CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite moisturizer? And why?

+11
freckledmom4
krazy coils
DvaAuNaturel
Tmochava
ChrsLvsBks
jlowman1
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
Curly Film Chick
NhappyJackie
tiashaunteé
15 posters

Go down

What is your favorite moisturizer? And why? Empty What is your favorite moisturizer? And why?

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd September 2010, 1:14 pm

With the cooler weather approaching we are all gearing up to battle the harsh dry air. One way to do this is to moisturize and seal the hair regularly. So, lets help each other...

Name your favorite moisturizer and why you love it so much.

If you are still on the search let us know what you have tried that did not work for you.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite moisturizer? And why? Empty Re: What is your favorite moisturizer? And why?

Post by NhappyJackie 23rd September 2010, 2:03 pm

My fav is coconut oil. I love the smell of it, it's cheap, and it really mosturizes my hair. I currently use a mixture that I made at home to help seal in and add moisture to my hair. Been using it for a month now and wish I could sell it!!! But everything doesn't work for everybody, so I might just keep it to myself. Here's the recipe if someone wants to try it:
4oz coconut oil
2oz shea butter
2oz giovanni direct leave-in
1 tbsp of sweet almond oil, and castor oil
2tbsp of aloe vera gel
1tsp jojoba oil
4drops of vegetable glycerin

I apply this mixture to wet hair hair and it leaves me and my girls hair soft, moist, and shiny for 3-4days without adding more. I also mix this with about 4ozs of eco styler to use on twist outs, braid outs, or to slick our edges.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite moisturizer? And why? Empty Re: What is your favorite moisturizer? And why?

Post by Curly Film Chick 23rd September 2010, 2:48 pm

My favorite moisturizers for the moment are:

Knot Today-diluted with water to stretch the product. I love to spray this liberally into sections of my hair right after I wash and before I style and then layer what ever other product on top
Oyin Frank Juice- I don't have anymore, but I loved this because of smell and how well it did for my hair, especially while in twists or any other protective style
Aloe Vera Gel- love it as a styler for both wet and dry hair
Oyin Whipped Pudding- love to use it on dry hair
Burts Bees Avocado Butter- I love it as a pre-poo and also to seal for twists
EVCO-excellent for shine and sealing!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd September 2010, 2:54 pm

Mines is
Tresseme flawless curls conditioner
EVOO
Cator oil
Coconut oil
Sweet almond
Applied to wet hair and twist.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 23rd September 2010, 3:26 pm

Right now I'm using Kimmaytube's leave in moisturizer recipe and I also use a shea butter/coconut oil mix. My hair stays soft and moisturized for a few days w/out me having to reapply.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd September 2010, 4:25 pm

My favorite moisturizer is Bee Mine's Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. Love love love that stuff. I get consistent results with it each and every time, soft, fluffy moisturized hair.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd September 2010, 4:26 pm

jlowman1 wrote:My favorite moisturizer is Bee Mine's Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. Love love love that stuff. I get consistent results with it each and every time, soft, fluffy moisturized hair.

i have some but I dont use it tht often. how do you use it?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd September 2010, 4:30 pm

All leave my hair soft and moisturized. A little goes a long way with each of them. Pluses with KBB & Hairveda is their smell.

Afroveda’s Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter
Karen’s Body Beautiful Hair Nectar and Milk (have new names now, one is called Ambrosia)
Darcy Botanicals Daily Leave in Conditioner
Koils by Nature Creamy Shealoe Leave In Conditioner
Hairveda The Whipped Cream
Curls Quenched Curls (on dry hair only)
Curl Junkie Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave In
Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 25th September 2010, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Curl Junkie products)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 23rd September 2010, 4:40 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:My favorite moisturizer is Bee Mine's Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer. Love love love that stuff. I get consistent results with it each and every time, soft, fluffy moisturized hair.

i have some but I dont use it tht often. how do you use it?

I've used it for wash and gos. I'll cowash with a cheap conditioner than use the Bee Mine as a leave in. I've also used it for braidouts. I use a dab on each section followed by QB Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm to seal then braid. My braidouts stay moisturized until my wash day about 4 days later.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd September 2010, 5:48 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Right now I'm using Kimmaytube's leave in moisturizer recipe and I also use a shea butter/coconut oil mix. My hair stays soft and moisturized for a few days w/out me having to reapply.

Ditto!
I was really about to list the same exact items. I love the way my hair absorbs the kimmaytube leave in (i need her to name this) and my hair just loves and craves both shea butter and coconut oil. I have the softest braid outs when I braid with shea butter.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 23rd September 2010, 6:19 pm

My favorite moisturizers are Qhemets Burdock Root and Butter Cream and right now I am using Garneir Fructics Leave In Conditioning Cream but I'm about to switch that to Kimmaytube's leave in. I've to to get one more ingredient. I like to seal with Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil or Hairveda's Whipped Green Tea Butter. I just use whatever is closest at the time of me doing my hair. I love them all.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th September 2010, 10:34 pm

Qhemet Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Kimmaytube LI mix+Fleurtzy Curls Nuture Cream
Oyin Frank Juice/Juices n' Berries
Hairveda Whipped Clouds (used this on my twists before I recut my hair-great smell/soft hair; need to try on my TWA)
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th September 2010, 1:13 am

Qhemet's Amla and Olive Heavy Cream mixed with the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm
Koils By Nature Shealoe leave-in
Shescentit Coco Cream leave-in
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 30th September 2010, 11:07 pm

Right now I am using DB Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning cream. It makes my hair feel soft and hydrated instantly and the feeling lasts unlike other products that I have to keep reapplying. I ordered it on a whim, but the bottle is half empty now.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 11th October 2010, 3:30 pm

Afrolicious (my hair) loves Kinky Curly Knot Today and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. My hair is completely soft and touchable after I saturate my hair in it. Even my twist-outs feel great after 3-4 days. Once it dries there is no white film and water refreshes it. Also, a little goes a long way.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 11th October 2010, 8:27 pm

my hair likes olive oil and castor oil
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by devastatingdiva 11th October 2010, 9:09 pm

NhappyJackie wrote:My fav is coconut oil. I love the smell of it, it's cheap, and it really mosturizes my hair. I currently use a mixture that I made at home to help seal in and add moisture to my hair. Been using it for a month now and wish I could sell it!!! But everything doesn't work for everybody, so I might just keep it to myself. Here's the recipe if someone wants to try it:
4oz coconut oil
2oz shea butter
2oz giovanni direct leave-in
1 tbsp of sweet almond oil, and castor oil
2tbsp of aloe vera gel
1tsp jojoba oil
4drops of vegetable glycerin

I apply this mixture to wet hair hair and it leaves me and my girls hair soft, moist, and shiny for 3-4days without adding more. I also mix this with about 4ozs of eco styler to use on twist outs, braid outs, or to slick our edges.

Thanks for the recipe...I will have to try this one day Very Happy
devastatingdiva
devastatingdiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 11th October 2010, 9:27 pm

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-in Conditioner and Smoothing Milk
Aussie Moist Leave-In (Used it today for the first time and I think it will work if I can take the spray top off and just pour it into my hands for better distribution.)

To seal I use Grapeseed Oil or Sweet Almond Oil.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down