CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions

3 posters

Go down

Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions Empty Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions

Post by AdriEm 2nd October 2010, 7:33 pm

Hello again all, I might be getting some braids or twists - haven't decided which yet - next weekend. The last time I had them was almost 3 years ago and I had relaxed hair so I would've handled thigns differently then. I was wondering if you could tell me how to go about maintaining them for at least 2 or 3 weeks. The thing about my scalp is that it gets itchy quite quickly and I wash it once a week and co-wash (if I have time) twice a week. Basically I just want to make sure I'm not driving myself mad with an itchy scalp so question:

How do I keep them and my scalp and real hair clean and moisturized?

Thanks in advance everyone,
AdriEm
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions Empty Re: Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions

Post by AdriEm 3rd October 2010, 10:28 pm

LOL Wow nobody had any advice? Okay thanks anyways guys.
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions Empty Re: Maintaining Braids/Twists with extensions

Post by vivacious00 4th October 2010, 1:58 am

I've seen some say they apply castor oil to their scalp to prevent itchiness/dryness. I experienced dry scalp and dandruff when i was getting perms, but i haven't found that to be the case since my last perm in '09. HTH
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 4th October 2010, 6:41 am

I wash my twists every other week. I section off in four sections. Shampoo the scalp only and use my detachable shower head to rinse but I dont allow the ends to become saturated (dont want the hair to be weighed down and cause too much tension and also dont want my hair to frizz too much). I then apply the kimmaytube leave in to my hair and scalp. In between washes I apply Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave In Spray to keep my scalp moisturized and fresh. If my hair feels extra dry I'll apply some olive oil or jojoba oil to my scalp.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by AdriEm 4th October 2010, 5:03 pm

Thanks so much, this helps tons!
@vivacious00: I refuse to use castor oil since my hair's already so thick and I don't necessarily want it any thicker right now.

@mahoganytresses: thank you, any specific shampoo or just any regular one?
AdriEm
AdriEm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down