CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eco Styler Gel please read . . Have a Question!

+4
LadyMika
ShortNSassie
BajanPrincess82
Kez
8 posters

Go down

Eco Styler Gel  please read . . Have a Question! Empty Eco Styler Gel please read . . Have a Question!

Post by Kez 30th September 2010, 6:26 am

HI ladies

I have read a majority of really good reviews on Eco Styler Olive Gel - which seems like it would be prefect for my Braids out as i need something a little stronger than my creams for them - BUT i cannot get the Olive one in UK anywhere online (at least i have yet to find it, same with stores), I can however find Krystal (White), Pink, Blue and Yellow - has anyone used these and liked them??
I dont just want to get one in case they a re rubbish...i have been so good to my hair laterly, no Cones, Polyquantariums or Alcohol etc - im not sure if this prduct has any Cones or Poly' in it - I know its alcohol free though - however, im wanting to try it for my braids, so any feed back -would be very welcome!
Thanks very much ladies xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kez
Kez

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=537223131

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gel  please read . . Have a Question! Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel please read . . Have a Question!

Post by BajanPrincess82 30th September 2010, 11:50 am

I prefer the clear one to the green. The green one leaves my hair extra hard and crispy. The hold is just too much. I bought a huge container of green one, but once I use it up I'm going back to the clear.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Eco Styler Gel  please read . . Have a Question! Empty Re: Eco Styler Gel please read . . Have a Question!

Post by Kez 30th September 2010, 11:57 am

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I prefer the clear one to the green. The green one leaves my hair extra hard and crispy. The hold is just too much. I bought a huge container of green one, but once I use it up I'm going back to the clear.
Hey Bajan,
Ah really - i dont want crispy/hard hair either, i just want hold, but still soft and flexible!
Thanks for info xxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 30th September 2010, 2:02 pm

Can you find the regular Eco custard? If you can you can just add your own olive oil to it, its the same. You could also try IC Fantasia gel or you could make flax seed gel. There are some wonderful techniques on you tube. There's also eco custard (1 cup eco styler, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp EVCO, 1 tbsp AVG) that provides good hold without the crunchiness.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 30th September 2010, 2:31 pm

ShortNSassie wrote:Can you find the regular Eco custard? If you can you can just add your own olive oil to it, its the same. You could also try IC Fantasia gel or you could make flax seed gel. There are some wonderful techniques on you tube. There's also eco custard (1 cup eco styler, 1 tbsp EVOO, 1 tbsp EVCO, 1 tbsp AVG) that provides good hold without the crunchiness.

Hey shortnsassy
Thanks for tips, I'll have a look as I don't get all the products you ladies get here in UK Sad
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 30th September 2010, 2:50 pm

Probably the BEST EcoStyler gel that I'VE used is the PINK one (the one for itchy scalp). The hold isn't that strong and it actually has decent ingredients (tea tree, chamomile, a couple others I can't remember).
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQueso 30th September 2010, 5:33 pm

I use the clear eco styler and it's great as long as I rub a little olive oil on each braid/twist before applying the gel......i get great hold w/o the crunchiness......I've tried the custard but I felt it was a waste b/c I didn't use all of it
CurlyQueso
CurlyQueso

Back to top Go down

Post by Lysheba89 1st October 2010, 12:34 am

I use the pink one and it states on the bottle it is "firm hold" as opposed to extra or maximum hold. It doesn't leave any flakes and it really is pretty light. It sets your style without hardening your hair.The shine is very nice. Since it sets your style (I've used it for twist outs mainly) but doesn't harden it, you can comfortably finger comb and/or separate your curls. However on a really humid day your hair might swell.
Lysheba89
Lysheba89

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 1st October 2010, 2:28 pm

I use brown and green and I like the brown one better.. I will use both but I am just hearing about the pink kind.. I swear I might as well buy all the colors they have Very Happy ..

I tried a braid out on the transitioning hair with the green and it did not turn out good at all.. It looked like I got hit by lightning.. Embarassed
Lets just say I never tried to do a braid out with that again
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lili 2nd October 2010, 2:47 am

HI Kez
Fellow UK girl here! Very Happy
You can find the green Eco styler gel on amazon UK site. Just type in Eco styler gel in the search box. It's sold by a company called Cosmetic solutions. The downside is shipping costs, I just ordered the 475ml of the Krystal clear one which costs about 3 quid but I had to pay 4 quid for shipping.. Wink
Alternatively you could check out stores selling ethnic stuff such as Paks. They also have a website.
HTH.

Lili

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez 2nd October 2010, 1:26 pm

Hi ladies.
Thanks for all your replies! Sorry for delayed response, my emails not been notifying me of replies for some reason??? It should be!
I also bought Listers Gel (it's brown??) can't remember name right now but sounds good!
I'll keep you all posted, thanks xxxx
Kez
Kez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down