous hair dresser mentioned this to me as a possibility if I didn't want a relaxer, but I was under the impression it was it's own um, chemical process separate from a relaxer.

Oh, and what was that thing Debbie Allen used to sell on TV? I can't even remember the name, but I used it and noticed no difference in my hair. I thought that was a texturizer too.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th October 2010, 4:17 pm

I only knew because someone told me before I saw the term on the blogs/boards.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 7th October 2010, 4:28 pm

Oh, and what was that thing Debbie Allen used to sell on TV? I can't even remember the name, but I used it and noticed no difference in my hair. I thought that was a texturizer too.
Wow! I am so glad your hair wasn't damaged by that. Lot's of women suffered setbacks and severe hair loss and scarring of the scalp.

I can't remember if Debbie Allen plugged Copa or Rio. They were both supposed to be made from "natural" ingredients.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 7th October 2010, 6:10 pm

I've never heard of that term. I've heard of a Texturizer but I guess that's just a variation of that word.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down