CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burned scalp from press n curl

2 posters

Go down

Burned scalp from press n curl Empty Burned scalp from press n curl

Post by thetiffany 5th October 2010, 3:13 pm

one of my very good friends, almost a year ago went to see a dermatoligsit because she noticed her hair was thinning and had actually bald spots on the top of her head, more like the middle top part. thedermatologist biopsied her scalp and diagnosed her with a type of alopecia caused by heat burning. my friend told her stylist and asked that she be more gentle with the heat.

here we ae a year later and my friend is still having the same problem. shes contemplating leaving her stylist. i told her it would be no choice for me, as i would have been left her when she disregared my wishes. my friend has been seeing this stylist for 8 years or so and the stylist has always done what she wanted to do with my friends hair regardless of my friends wishes.

this is a mess and i cant believe people go through this. just had to share..

oh and i will add, thank God I am natural! even when my hair was pressed, i never had this happen. granted i only pressed my hair about once every 2 months, my friend goes every 2 weeks faithfully
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Burned scalp from press n curl Empty Re: Burned scalp from press n curl

Post by FalconTress 5th October 2010, 5:24 pm

type of alopecia caused by heat burning
The same thing happened to my mom. It was heartbreaking for me to see what had happened. The only thing I want to hear sizzle is bacon! My mom left her stylist, is now natural and does her own hair. Whether your friend finds another stylist or takes control of her hair, I hope she leaves before more damage is done. Some people have such strong emotional ties to their stylist that it is hard to break away. The refusal to do my hair the way I want it done would be a deal breaker for me day one.
Even if she doesn't listen to you, she is fortunate to have a friend who cares.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down