CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish

+2
Curliana
naturallynola
6 posters

Go down

Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish Empty Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish

Post by naturallynola 28th September 2010, 9:27 pm

Well, I am a newbie trying to find the products my hair likes. I tried Giovanni SAS and my hair though always soft was like hay. I saturated the hair, wrapped it in a warm towel followed by a plastic cap and let it sit about 1 hour. When I rinsed it out, I could barely comb it. I am thinking about trying it again on a small section just to confirm that the state of my hair was in fact due to SAS. I did use a color rinse, but I have used it many times, but I always condition after it and don't have this type of problem. I also used Dr. Bronner Castille Soap for the first time. I did dilute it 1:3 though. I did a prepoo with EVOO and honey overnight and then washed with the Dr. Bronner. So, I am baffled at the hay-like texture that I had to deal with. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas about a very moisturizing condish, I would be greatful. I have used Mizani moisturefuse and that worked great. Just looking for more natural options. I do use Avalon Organics Lavender and I really like it, but could stand just a little more slip. I have Shea Moisture Treatment Masque, but the jury is still out on that being really moisturizing. It makes me feel more oily than moisturized. It seems many people on this forum use AOHSR. Maybe I will try that. Thanks for any tips!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish Empty Re: Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish

Post by Curliana 28th September 2010, 9:33 pm

I was going to suggest Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose but you're already on to that. Also, Oyin's Honeyhemp conditioner is very moisturizing for my hair. But then again I love Giovanni SAS conditioner.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish Empty Re: Any ideas for a great moisturizing condish

Post by naturallynola 28th September 2010, 9:45 pm

Thanks Curliana. By the way, your hair is beautiful!. I have Oyin on my radar. I guess we all are PJ in the beginning because we are trying to find the products our hair like and we are excited about it! I do want to give SAS another chance. I would hate to be unfair if it was some other product given I did several things that day. I learned a valuable lesson---don't try more than 1 newbie the same day. I was able to minimize the dry haystack with Shea Moisture Treatment Masque as a leave-in and Jane Carter Nourish and Shine to the ends.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 29th September 2010, 12:50 pm

Try Aussie Moist condish or any Herbal essence line hello hydration is one of the most popular. I've tried a couple of them with some good results going to try the body envy one.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th September 2010, 1:04 pm

Another suggestion could be Renpure Organics My Hair is Parched. I've used it as a DC and as a co-wash. Very moisturizing and great detangler! Good luck!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 29th September 2010, 3:35 pm

Could the fact that you are wrapping the towel around your hair before placing the cap on affect the results? I'm just wondering if it's rubbing off some of the condish and soaking it up instead of moisturizing.. I tend to put the plastic cap on first, then a towel or I sit under the dryer. I love the Giovanni SAS and I also add a little EVOO to it. Try switching the towel and bag around maybe?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 29th September 2010, 6:47 pm

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I think I will test the SAS on a small section of hair. CurlyChefRobin, I really don't think it is the towel because I have never had this experience before. But, that is something I will keep in mind.Also, since you sit under the dryer, do you use a thermal protectant? If you do, what has worked well for you?
I do like organic or all natural condishs free or virtually free of cones. Maybe I will give the Renpure a try if my next SAS is a flop

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 29th September 2010, 6:51 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I think I will test the SAS on a small section of hair. CurlyChefRobin, I really don't think it is the towel because I have never had this experience before. But, that is something I will keep in mind.Also, since you sit under the dryer, do you use a thermal protectant? If you do, what has worked well for you?
I do like organic or all natural condishs free or virtually free of cones. Maybe I will give the Renpure a try if my next SAS is a flop

I understand about the towel. Some products just don't work for some people. Very Happy I sit under the dryer with the dryer on low so I don't use a heat protector. I don't put it on high because I'm afraid of the heat damage.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 29th September 2010, 7:35 pm

I use shea moisture restorative conditioner I LOVE IT!! but i also got m eye on oyin conditioner..I might purchase some for my 2month post BC anniversary!!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 29th September 2010, 7:50 pm

Rayray19, have you tried the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque? If so, I am curious to get your take on it vs. the Restorative condish you are thinking about? I have not used it as a deep condish, but I did apply to my hair this weekend after I had the disaster with hay-like hair after using SAS. It really put it into working condition.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down