CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

+20
Curliana
naturally Nubian
sweetdrk1
naturalhonney
PaganWifey
Nessa101
Princess
Talisa3636
TheRYL1
CrissyQ
KinkyNappyHappy
gmAKA1709
missmoriah
thetiffany
MsJay1121
cha_phylicia
jaylin20032003
natural_nance
newcurlieque
Thinice
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 4 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by sweetdrk1 15th October 2010, 10:17 pm

Looking good ladies! NN I love your hair! You said you had your twist done? That is my issue I can't stand doing them myself....I am currently twisted up, not sure how long they will last. I did the last challenge and need to do this one...but I am not sure. I will be back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Twist/Pin Up Challenge:  For 6 weeks - Page 4 Empty Re: Twist/Pin Up Challenge: For 6 weeks

Post by naturally Nubian 16th October 2010, 2:30 pm

I am so up for this challenge! a little late I know but better late than never! lol. I love two strand twists and wear them most of the time. Here is a vid showing one of my favourite styles I wear to work.

naturally Nubian
naturally Nubian

https://www.youtube.com/user/NaturallyNubian?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 16th October 2010, 5:20 pm

Naturally nubian I like how u pinned it. Your hair is much longer than mine but u inspired me to try something similar.

My took twists down today and love the twist out. I had a dream I went to labor and my hair became a knotted mess. I plan to wash,condition, and twist sometime this evening.

Hope all is well ladies.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 16th October 2010, 5:21 pm

cute style naturallynubian!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 16th October 2010, 7:10 pm

Is it too late for me to join? Embarassed I just twisted and pinned up my hair last night and I plan to protective style until the New Year.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 16th October 2010, 7:13 pm

never too late...welcome
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 18th October 2010, 12:39 am

Here's my latest set of twists. I didn't think my hair was long enough to pin up but I played around with it and I think I might be able to at least do a half up half down style. I will post it sometime during the week. Happy twisting ladies!! flower

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 18th October 2010, 11:33 am

Day one of me leaving the house in my pinned up twists. I miss my twist n curl already and it doesn't help that my friends all like the curly fro muuuuch better! Well, length retention is the goal sooo protective styling it is!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th October 2010, 12:13 pm

Thinice wrote:Cha-Phylicia your twists look nice.

Healthy Hair growth come december!

I can't wait count me in!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th October 2010, 12:17 pm

So I'm a little late with last week's update....(Busy, Busy, Busy)

Anywho...I wore my hair twisted last week for 4 days!! Yay me..but the frizz got to me so I wore a twist out for 2 days. I was so defined that is was almost unmanagable...for real.

So I'm twisted but I think the best look for me is to twist out everyday until I twist in a style that will not go in all different direction through out the day...LOL

So if I twist out everyday does that mean I'm breaking the rules of this challenge... confused

I'll share my pictures tonight....

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 18th October 2010, 2:30 pm

natural_nance wrote:Here's my latest set of twists. I didn't think my hair was long enough to pin up but I played around with it and I think I might be able to at least do a half up half down style. I will post it sometime during the week. Happy twisting ladies!! flower

Natural_nance...that hair is the BIZ! How did you get that color? (Sorry if you've already answered this question!!) What do you use to moisturize and style?

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 19th October 2010, 10:51 am

TheRYL1 wrote:
natural_nance wrote:Here's my latest set of twists. I didn't think my hair was long enough to pin up but I played around with it and I think I might be able to at least do a half up half down style. I will post it sometime during the week. Happy twisting ladies!! flower

Natural_nance...that hair is the BIZ! How did you get that color? (Sorry if you've already answered this question!!) What do you use to moisturize and style?

