CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

+20
Curliana
naturally Nubian
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
PaganWifey
Nessa101
Princess
Talisa3636
TheRYL1
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
gmAKA1709
missmoriah
thetiffany
MsJay1121
cha_phylicia
jaylin20032003
natural_nance
newcurlieque
Thinice
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by PaganWifey 9th October 2010, 12:20 am

I did both.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 3 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th October 2010, 10:38 am

Okay...I was twisted all last week, but I kinda got excited and cheated a lil bit!! I haven't been able to achieve a twist out that I love, but last week WOW is all I can say. However, I twisted last night I as I was watching the LSU vs Florida game!! Geaux Tigers!!! So...I'm twisted for the week. Here are a couple of pictures from last week...

Started out like this....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ended up like this....

**sigh** I just love my hair!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 10th October 2010, 11:33 am

I could NEVER get my twist outs looking like that! Girl that's fierce!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 3 Empty lots of pics :)

Post by thetiffany 10th October 2010, 5:27 pm

hey ladies! i stayed twisted since tuesday and this set still looks ok so they will stay in until thursday. heres some pics of my styles. i am really starting to love pin-up/updos! please excuse the wacky twist sticking up in the backview pic with the flower Embarassed
From Hair
From Hair
From Hair
From Hair
From Hair
From Hair
From Hair
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 10th October 2010, 7:09 pm

So I had my twist re-done for this week, I wanted them bigger than last week's twists. I have now learned that for my fine hair this won't work, they came out very scalpy looking. But being the trooper that I am I'm gonna rock them anyway, that is until Thursday and I'll have them re-done. Sorry I couldn't rotate the pictures!

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 10th October 2010, 9:38 pm

You did an amazing job!!! Too cute!

thetiffany wrote:hey ladies! i stayed twisted since tuesday and this set still looks ok so they will stay in until thursday. heres some pics of my styles. i am really starting to love pin-up/updos! please excuse the wacky twist sticking up in the backview pic with the flower Embarassed
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 10th October 2010, 10:31 pm

@NN-like the twists and did I say before your color. very cute.
@thetiffany-loves the pin up very cute.
@KNH-I would have cheated too if my twist out looked like that...very beautiful.

I took my twists down Friday driving home from work. I washed today and put in medium twists. I used the kimmarytube leave-in and I like the way my hair feels. I braided all the twists in the front into three braids, the rest is hanging.

Hope you all have a good week.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th October 2010, 12:48 pm

I twisted last night instead of coiling. I dont like the length, but i am going to put on my wig for the rest of the week.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 11th October 2010, 1:54 pm

Wow Ladies! The hair is looking good!

Natural_Nance...I wish I could pin up like that! ;-)

KNH...the twist out is the BIZ!

Day 5 twists

The twist out...I was pleased!

Well...I have the day off, so I'm getting ready to do my hair! cheers Pre-poo, cowash and condish...then twisting right back up! I'll let my hair dry so I can have thicker twists. We'll see how that turns out!

Have a wonderful day, y'all!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 11th October 2010, 4:55 pm

Argh I'm having SUCH A BAD HAIR DAY. I redid my twists last night. I did them at a bit smaller than last time BUT now I have NO idea how to put them up. No matter what I do it looks bad, for some reason I'm also not have to do a french twist Mad My arms are tired... I'm going to leave my hair alone for today. Thank goodness it's a holiday here and I don't have to work. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 11th October 2010, 4:59 pm

cha_phylicia wrote:You did an amazing job!!! Too cute!

thetiffany wrote:hey ladies! i stayed twisted since tuesday and this set still looks ok so they will stay in until thursday. heres some pics of my styles. i am really starting to love pin-up/updos! please excuse the wacky twist sticking up in the backview pic with the flower Embarassed

thanks!
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th October 2010, 5:11 pm

well my twist looks dry, can someone suggest something to make them look like they have some life?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 11th October 2010, 5:25 pm

crissyq, i use jojoba oil for shine or rewet with a little water and a leave in

thanks thinice Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 11th October 2010, 9:13 pm

@crissyq: I agree with thetiffany how about some jojoba or leave-in. I spray a leave in (kimmaytube recipe) in the morning before work and before bed. My hair no longer looks thirsty.

