CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YET HOLDING ON

+4
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
Erica5417
honeybaby1124
8 posters

Go down

YET HOLDING ON Empty YET HOLDING ON

Post by honeybaby1124 21st November 2009, 1:18 am

HI LADIES I'M NEW HERE SO I HOPE I'M DOING THIS RIGHT.I BCed EXACTLY 1 WEEK AGO AFTER TRANSITIONING FOR 3 MOS. AT FIRST I WAS SO EXCITED AND I LOVED MY HAIR BUT THEN(IN MY IGNORANCE)I GOT A SHAPE UP AN NOW...I'M NOT SO PLEASED WITH IT.I DON'T HAVE"BABY HAIR" ANY MORE AND IT'S TOO SHORT TO STYLE.I DID ALOT OF RESEARCH BEFORE I BCed AND I THOUGHT I WAS PREPARED BUT I DON'T KNOW NOW.MY HAIR IS ALWAYS DRY EVEN THOUGH I MOISTURIZE DAILY AND MY LITTLE CURLS ARE SO SO FRIZZY. BUT I'M DETERMINED TO HAVE HEALTHY NATURAL HAIR...JUST GOTTA FIGURE OUT HOW. SURELY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHOSE GOING THROUGH THIS. I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP. ANY ADVICE,TIPS,AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.SOME WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT WOULD HELP TOO. MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS ALL THINK SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH MY FOR CUTTING MY HAIR.(I KNOW...THEY JUST DON'T GET IT) ANYWAY,THANKS IN ADVANCE LADIES.
honeybaby1124
honeybaby1124

Back to top Go down

YET HOLDING ON Empty Re: YET HOLDING ON

Post by Erica5417 21st November 2009, 1:45 am

honeybaby1124, congrats on being brave enough to go against the norm. I think many of us have reservations after we do the BC so don't think you're alone in that. I am confident that in time you will grow to love your natural hair (sites like this are very helpful). My family thought I was crazy for cutting my hair but now, some of them are asking how they can go natural! If you don't like the shape up, the good news is that your hair will outgrow it in no time. People may say negative things but it's only because we are sometimes a little afraid of being different and of others being different. Don't listen to the negativity (we've all gotten it at some time or another), I think you look absolutely beautiful with your natural hair Smile
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 21st November 2009, 10:21 am

Hi Honeybaby1124

Congrats and Welcome to Au Naturale [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are so many threads on this forum to help you on your journey. As a matter of fact theres a Butter 'n Bars threat where you can track your progress. It range from new naturals to ladies that's been natural all their lives. Also in The Curly Friends Tab, MahoganyCurls gives tons of advice for sporting a TWA. She also have YouTube videos. Browse the site adn you will find TONS of information to help you. Also try co-washing. Again welcome and just have fun being natural. Its a whole nother GREAT world

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st November 2009, 10:37 am

Hey honeybaby, you are definitely in the right place. Congratulations on your BC!!! I was a short term transitioner too. Your avatar pic is really cute!! Is that before or after the shape up?

Like Erica said, your hair will grow back. I recently post a thread named, "I just wanted to share" Check it out. It is showing my growth.

What I believe you need to focus on right now is the dryness. What are you using to moisturize? What products are you using? If you give us a run down of what you are using, it will help us guide you in the right direction.

Hang in there!!!! You will grow to love your hair!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallytexan 21st November 2009, 11:56 am

Honeybaby1124,
I did the b/c on 2/13/09 after transitioning for 6 months, and I felt the same way. I was shocked by how much gray hair I had, was totally caught off guard by that. When people saw me all they could do was gasp and say "you cut your hair...it suits your face". But I wasn't looking for validation, I was comfortable with me. I am so happy I went natural, what God supplied me with is suffcient not something that "has" to be altered. Once you embrace that you will come into your own new style and attitude and people will come to you and start asking how to go natural.

Letting your hair be hair is the most important thing. I'm struggling with moisturizing too but thanks to this site I am learning.
naturallytexan
naturallytexan

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 21st November 2009, 12:23 pm

hey, honeybaby1124!!!

Welcome!!!! Loving the avator!!!! Give us a run down on your regime, and we can steer you in the right direction. Are you shampooing? if so, with what? are you dC? do you use a leave-in condish before styling? I definitely agree with mmoultry's suggestion for co-wash: that has made a world of a difference with moisture (and length) in such a short amount of time for me.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by honeybaby1124 21st November 2009, 1:15 pm

HI LADIES! I JUST WANT TO SAY A MILLION THANK YOUS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR TIME,ADVICE,TIPS AND SISTERLY LOVE.(I REALLY NEEDED IT)I DIDN'T FEEL THAT I HAD A SUPPORT SYSTEM BEFORE BUT I DO KNOW.TO ANSWER YALL QUESTIONS...YES LYNNIELUVE MY AVATAR PIC IS AFTER THE SHAPE UP.BEFORE I WAS USING TRESSEME SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER BUT I STOPPED.NOW I'M USING CANTU LEAVE IN CONDITIONING REPAIR CREAM.I ALSO HAVE SOME ICE HAIR POMADE WHICH MAKES MY HARD FEEL REALLY DRY.I HAVE SOME ALOE VERA TOO BUT EVEN THAT MAKES MY HAIR FEEL KINDA HARD AND DRY SO...IDK LADIES.I'M GONNA CHECK OUT ALL THE TREADS YALL SUGGESTED TO ME AND IF YALL COME ACROSS SOMETHING THATLL HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.AFTER I POSTED LASTNIGHT I SAT IN MY ROOM ALMOST IN TEARS AND MY 7YRS.OLD DAUGHTER CAME IN AND STARTED PREACHING TO ME.SAYING THAT THIS IS THE HAIR THAT GOD GAVE ME AND I SHOULD LOVE IT BECAUSE HE DOES AND IF ANYBODY TALKS ABOUT ME THEYRE REALLY TALKING ABOUT GOD SO DONT WORRY CAUSE HE'LL HANDLE THEM.(THESE WERE SOME OF THE SAME WORDS I HAD SPOKEN TO HER A TIME BEFORE)SHE SPOKE OF HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE THINKS I AM AND HOW MUCH SHE LOVES ME THEN SHE SAID "AND I'M JUST SO PROUD OF YOU FOR GOING NATURAL.NOW YOUR HAIRS JUST LIKE MINE."MY SPIRITS WERE LIFTED INSTANTLY.I STOPPED WITH THE PITY PARTY,THANKED HUGGED AND KISSED MY BABY,SENT HER TO BED AND PRAYED ABOUT IT.THE HOLY SPIRIT REVEALED TO ME THAT THERE HAS TO BE A PROCESS BEFORE THERE'S PROGRESS.SO NO MORE PITY PARTIES FOR ME LADIES...I'M PUTTING MY COMPLETE TRUST IN GOD [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .SORRY SO LONG WINDED JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YALL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
honeybaby1124
honeybaby1124

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 21st November 2009, 1:49 pm

Sounds to me like you may be protein sensitive. you might want to keep protein out of anything you use on your hair and see if that makes a difference. HTH
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2009, 2:29 am

First, it's great that your uplifting was reinforced by your daughter--love it!

Second, the Cantu and gel likely have -cones that are drying your hair. In addition to washing with conditioners (Suave and V05) that are -cone free try applying extra virgin olive oil to your hair (you may warm it if you like). Place a plastic cap on it for 30 minutes then rinse it out.

Third, try a moisturizing product like shea butter or moisturizing conditioner. You can mix the shea butter with EVOO, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil and coconut oil.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down