CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you do your twist/twist out?

+3
ChrsLvsBks
Niqui36
Naturalin2010
7 posters

Go down

How do you do your twist/twist out? Empty How do you do your twist/twist out?

Post by Naturalin2010 24th September 2010, 3:51 pm

Okay, I'm sooo mad at myself for not taking a picture. But, I put my hair in twists Tuesday night. I started on dry hair, didn't part, just grabbed nice size sections. On each section, I used the KCKT (yes, on dry hair), a little eco custard and sealed with castor oil. Wierd, but I had a paper plate with 3 sections and put the products in each so I didn't have to keep dipping in orginial containers. Anyhoo, twisted the entire head. Left them in all day Wednesday and took them down yesterday morning before work. Let me say, out of the whole 2 mos or so I've been natural, my hair had never looked better. Nice defined, moist twist out. Better yet, I'm wearing 2 day hair today !!! bounce

Now, my question is, I need to retwist because some spots are getting a little fuzzy. What works best for you? Would you retwist with product as is, or do you co-wash every time you re-twist. Wash day is not until Monday or maybe Sunday. I don't want to really twist on wet hair because of the shrinkage. If I retwist as is, I'll use the exact same products. The only extra product I've put in my hair was a little coconut oil before bed and when I woke up this morning.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How do you do your twist/twist out? Empty Re: How do you do your twist/twist out?

Post by Niqui36 24th September 2010, 4:00 pm

I don't co-wash everytime I retwist. I actually like the results better after I've washed and twisted, wore a twistout and then twisted again on dry hair. I use flaxseed gel and I get way more curls and definition from the dry twistout. The seperation is better too if you know what I mean. lol. HTH.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

How do you do your twist/twist out? Empty Re: How do you do your twist/twist out?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th September 2010, 4:17 pm

I just add a bit more of my moisturizer (conditioner or other product) and twist those needing it. If you have something with aloe vera as a base that will help you avoid shrinkage.

I think oooop4 mentioned spritzing hair with water or getting in a shower for the mist and then putting on moisturizer and oil if you do not want to retwist.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th September 2010, 4:18 pm

When I retwist, I only use product if my hair needs it. I DEFINITELY do not wash it again unless it is time to wash it. I like to use lighter products when I retwist to prevent build up. HTH
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 24th September 2010, 4:53 pm

Niqui36 wrote: I use flaxseed gel and I get way more curls and definition from the dry twistout.

I saw this somewhere else also. How do you make your flaxseed gel?

ChrsLvsBks wrote: If you have something with aloe vera as a base that will help you avoid shrinkage.

The eco custard has aloe vera juice, but I'm wondering if that helped. But you probably mean the gel. I have some but not sure where I can put it in, after the leave in or maybe in place of.

Lynnieluve wrote:When I retwist, I only use product if my hair needs it. I DEFINITELY do not wash it again unless it is time to wash it. I like to use lighter products when I retwist to prevent build up. HTH

I may try the aloe vera gel like ChrsLvsBks mentioned, as a substitute for the KCKT along with the eco custard, since that is lighter.
Thanks you guys!!!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 24th September 2010, 10:07 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:
Niqui36 wrote: I use flaxseed gel and I get way more curls and definition from the dry twistout.

I saw this somewhere else also. How do you make your flaxseed gel?

ChrsLvsBks wrote: If you have something with aloe vera as a base that will help you avoid shrinkage.

The eco custard has aloe vera juice, but I'm wondering if that helped. But you probably mean the gel. I have some but not sure where I can put it in, after the leave in or maybe in place of.

Lynnieluve wrote:When I retwist, I only use product if my hair needs it. I DEFINITELY do not wash it again unless it is time to wash it. I like to use lighter products when I retwist to prevent build up. HTH

I may try the aloe vera gel like ChrsLvsBks mentioned, as a substitute for the KCKT along with the eco custard, since that is lighter.
Thanks you guys!!!

I make a version of YouTube's Naptural85. I use 1/4 cup of flaxseeds and 2 cups of water, then I add vitamin e oil and whatever essential oils I like. Peppermint is my favorite for scent!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

How do you do your twist/twist out? Empty What should I twist m hair with?

