CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

+20
Curliana
naturally Nubian
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
PaganWifey
Nessa101
Princess
Talisa3636
TheRYL1
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
gmAKA1709
missmoriah
thetiffany
MsJay1121
cha_phylicia
jaylin20032003
natural_nance
newcurlieque
Thinice
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by thetiffany 5th October 2010, 3:17 pm

hey ladies~ im so excited for this challenge as twist are just about my favorite style. i played around with my hair for the past 2 weeks wearing out styles and it was fun but too much work lol. right now my hair is in a 3 day old twist out bun. i will be twisting tonight and leave them in until the weekend. i will be washing my hair probably sunday or something and then retwist. i will post my pics to my blog once i am all done Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 2 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by CrissyQ 5th October 2010, 4:04 pm

I have a question, do you twist dry or wet? And why?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 4:26 pm

CrissyQ wrote:I have a question, do you twist dry or wet? And why?

I twist on stretched dry hair. Just cause it stretches my twists.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 5th October 2010, 4:28 pm

OK...I've been checking this out...running from it...but I'm back again.

I've finally gotten to the place where I'll where my twists to work. So...I may just have to join in! LOL

This challenge will give me the opportunity to get my pin-up game together.

I'm in! Very Happy

Q: Coils count, too? Just want to be sure. Thanks!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th October 2010, 4:41 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:OK...I've been checking this out...running from it...but I'm back again.

I've finally gotten to the place where I'll where my twists to work. So...I may just have to join in! LOL

This challenge will give me the opportunity to get my pin-up game together.

I'm in! Very Happy

Q: Coils count, too? Just want to be sure. Thanks!

I hope they do count. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 4:52 pm

Good question cause IDK lol...do u twist ur hair crissy?
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th October 2010, 4:54 pm

newcurlieque wrote:Good question cause IDK lol...do u twist ur hair crissy?

I have before but I like the coils better. I asked the question about the twist because I want to do it but i am not sure if its better on wet or dry.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 5th October 2010, 4:58 pm

I have less shrinkage when I do it on dry, that's why I prefer dry.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 5th October 2010, 5:01 pm

newcurlieque wrote:I have less shrinkage when I do it on dry, that's why I prefer dry.

OK cool, I am going to try them on dry.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 5th October 2010, 11:13 pm

@crissyQ yes to the coils. I am interested to see your coils. I have never done them on my hair.

I usually twist on damp hair.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 6th October 2010, 5:40 pm

Im down! I need to protect my ends anyway plus im doing Bikram yoga and hair in my face won't work!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess 6th October 2010, 5:49 pm

I'm in also, I planned on doing twists for the winter so this is perfect timing.
Princess
Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 6th October 2010, 10:28 pm

So far I am loving this challenge! Here's a candid pic of the twists I've been wearing this week:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 6th October 2010, 11:51 pm

HeyNN, I did not realize you were from chicago. woot! I get excited when i see this. Your twist looks great, cant wait until i get that length.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 7th October 2010, 12:10 pm

hey ladies!

crissy, i usually twist on wet hair because my hair curls better. most recently i twisted my hair from a previous twistout so my hair was stretched and dry. i liked this because they were longer, but on the down side they didnt have the best curl

nice candid pic Natural Nance!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 7th October 2010, 12:12 pm

thetiffany wrote:hey ladies!

crissy, i usually twist on wet hair because my hair curls better. most recently i twisted my hair from a previous twistout so my hair was stretched and dry. i liked this because they were longer, but on the down side they didnt have the best curl

nice candid pic Natural Nance!

Thanks tiff,
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 7th October 2010, 5:56 pm

natural_nance I love the color in your hair Very Happy and your twist look great!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 7th October 2010, 11:40 pm

Thanks for the compliments ladies!

@ CrissyQ yes I'm repping the Chi! I live in the West Suburs though. I don't know if you read other natural hair blogs but there's a meet up this weekend for bglh.

For everyone that's twisting, what's your night time routine for the upkeep? The twists I have now they're hanging on by a thread! I'm getting them done over Sunday and I would like for them to last without getting so frizzy.

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th October 2010, 11:21 am

natural_nance wrote:Thanks for the compliments ladies!

@ CrissyQ yes I'm repping the Chi! I live in the West Suburs though. I don't know if you read other natural hair blogs but there's a meet up this weekend for bglh.

For everyone that's twisting, what's your night time routine for the upkeep? The twists I have now they're hanging on by a thread! I'm getting them done over Sunday and I would like for them to last without getting so frizzy.

Hey, I am in the west suburbs too. I know about the meeting and i really want to go but i forgot i told my son i would take him and his friend bowling. are you going?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th October 2010, 2:41 pm

just wanted to share my growth for a month

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 8th October 2010, 3:01 pm

CrissyQ wrote:

Hey, I am in the west suburbs too. I know about the meeting and i really want to go but i forgot i told my son i would take him and his friend bowling. are you going?

Yes I am going! I'll be dragging my two year old along for the ride as well. Lol. But I doubt I will go to the evening portion. You've had some great growth for just a month!

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th October 2010, 3:06 pm

natural_nance wrote:
CrissyQ wrote:

Yes I am going! I'll be dragging my two year old along for the ride as well. Lol. But I doubt I will go to the evening portion. You've had some great growth for just a month!

Ok, if I cant make it have fun! The growth shocked me too affraid so this month I am going to be doing the samething, lol. Nothing diffrent!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 8th October 2010, 6:08 pm

If my hair were still loose I'd be all over this. I LOVED leaving my twists in and just rollin' with it. I'm here with you in spirit though! Loving the pics!!!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th October 2010, 11:38 pm

Hair still in twists...this is Day 6...YAY! I'm loving this challenge.

Tomorrow I'll take down for a (hopefully) nice twist out for the L.A. Meet-up.

Sunday night, I plan to wash, condish and twist up!

We will see! afro
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th October 2010, 11:40 pm

CrissyQ wrote:just wanted to share my growth for a month

Crissy...what you been doin' this past month? I gotta go read! Keep up the good work! woot!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next