CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FEELING UGLY!

+3
Nikcoils
suqiit
ayeshakeisha77
7 posters

Go down

FEELING UGLY! Empty FEELING UGLY!

Post by ayeshakeisha77 1st October 2010, 2:44 pm

I'm so frustrated. I've been transitioning for 8months and I just paid $90 at a natural hair salon for a roller-set that honestly I could have done at home. I went for a BC but had heat damage so I didn't go through with it. The hair style is so ugly on me. I want to go get two strand twist with extensions but its going to cost me $170. Should I pay to get my hair done so I can feel better or should I just suck it up and make the hairstyle work. I feel so down right now my confidence is like zero right now. Naturals please help! What would you do?
ayeshakeisha77
ayeshakeisha77

Back to top Go down

FEELING UGLY! Empty Re: FEELING UGLY!

Post by suqiit 1st October 2010, 3:25 pm

I'm sorry that you are feeling down about your hair. We all have bad hair days and it really can take a toll on us. If you have additional heat damage to grow out, then I say try kinky twist. There are lots of tutorials on youtube, you shouldn't have to pay $170 for them!
suqiit
suqiit

Back to top Go down

Post by ayeshakeisha77 1st October 2010, 3:26 pm

@ SUQIIT-THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT!
ayeshakeisha77
ayeshakeisha77

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st October 2010, 3:32 pm

ayeshakeisha77 wrote:@ SUQIIT-THANKS I WILL CHECK IT OUT!

Check out Blackonyx kinky twist tut on youtube it is very good.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 1st October 2010, 3:32 pm

sorry i meant yarn braids.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ayeshakeisha77 1st October 2010, 3:47 pm

@npmoore04 will do! Thanks.
ayeshakeisha77
ayeshakeisha77

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 1st October 2010, 9:15 pm

You can also checkout prettydimples01 on the tube this girl does some AMZAZING styles trust me you will not be disappointed I had no clue how to style my hair at times and watched some of her tuts. I understand your frustration I've been there. Stay positive we are here for ya. Good luck

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 1st October 2010, 9:49 pm

I agree with everyone else about looking at the tutorials. Just remember your hair may not turn out exactly the same ( you have had enough disappointment). Stay away from scissors and don't make any rash decisions right now. Instead of spending $170 so soon after a recent salon letdown, I suggest that you go and at least try on some wigs. Just for fun, do some role laying and try out some styles. You don't have to buy anything. Take some photos on your phone. Treat yourself to a little lunch at one of your fav restaurants.
Start a hair journal so you can track what works, etc.
Just like cluelesscurl said stay positive (this too shall pass), we are here for you and I would add that most of us have had a bad experience.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st October 2010, 10:05 pm

Ditto all the other comments. Also, I have been becoming aware of how the great role scarves, and hair ornaments can really turn what we think are lemons into lemonade (bad hair days). Take a look at Kimmaytube's video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSscmZXAnLU and moptopmaven's video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-WV1pduSc. I wore a scarf like the one moptop demonstrated and got compliments.

I spent all day last Saturday from about 10am until about 7pm doing my hair, trying new products and treatments and the outcome was a "haystack." It did not frustrate me. I didn't get upset. I learned some valuable lessons. But, I think the most important lessons on this natural journey are 1) patience 2) we are women are connected to each other 3we have other disappointments in other areas of our life and this hair journey is no exception. Just decide to yourself some days you will be pleased with your hair and some days you will not and don't let it get you down. And when all else fails, listen to Ms. Idia Arie at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYarYhKa9c&feature=related

Keep your head up sista. We are in this thing together in the good and the bad

Peace

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 1st October 2010, 10:39 pm

scarves, and hair ornaments can really turn what we think are lemons into lemonade (bad hair days).

lots of new silk scarves at TJ Maxx

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st October 2010, 10:50 pm

There is one near me. Guess I'll add TJ Maxx on my things to do list for tomorrow Very Happy

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd October 2010, 8:46 pm

I h8te my hair 2 lol...i did a big chop bacc in July this year and it seems like it mayb grew 1/2 an inch Mad but ne wayz i want'd braids for the fall/winter, but it lookz like i'mma b stickn' 2 wigs and weaves as a protective style......good luck w/ urs tho Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by ayeshakeisha77 3rd October 2010, 10:00 pm

Awww Thank you ladies so soo much for the advice. This is so cool that you guys totally understand. All of you are right. Im going to have patience and just be determined to keep with the goal. I'll def look at the videos, check out the scarves, and start that hair jornal. Great ideas ladies. I'll def keep you guys posted. I feel better already. Very Happy
ayeshakeisha77
ayeshakeisha77

Back to top Go down

Post by ayeshakeisha77 3rd October 2010, 10:00 pm

Awww Thank you ladies so soo much for the advice. This is so cool that you guys totally understand. All of you are right. Im going to have patience and just be determined to keep with the goal. I'll def look at the videos, check out the scarves, and start that hair jornal. Great ideas ladies. I'll def keep you guys posted. I feel better already. Very Happy
ayeshakeisha77
ayeshakeisha77

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 3rd October 2010, 10:19 pm

Hair accessories can make a big difference. My advice is to learn to work with it rather than running back to a stylist.

Glad you're feeling better already! Smile
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down