Post by Curlykid78 26th September 2010, 9:30 pm

Hey ladies. I read the thread and its informative but my questions if my texture is 3c/4a and very fine when wet...what or how much or many products should I use to twist my hair?

I tried Aloe Vera Gel(fruit of the Earth) and my hair was very hard and dry. There are so many products out there and I just want a staple product that will work well...

Also am I using the right type of Aloe vera gel? I know I am asking a lot but I am a newbie

Any tips?

Naturalin2010 wrote:Okay, I'm sooo mad at myself for not taking a picture. But, I put my hair in twists Tuesday night. I started on dry hair, didn't part, just grabbed nice size sections. On each section, I used the KCKT (yes, on dry hair), a little eco custard and sealed with castor oil. Wierd, but I had a paper plate with 3 sections and put the products in each so I didn't have to keep dipping in orginial containers. Anyhoo, twisted the entire head. Left them in all day Wednesday and took them down yesterday morning before work. Let me say, out of the whole 2 mos or so I've been natural, my hair had never looked better. Nice defined, moist twist out. Better yet, I'm wearing 2 day hair today !!! bounce

Now, my question is, I need to retwist because some spots are getting a little fuzzy. What works best for you? Would you retwist with product as is, or do you co-wash every time you re-twist. Wash day is not until Monday or maybe Sunday. I don't want to really twist on wet hair because of the shrinkage. If I retwist as is, I'll use the exact same products. The only extra product I've put in my hair was a little coconut oil before bed and when I woke up this morning.
Curlykid78
Curlykid78

https://www.youtube.com/user/DrCurlyKid32

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th September 2010, 6:06 am

wow, for some reason I never thought a twist out on old hair would look good. but it sounds like you guys love it. I might have to try it now!

are you guys finger detangling when you re twist, or no?
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 28th September 2010, 3:31 pm

Curlykid78 wrote:Hey ladies. I read the thread and its informative but my questions if my texture is 3c/4a and very fine when wet...what or how much or many products should I use to twist my hair?

I tried Aloe Vera Gel(fruit of the Earth) and my hair was very hard and dry. There are so many products out there and I just want a staple product that will work well...

Also am I using the right type of Aloe vera gel? I know I am asking a lot but I am a newbie

Any tips?

Welcome to the site! Your hair will usually tell you if you're using too much product. It's more of a trial and error. I started off using only a little bit because I've read where too much makes your hair heavy or gummy, etc. I don't use the Aloe Vera Gel for twisting, I only use for moisturizing. This was the first time I used the KCKT in combination with the eco custard and I was pleased. HTH Smile

JazmineB wrote:wow, for some reason I never thought a twist out on old hair would look good. but it sounds like you guys love it. I might have to try it now!

I did retwist since my original post, and I finger parted and detangled then slathered(is that even a word? lol) my KCKT, then combed to ensure the ends were coated, used a little eco custard and then sealed with castor oil. That worked out just fine. I was able to get 2 more days out of it. Smile
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 30th September 2010, 6:54 am

JazmineB wrote:wow, for some reason I never thought a twist out on old hair would look good. but it sounds like you guys love it. I might have to try it now!

I did retwist since my original post, and I finger parted and detangled then slathered(is that even a word? lol) my KCKT, then combed to ensure the ends were coated, used a little eco custard and then sealed with castor oil. That worked out just fine. I was able to get 2 more days out of it. Smile [/quote]

okay thanks! im gonna do that next time i do a loose style! im planning on wearing a twist out for one week, and then braiding my hair on the weekend and doing a braid out for the second week. i cant do my hair more often than that--its just too much. & lol yes slathered is a word. =]
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 30th September 2010, 10:59 am

Naturalin2010, I am glad you found products that give great results! It took me about 2 month also to get the results I wanted. I don't wash my hair again until wash day, which is usually Wednesday. I re-twist dry hair nightly and only apply product as needed. Each morning I refresh my twist out with my spritz.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down