CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like???

2 posters

Go down

Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like??? Empty Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like???

Post by Kez 5th October 2010, 11:15 am

Hey everyone,

Ok, so only about 6wks into this all, im unsure as to what my hair really does and doesnt like product wise. . . For example, I know when i had a dry scalp this year and used Medicated Shampoo like T-Gel or others, my hair haited that as it was obviously stripped of every ounce of moisture it had to rid the dry skin - so i know that, but that was so obvious, i couldnt not notice.

But how can i really tell with others, nothing is screaming out at me as to 'dont use me' which i guess is good, all i have basically done is eliminate as many sulphates and cones as i can and Polyquantariums - basically, because I picked that tip up off this website (though I know some of you dont mind cones) - however, I dont really know if my hair likes or dislikes them to be honest - however, my hair is feeling the best it has felt in a long while so, thats gotta be a good sign right!

I use Moisturisers and hair seems pretty happy, current one is Olive Oil Moisturiser, though a little greasy if I naughtily fondle my hair after for a while, it does moisturise, so the fact im finding it a tad greasy, would that indicate maybe change it ...?

Just looking for some easy to follow tips to help me along the way, i know a lot is trial and error over a long period of time, but an extra advise would be great!

Many thanks
Kez xxxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like??? Empty Re: Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like???

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th October 2010, 12:25 pm

Keep a journal of what you have used and how your hair felt and/or looked. After this, write down the first five ingredients in the products you have used.

I, too, can use about anything in my hair without any adverse reactions. Your texture is likely medium. Each strand is neither fine nor coarse.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like??? Empty Re: Best and easiest way of knowing what my hair does/doesnt like???

Post by Kez 5th October 2010, 12:28 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Keep a journal of what you have used and how your hair felt and/or looked. After this, write down the first five ingredients in the products you have used.

I, too, can use about anything in my hair without any adverse reactions. Your texture is likely medium. Each strand is neither fine nor coarse.
Thanks Chrs as always, good and simple idea. . . .

I have decided today i cant and sharn't bother using Lusters Pink Gel, i find it awful (must be why it was so cheap lol!) My hair feels drier than normal, which one does not like Mad
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down