I made my twists bigger this time and I am not feeling it. I am retwisting sections into smaller twists.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 12th October 2010, 1:42 am

CrissyQ wrote:well my twist looks dry, can someone suggest something to make them look like they have some life?
Hey CrissyQ!

You know I battle dryness. I love Shea Moisture conditioning milk (as a leave in) & the curling smoothie (for twisting). Lately, I've removed the glycerin and started using a green tea spritz (green tea, aloe vera gel and 5 drops of tea tree..will try another oil next time). This made my hair so soft. The twist out in the pic was so soft and moist. I think it was the spritz...I'll know this weekend!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 12th October 2010, 3:03 pm

My twistout from last week was amazing. I'm surprised I made it through the whole week w/o taking them down. I twisted back up yesterday even though I didn't feel like it, I twisted on wet hair and man do I have major shrinkage Evil or Very Mad I am NOT happy about that at all but I'm going to rock it anyway. It's probably not as bad as I think. I twisted my daughter's hair too yesterday and she looks so fab lol. I will have to take a pic of her to post cause she just looks too cute.

Sidenote: I have been twisting w/ Afroveda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter but my supply is low and did not have enough to do my whole head, so I mixed Koils by Nature Herbal Soothing Gel with SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I like the combination alot.

Last edited by newcurlieque on 12th October 2010, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th October 2010, 3:06 pm

newcurlieque wrote:My twistout from last week was amazing. I'm surprised I made it through the whole week w/o taking them down. I twisted back up yesterday even though I didn't feel like it, I twisted on wet hair and man do I have major shrinkage Evil or Very Mad I am NOT happy about that at all but I'm going to rock it anyway. It's probably not as bad as I think. I twisted my daughter's hair too yesterday and she looks so fab lol. I will have to take a pic of her to post cause she just looks too cute.

oNE DAY I AM GOING TO BE ABLE TO SAY WHAT YOU SAID. I FEEL LIKE I NEED A LITTLE MORE GROWTH. I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PICS
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 12th October 2010, 3:11 pm

Crissy trust me soon enough you will....I almost had the urge to bc again. Just because it was less maintenance lol. But I'm glad I BC'd and have to come to learn what to do as my hair grows. We r learning together in a sense.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 14th October 2010, 11:11 pm

ladies, i must confess. i cheated on the challenge tonight. i was supposed to re-twist after washing but i am too tired Sad i put my hair the bun seen in my avatar. i plan on taking it down sunday and doing my twist again
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 15th October 2010, 12:53 pm

thetiffany wrote:ladies, i must confess. i cheated on the challenge tonight. i was supposed to re-twist after washing but i am too tired Sad i put my hair the bun seen in my avatar. i plan on taking it down sunday and doing my twist again

I cheated too. I couldn't take the shrunken twists any longer. I'm rocking a twistout until Monday.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th October 2010, 1:05 pm

I just came across this thread and I am in!! Just decided to do this yesterday challenging myself to stay twisted up through the winter. I am twisted and pinned up now did them on Wednesday. The pic I am posting is an older pic but its pretty much the same as I have them done now.

Last edited by naturalhonney on 15th October 2010, 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 15th October 2010, 1:10 pm

Welcome to the challenge Naturalhoney! I likey!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th October 2010, 1:18 pm

@ newcurlieque thanks! I know how hard this challenge can be this will be my 2nd twist challenge but I had Zuri (hair name) out all summer and she is in need of a break. The last challenge I would re-twist every two weeks it would take all day to do my hair co-washing, DC, and then twisting was just taking to much time I now co-wash and DC the day before and the next day I twist which is still 2-3hrs but at least I cut down the time by not doing everything in the same day. Just thought I would share.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 15th October 2010, 1:24 pm

Thanks for sharing that tip! I'm off on Mondays so that is usually my twisting day but cowashing and DC the night before would help. Plus I could have time to stretch my hair by banding instead of blowdrying. it is very hard for me to keep twists in.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 15th October 2010, 1:32 pm

Your welcome! Anything to save time it truly is a time saver. I just tried the banding for the first time I think I like it for when I want Zuri to lay down more. She is the poofy type so this works!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next