CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thick, long hair drying and cold weather

4 posters

Go down

Thick, long hair drying and cold weather Empty Thick, long hair drying and cold weather

Post by naturallynola 30th September 2010, 9:00 am

Just wondering how you ladies alter your routine to minimize exposing your wet hair to the cold, this includes going to sleep with wet hair during late fall and winter months. Do you increase your hair dryer use, etc.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Thick, long hair drying and cold weather Empty Re: Thick, long hair drying and cold weather

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th September 2010, 11:31 am

I will either cleanse or dampen my hair at night. I also plop with a flour sack (purchase from Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond or similar stores found in hand/dish towel section of stores) for a few minutes to soak up excess water &/or products.

Also, I typically wear PS in the fall and winter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Thick, long hair drying and cold weather Empty Re: Thick, long hair drying and cold weather

Post by naturallynola 30th September 2010, 11:53 am

Do you use hair dryers? If you sit under the dryer, I am curious to know what thermal protectant you use. Do you sleep with wet hair. I know everyone is different. I am very prone to colds when my wet hair is exposed to cool or cold air.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st October 2010, 3:47 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Do you use hair dryers? If you sit under the dryer, I am curious to know what thermal protectant you use. Do you sleep with wet hair. I know everyone is different. I am very prone to colds when my wet hair is exposed to cool or cold air.
Rarely will I use a hair dryer (hard/bonnet or blow). I try to cleanse hair as soon as I get home then plop with flour sack until it is soaking wet. I apply my products then apply another flour sack. I usually keep it on with my satin bonnet over it.

Remember, germs give you colds not cold weather.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyu 1st October 2010, 8:02 pm

I have been sitting under the hair dryer a little more since the weather has been cooling off. I always sit under the dryer for my rollersets. But lately I have been keeping my hair in 4 twisted ponytails after detangling and sitting under the dryer to help absorb some of the water out of my hair. Then I have been bunning my hair after getting some of the water out of my hair. My hair sometimes takes an eternity to dry and I usually wear buns on stretched out hair. I will probably be incorporating a lot more buns and twists during the fall.
naturallyu
naturallyu

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st October 2010, 9:28 pm

Yes, cooler weather does alter things a bit.

I am not familiar with the use of the flour sack. When you put the first flour sack on, your hair has been detangled, right? Where do you get a flour sack? I haven't seen one in years.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd October 2010, 7:07 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Yes, cooler weather does alter things a bit.

I am not familiar with the use of the flour sack. When you put the first flour sack on, your hair has been detangled, right? Where do you get a flour sack? I haven't seen one in years.
Yes, my hair is detangled when I plop with the flour sack. I purchased mine from Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond. They are found in the kitchen section where they sell hand/dish towels.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 3rd October 2010, 11:44 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Yes, cooler weather does alter things a bit.

Yes, my hair is detangled when I plop with the flour sack. I purchased mine from Walmart and Bed Bath & Beyond. They are found in the kitchen section where they sell hand/dish towels.

Makes sense, the sack in smooth and the cotton would be very absorbent. Thanks for the tip! bounce

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th October 2010, 2:07 am

I found my flour sack at Target.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 4th October 2010, 10:02 am

SisterBoyd wrote:I found my flour sack at Target.

Thanks. There is one close to me. How dry to you get your hair before you proceed to style? Do you use this method irrespective of whether you are roller setting, braiding, twisting, etc.?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th October 2010, 2:59 pm

I do my whole process and then I put the flour sack on. I need my hair to be soaking wet when I style (I wear w'n'gs). And I don't plop all of the time, only when I'm in a hurry and I don't want my clothes wet. It doesn't dry my hair with the product in, but it does stop the drips and juicy-ness of it hahaha
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 4th October 2010, 4:18 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:I do my whole process and then I put the flour sack on. I need my hair to be soaking wet when I style (I wear w'n'gs). And I don't plop all of the time, only when I'm in a hurry and I don't want my clothes wet. It doesn't dry my hair with the product in, but it does stop the drips and juicy-ness of it hahaha

I see. Thanks.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down