Thanks! My color is Chestnut Blonde by Dark and Lovely.As a new natural I'm still trying to find what products work for me and what doesn't but right now I moisturize with Shea Moisture hair smoothie and seal with Curls Blissful Lengths Kukinut Oil Elixir. My aunt does my twists for me since I'm styled challenged. She uses ORS Twist and Loc gel mixed with Motions wrap foam (because my hair is so fine the twists would just unravel without the combination) and I sit under the dryer for about 15 mins. My hair is hard after that so I have to follow up with my Godsent product this lady I met makes it but it's called Nature's Natural hair softener but it makes my twists extremely soft and moisturized! You probably could make it; Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, nettle, flax seed oil, algan oil, castor oil, almond oil, pepperment, rosemary, sage, essential oils, vitamins A, D, and E
By the way I love your Curl Street Journal posts! The stories about your hair and your daughter just crack me up and make my day! sunny

natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by tisiag 19th October 2010, 11:29 am

I want to join the challenge, its winter and i need protective styles and besides i Love twists
tisiag
tisiag

http://public.fotki.com/Tisiag/

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 19th October 2010, 11:40 am

I'm twisted up for the week, No pics cause nuffin fancy.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 19th October 2010, 2:13 pm

heres my twist for the week! also, my trial and error with watermarking Smile
From Hair
From Hair
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 21st October 2010, 4:03 pm

thetiffany wrote:heres my twist for the week! also, my trial and error with watermarking Smile
From Hair
From Hair

LUV IT!!!
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 21st October 2010, 6:07 pm

natural_nance wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:

Thanks! My color is Chestnut Blonde by Dark and Lovely.As a new natural I'm still trying to find what products work for me and what doesn't but right now I moisturize with Shea Moisture hair smoothie and seal with Curls Blissful Lengths Kukinut Oil Elixir. My aunt does my twists for me since I'm styled challenged. She uses ORS Twist and Loc gel mixed with Motions wrap foam (because my hair is so fine the twists would just unravel without the combination) and I sit under the dryer for about 15 mins. My hair is hard after that so I have to follow up with my Godsent product this lady I met makes it but it's called Nature's Natural hair softener but it makes my twists extremely soft and moisturized! You probably could make it; Ingredients: Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, nettle, flax seed oil, algan oil, castor oil, almond oil, pepperment, rosemary, sage, essential oils, vitamins A, D, and E
By the way I love your Curl Street Journal posts! The stories about your hair and your daughter just crack me up and make my day! sunny

OK...Dark & Lovely, huh? I was just telling Yaki Girl this morning that I want to color my hair. And she had the nerve to say she didn't want me to...SMH.

You know I was thinking of mixing up a cocoction with many of those ingredients because the products I use that work the best contain most of those. I may just have to make it happen!

Thank you for the info!

SN: The daughter will be coppin' a new weave soon...I KNOW I'll have new stories!!! Very Happy

TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by cha_phylicia 22nd October 2010, 9:09 pm

I'm still going strong with these twists LOL! I put some pics up on my blog http://chaphylicia.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-hair-this-week.html

I've been curious about colouring my hair, I'd want streaks of an auburn red throughout for the fall. But I'm a CHICKEN. I'm afraid of my hair drying up and falling out because my hair is half natural half relaxed... I'll eventually talk myself out of it lol
cha_phylicia
cha_phylicia

http://chaphylica.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd October 2010, 12:53 pm

Hey Ladies!

This week, I was bad...out of 7 days...I was twisted...3... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but, but...OK...there's nothiing I can say! Well, I was just feeling my soft, fluffy hair...I confess!!! lol!

Will be doing mini braids today. I've having surgery on my wrist next week...so no hair-doing for me. Forced protective styling, I guess you can say! :-)

Have a good one, ladies!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 23rd October 2010, 2:20 pm

Confession is good for the soul. I didn't twist this week knew I was going out tonight and Zuri held up so good I was like let me show her off!! Anyway plans were canceled so I will be spending my time with Zuri tonight twisting her up.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 23rd October 2010, 4:49 pm

I took down my twists yesterday and here is the twist out. I hope to put twists back in tonight or tomorrow...due to the single strand knots.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 23rd October 2010, 4:55 pm

I forgot to post pic
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 24th October 2010, 6:52 pm

Hey Ladies! I stayed twisted all week and will be twisted agian this week with the same set. My twist have shrunk a great amount, but i still like them. heres a pic
From Hair
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 24th October 2010, 8:26 pm

Hey Ladies!

I'm braided up. I'm thinking I should get at least a month out of these braids...I'll keep y'all posted!

Not twisted, yet still protectively styled! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 25th October 2010, 7:32 pm

Will there be a part 2? It's almost November now, so if anyone will be doing a part 2 I would like to know so I can watch out! Very Happy
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next